Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: MovieLoader: HME meets MFS_FTP

ahh ok, playing with NCID now - i only have windows machines - guess i am a looser :^)

i may try a single tivo plugged in and give it a go..

ty again!

shawn

Just want to say THANK YOU! This is by far the best thing I've ever put on my TiVo's since I switched everything to HR10's. You have made my gf (and thus me) very happy. Keep up the great work!!

MovieLoader is a recently-acquired pleasure for me, my compiiments and thanks to the author.

I have a seemingly lifelong personal incompatibility with mfs_ftp.tcl inserts into recent Tivo OS's. Religiously applying all patches (and quite a few modification attempts on my own), I still get artifacts such as inserted shows showing up as "partial." Maybe the fact that most of my older shows were extracted as ty's rather than tmf's is part of the problem.

Look, is there any way to get the Tridge tools and the updates and improvements of Jamie, particularly, all of which which work fine manually in ALL OS and hardware environments, adapted to a useful everyday non-manual application for current Tivo Os's? IOW a modern replacement of the venerable but problematic mfs_ftp.tcl?

A 2007 mfs_ftp.tcl (I exclude, forward-looking, an s3 mfs_ftp.tcl-equivalent from this conversation).

There is a not very low ceiling to the amount of money I would pay to have an mfs_ftp.tcl-like application (pre-se3) which actually _works_ for inserts into (in my current case) 6.3c.

While I agree that an improved mfs_ftp would be a "wonderful thing", I think there would be more discussion and hopefully action if you were to start a new thread about it. There has already been some talk about it in this thread (see the discussion started here) but it didn't get much traction. I think a new thread would raise the visibility of the idea, and might bring in people who are not MovieLoader users but are mfs_ftp users and would be able to participate in creating a better mfs_ftp.
    -- gfb107

Quote Originally Posted by gfb107 View Post
    people who are not MovieLoader users but are mfs_ftp users
    No doubt. However, should you continue to advance MovieLoader, there will be little need for many end users to run mfs_ftp.tcl stand-alone at all. You are building a palace, but on an old cracking foundation that could use some shoring up. I have tried but I can't exactly track down the issues.

Drastically-needed Improvements to MovieLoader:

10. A paypal encouragement account for the author (I'm new so maybe there is one already, I'll look).
    9. More praise for the author of MovieLoader.
    8. A virtual statue of the author raised in DDB.
    7. An improved mfs_ftp.tcl.
    6. An improved mfs_ftp.tcl.
    5-1. An improved mfs_ftp.tcl.

I totally agree that MFS_FTP needs to be revised/updated/modified/improved. For it to be so important to extraction, it gets too little attention. There could at least be a new version released, as opposed to a patch of a patch of modified version from multiple locations. Don't get me wrong, I'm very appreciative to everyone who has gotten it this far, but things could be so much better.

I'm all for a either a new version or a replacement. I'd be willing to donate to make it happen. Hopefully there will be some momentum to get this started.

Great application! Thanks for all of your efforts with this. It is working great right now - though I gave up on trying to make it work with Galleon. Could never seem to get it to work right (.11g). I know other have, so just something not getting through my thick skull. Question though - now that I have Movie Loader working on my HR10-250, is there any way for me to get rid of all of the various links that come up in the Music, Photos & More menu that don't work - or to make them work? No reall biggie - just a bit annoying and would like to tidy things up. So far the only ones that work are Movie Loader, Podcaster, and some of the games. The rest all respond with unable to find URL, etc.

Also, is there a way to get rid of the "Logs" folder that shows up in Movie loader for my tivo files on my pc? I have a dir "My Tivo Recordings" setup which displays fine - but then the Logs subfolder also gets displayed on my HR10-250.

Thanks! Bob
    Last edited by bdeweese; 05-01-2007 at 12:24 AM.

Please tell me exactly how you are launching MovieLoader, including your directory structure for MovieLoader, your MovieLoader.properties file (if you have one) and your directory structure for recordings.
    -- gfb107

Sorry - I should have done that in the first place. I am presently launching MovieLoader manually from the command prompt, using the following command: java -jar c:\movieloader\movieloader.jar

My MovieLoader.properties file is as follows:

Title=Our Shows (Movie Loader)
    Living Room Tivo=ftp://192.168.1.136
    Archived Tivo Shows=D:\My Tivo Recordings

MovieLoader is on the c drive - c:\movieloader
    Files are stored to the d drive - d:\My Tivo Recordings
    Also, the Logs folder is a subfolder of My Tivo Recordings folder, but I assume it needs to be there so haven't tried just removing it.

Oh - and one more question - Can a DVD drive be added to the movieloader.profile, and is the tivo able to insert shows (.tmf) that have been moved from the harddrive dir to a dvd?

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!! Bob
    Last edited by bdeweese; 05-01-2007 at 12:24 PM.

What is the working (current) directory when you start MovieLoader? Must be D:\My TiVo Recordings.

Move your MovieLoader.properties file to C:\movieloader
    Change your launching command to
    Code:
    java -jar C:\movieloader\MovieLoader.jar C:\movieloader
    Now you can delete the cache and logs subfolders in D:\My TiVo Recordings. The cache and logs folders will be recreated in C:\movieloader

The only issues (note that I haven't tried it) MovieLoader will have with a CD/DVD drive are
    • If you change the media, the new content won't be reflected until the next cache update occurs.
    • Attempts to export to the CD/DVD drive will fail.
    -- gfb107

Ahhh - OK - That makes sense. I had played around with the MovidLoader at the end of the launch command, but I kept getting Path not found so I just left it out. Obviously without it, MovieLoader assumes that D:\My Tivo Recordings is the working dir. Should be an easy fix.

Yea - I figured I couldn't export to the dvd - but was thinking it might be useful to burn some of the large HD movies to a dual layer dvd for storage, thus freeing up the hard drive, and then be able to import directly from the dvd.

This app is cooler and cooler the more I figure it out!! Great job!

Thanks! Bob

You need to specify the fully qualified path on the command-line, or it'll think it's a sub-folder of the current working folder. C:\MovieLoader not just MovieLoader
    -- gfb107

I noticed that once I start exporting a program from my HR10-250 to my pc I can't cancel it out - other than to close down MovieLoader on my pc. Is this by design or am I doing something wrong? The "cancel" option shows up (not at home right now, but I think it is the enter button I am supposed to hit) but when I select it I just get the "bing" sound you get when you press a button that tivo doesn't recognize. Any thoughts?

Bob

MovieLoader doesn't support cancelling a transfer that is already in progress. That's because mfs_ftp doesn't support it. MovieLoader does allow you to cancel a pending transfer. The Clear button is used.
    -- gfb107

Ok - good deal. I knew mfs_ftp used to have issues with that - and obviously still does.

Thanks! Bob