Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: MovieLoader: HME meets MFS_FTP

Quote Originally Posted by gfb107 View Post
    Are you sure you have all the latest patches for mfs_ftp?
    Yes, I have the latest patches. I actually ended up getting this to work successfuly by not doing anything else over the network (especially FTP) at the same time. Worked quite well, actually! Thanks.

Is this correct that..

The shows are transfered in 30 min increments.. When you start a transfer (1 hr 30 min show) and go to play it the time line bar is only green for 30 min.. And seems to update the extra 30 min after the first 30 min is finished. Something along those lines.
    Is what I am seeing is correct right?
    Last edited by Butch; 03-12-2007 at 11:17 AM.

Bug when filename contains #

I'm just trying this great application for the first time today.

The video this is dying on is
    {Video 07 #01 Dec 31, 06 - Feb 14}{2007-02-17}{}{10.40 AM Sat Feb 17, 2007}{Sat}.xml

Code:
    3/12/07 1:51:29 PM: Caching ftp://192.168.0.53:3105/xml/{Video 07 .xml
    3/12/07 1:51:29 PM: java.io.IOException: Unable to get input stream:550 error, can't find "{Video 07 .xml"

java.io.IOException: Unable to get input stream:550 error, can't find "{Video 07 .xml"

at FtpMediaFile.update(FtpMediaFile.java:204)
    	at FtpMediaFolder.update(FtpMediaFolder.java:107)
    	at VirtualMediaFolder.update(VirtualMediaFolder.java:52)
    	at CacheUpdater.perform(CacheUpdater.java:71)
    	at FtpThread.run(FtpThread.java:127)

I'm pretty sure the # character is causing the problem.
    Is this an FTP server that is setup to look like a TiVo, or is it actually a TiVo?
    If it isn't a TiVo, what is the FTP server software being used?
    -- gfb107

I'm pretty sure the # character is causing the problem.
    Is this an FTP server that is setup to look like a TiVo, or is it actually a TiVo?
    If it isn't a TiVo, what is the FTP server software being used?
    The file is on a Tivo. Its a manual recording named via TivoWeb. MRV has no problems with the name and moving this recording across my 6.2 systems.

Makes me wonder what other characters might be lurking as a problem. It may be worth noting that I've seen problems with mfs_ftp in the past for accented characters like . That particular video was a regular DTV recording.

Quote Originally Posted by chrised View Post
    The file is on a Tivo. Its a manual recording named via TivoWeb. MRV has no problems with the name and moving this recording across my 6.2 systems.

Makes me wonder what other characters might be lurking as a problem. It may be worth noting that I've seen problems with mfs_ftp in the past for accented characters like . That particular video was a regular DTV recording.
    MRV uses a completely different interface for moving recordings around, so the fact that it works doesn't tell us much.

Have you tried it with an FXP enabled FTP client, such as SmartFTP?
    Have you checked the mfs_ftp log file for an errors associated with that transfer?
    -- gfb107

MRV uses a completely different interface for moving recordings around, so the fact that it works doesn't tell us much.

Have you tried it with an FXP enabled FTP client, such as SmartFTP?
    Have you checked the mfs_ftp log file for an errors associated with that transfer?
    Look carefully: The error is during the caching phase and notice how it truncated the filename:
    Code:
    mfs_ftp has no problems with these filenames. I've transfered these down to my PC and back up again without issue.

Because the caching phase is dying, Movieloader won't show me any files from this particular tivo. So, I haven't even begun to attempt an actual file transfer with the app.

Quote Originally Posted by chrised View Post
    Look carefully: The error is during the caching phase and notice how it truncated the filename:
    Code:
    mfs_ftp has no problems with these filenames. I've transfered these down to my PC and back up again without issue.

Because the caching phase is dying, Movieloader won't show me any files from this particular tivo. So, I haven't even begun to attempt an actual file transfer with the app.
    I am on vacation now, but I'm sure the issue is that the file name has a # in it. I use the file name to create a (Java) URL to the file, but according to [url=http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2396.txt]RFC2396
    The character "#" is excluded because it is used to delimit a URI from a fragment identifier in URI references
    I've got a fix pretty much figured out, but I won't be able to implement it for a few days. In the mean time, you could always use TiVoWeb to rename the recordings so that they don't have a # in their names.

Or you could take a stab at fixing it yourself, since you do have the MovieLoader source
    -- gfb107

I been trying to learn HME programming but there is not much out there for samples to look at. I learn fast by looking at programs and not by reading manuals, etc.
    I have eclipse.exe all set up and followed some web simple programming.

I been trying to make a simple HME program for
    '
    It would be great to create a HME Program that will read a .log file on your Tivo.
    e.g. In Music & Photos a program that would read
    http://192.168.0.240/logs/cidcall.log/
    would be awesome because this would allow to read the caller ID log. / or even other logs right from your tivo HME
    '

I was wondering if you can point me in the right direction or if it is very easy to do that maby you can program it.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I been trying to learn HME programming but there is not much out there for samples to look at. I learn fast by looking at programs and not by reading manuals, etc.
    I have eclipse.exe all set up and followed some web simple programming.

I been trying to make a simple HME program for
    '
    It would be great to create a HME Program that will read a .log file on your Tivo.
    e.g. In Music & Photos a program that would read
    http://192.168.0.240/logs/cidcall.log/
    would be awesome because this would allow to read the caller ID log. / or even other logs right from your tivo HME
    '

I was wondering if you can point me in the right direction or if it is very easy to do that maby you can program it.
    I managed to figure it out using the sample programs that came with the Bananas UI Toolkit. They are a reasonable starting point.
    You can look at the MovieLoader source if you think that would help. If you've installed MovieLoader, you also have the source, as it is included. All you have to do is unjar (or unzip) src.jar

A log viewer should be pretty easy to write.
    -- gfb107

I managed to figure it out using the sample programs that came with the Bananas UI Toolkit. They are a reasonable starting point.
    You can look at the MovieLoader source if you think that would help. If you've installed MovieLoader, you also have the source, as it is included. All you have to do is unjar (or unzip) src.jar

A log viewer should be pretty easy to write.
    Thanks. Looking into it now.

I just realized that clicking on the MovieLoader.jar starts it up in the background of windows (hidden).
    To stop it I would need to goto Task manager Process and end the javaw.exe process.
    I thought maybe it did this because I have eclipse installed but I tried it on my notebook and that works also.
    I use to start it using a .bat file
    WRONG. spoke to soon. using it this way it gets all the cach for the computer folders but does not work for getting the cach for the tivos / ftps
    Last edited by Butch; 03-16-2007 at 05:50 PM.

I am on vacation now, but I'm sure the issue is that the file name has a # in it. I use the file name to create a (Java) URL to the file, but according to [url=http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2396.txt]RFC2396
    I've got a fix pretty much figured out, but I won't be able to implement it for a few days. In the mean time, you could always use TiVoWeb to rename the recordings so that they don't have a # in their names.
    I can confirm the # causing problems. I modified TivoTitle to add the episode number to the title using # and the cache stops when it locates #.
    (2) UltimateTV - upgraded w/160GB
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    (3) HR21 (2) with AM21 & internal 2TB Seagate
    RandC

problems running on linux

I've been trying to get MovieLoader running for the better part of the night with no luck. Basically it seems to be running okay but I just don't see it in my HR10's menu. I am able to use the apps.tv HME apps just fine so I know that the Tivo is patched correctly.

MovieLoader server:
    IP: 192.168.123.100
    [tivo@localhost MovieLoader]$ java -version
    java version "1.5.0_09"
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_09-b03)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_09-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

[tivo@localhost MovieLoader]$ cat MovieLoader.properties
    Title=Content Server
    HiDef=/mnt/video6/HD/
    HD Tivo=ftp://192.168.123.147
    Extractions=/mnt/video5/video/

[tivo@localhost MovieLoader]$ java -jar MovieLoader.jar
    HME SDK 1.4 (TiVo, Inc.)
    LOG: MovieLoaderFactory.initFactory()
    LOG: Parsing "/home/tivo/MovieLoader/MovieLoader.properties"
    LOG: Setting title to "Content Server"
    LOG: "HiDef" represents "/mnt/video6/HD"
    LOG: "HD Tivo" represents "ftp://192.168.123.147:3105/tmf/"
    LOG: "Extractions" represents "/mnt/video5/video"
    LOG: added factory
    MDNS: http://192.168.123.100:7288/MovieLoader/

My HR10 is 192.168.123.147.

MovieLoader can talk to mfs_ftp just fine as can be seen here from the log
    3/20/07 1:20:36 AM: Updating ftp://192.168.123.147:3105/tmf/
    3/20/07 1:20:57 AM: Parsing /home/tivo/MovieLoader/cache/192.168.123.147{3105}/tmf/492748 - 24 - Day 6 700PM - 800PM.xml

I see absolutely no errors being output from java or MovieLoader itself. I even fired up the simulator on another linux box (behind another subnet) and when I gave it the IP it was not able to find the app but when I added /MovieLoader to the location it loaded up in the simulator just fine. Here's what I see before and after adding the /MovieLoader in the simulator.

LOG: 192.168.123.155 / HTTP GET - 404 - no application for: /
    LOG: HME receiver connected

I'm not running iptables or any firewall on the server, I was successfully running JavaHMO on this box for my 6.2 Tivos but even killed that just in case it was causing interference.

When I add the IP of the server into my HR10, it just tells me that there is no server at that address.

Any ideas what to check next? BTW yes I have read the entire thread and I seem to be having problems similar to what Cure was having back around page 12-14. For what it's worth I can't seem to get the HME trafficcam app to show up in my Tivo either.

What should my classpath be? Is there a log I can watch on my HR10 pertaining to HME? How often does MovieLoader send out the MDNS ping? Is there some baseline HME stuff that needs to be setup on the server end?

Thanks for any help. MovieLoader does seem to be a great app even if it doesn't like me right now.
    --
    Lowlight
    Philips DSR7000 - 120GB, encryption off, 6.2 DTivo, tivowebplus, endpadplus, vserver, MRV, HMO
    Hughes SDVR40 - 300GB, encryption off, 6.2 DTivo, tivowebplus, endpadplus, vserver, MRV, HMO
    Hughes HR10-250 250GB, encryption off, 6.3c, tivowebplus 1.4, endpadplus, vserver, mfs_ftp, HME on

and I use tivotool.linux.pl for extraction and tivoserver for MRV reinsertion

When I use the simulator, I don't have to enter the URL for MovieLoader.
    The URL for MovieLoader shows up in the Applications menu.

If 192.168.123.155 is on a different subnet than 192.168.123.100, does that mean that your HR10-250 at 192.168.123.147 is also on a different subnet than 192.168.123.100? I think it'll work better if the MovieLoader "server" is on the same subnet as the HR10-250 using it.
    -- gfb107

When I use the simulator, I don't have to enter the URL for MovieLoader.
    The URL for MovieLoader shows up in the Applications menu.

If 192.168.123.155 is on a different subnet than 192.168.123.100, does that mean that your HR10-250 at 192.168.123.147 is also on a different subnet than 192.168.123.100? I think it'll work better if the MovieLoader "server" is on the same subnet as the HR10-250 using it.
    The ML server and the HR10 are on the same subnet. When I was running the simulator, I was on my wireless laptop and the wireless router hangs off the 192.168.123.155 IP. So I wasn't that surprised that my laptop wasn't seeing any announcements of the ML app. I just used that real quick to make sure that my ML was actually running in the first place. Tonight when I get home I'll plug my laptop into the same switch as my HR10 and see if the simulator can find the ML server on it's own.

I'm not at all familiar with MDNS announcments. What should I be looking for with tcpdump (TCP or UDP, port #?, etc.)?
    --
    Lowlight
    Philips DSR7000 - 120GB, encryption off, 6.2 DTivo, tivowebplus, endpadplus, vserver, MRV, HMO
    Hughes SDVR40 - 300GB, encryption off, 6.2 DTivo, tivowebplus, endpadplus, vserver, MRV, HMO
    Hughes HR10-250 250GB, encryption off, 6.3c, tivowebplus 1.4, endpadplus, vserver, mfs_ftp, HME on

and I use tivotool.linux.pl for extraction and tivoserver for MRV reinsertion