Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: MovieLoader: HME meets MFS_FTP

I don't know what to tell you. It works for me.

Have you looked in the Galleon logs?
    -- gfb107

Do you have Samples.jar in the gallion\hme directory also? maybe that is required since it is necessary for MovieLoader to operate?

Quote Originally Posted by tall1 View Post
    I have the same problem. You said it was a problem with mfs_ftp? What did you change to fix it? thanks.

EDIT: hmmm, got it to work on the other HD Tivo. I guess I'll reinstall mfs_ftp.
    Inserts were broken in general for me. Turns out I had missed commenting out one of the Event lines. Do a manual insert and make sure it works OK for you.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Quote Originally Posted by cheer View Post
    Inserts were broken in general for me. Turns out I had missed commenting out one of the Event lines. Do a manual insert and make sure it works OK for you.
    I had problems with inserts at first too. mfs_ftp has gotten quite convoluted with all the separate binary downloads and patches, and whatnot. Might be time for somebody to put together a new distro package of it for S2 6.x units?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_zorg View Post
    I had problems with inserts at first too. mfs_ftp has gotten quite convoluted with all the separate binary downloads and patches, and whatnot. Might be time for somebody to put together a new distro package of it for S2 6.x units?
    That's unlikely, given the current legal state of it. Maybe I'll write a cheat-sheet for installing it.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Galleon in Linux

I've got my Linux installation of Galleon loading the MovieLoader app just fine, but I can't figure out where to put the MovieLoader.properties file. I tried the Galleon "apps" folder and /root (I'm running Galleon as root for now), but neither seemed to be correct.

If I run MovieLoader as a standalone app, it loads the .properties file just fine.

Anybody have any idea where to put the .properties file on a Linux box when running the app through Galleon?

P.S. This app ROCKS! Thanks so much for all the work you've all done on it thusfar.

Quote Originally Posted by cheer View Post
    That's unlikely, given the current legal state of it. Maybe I'll write a cheat-sheet for installing it.
    What somebody could do, if they were inclined, is unify all of those various patches that are going around into one single patch. Most of the people who made those patches probably wouldn't care if you did this that I know of.

The major patches I am aware of are:

Jamies patch to speed up inserts
    Jamies patch to use mfs_uberexport
    Another patch (don't remember by who) to add compatibility with 6.x versions.

IIRC there were a few others as well that added a few nifty things, but I don't remember what all they were. The easiest way to do this would be to incrementally apply them to mfs_ftp one by one until you get everything you want, and then run a diff of that against the latest official mfs_ftp. Then you have a nice single patch that does it all, and you can e.g. post that into the files forum, along with instructions on how to update mfs_ftp to be up to speed with the latest community modifications.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf; 12-19-2006 at 02:04 AM.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf View Post
    What somebody could do, if they were inclined, is unify all of those various patches that are going around into one single patch. Most of the people who made those patches probably wouldn't care if you did this that I know of.

The major patches I am aware of are:

Jamies patch to speed up inserts
    Jamies patch to use mfs_uberexport
    Another patch (don't remember by who) to add compatibility with 6.x versions.

IIRC there were a few others as well that added a few nifty things, but I don't remember what all they were. The easiest way to do this would be to incrementally apply them to mfs_ftp one by one until you get everything you want, and then run a diff of that against the latest official mfs_ftp. Then you have a nice single patch that does it all, and you can e.g. post that into the files forum, along with instructions on how to update mfs_ftp to be up to speed with the latest community modifications.
    Actually I thought of merging the patches today also... I began writing a mfs_ftp instructions thread after reading this post.

...I made a .tar with symlinks to the files mfs_ftp needs to write to in /var (so the user can run mfs_ftp in /mfs_ftp/) and also with just the s2 mfs-utils binaries that mfs_ftp needs.
    In the instructions, I'm going to have the user make the cache folder and the port.3105.log file in /var and then my .tar will have the symlinks to those.

Jamie mentioned to me a few months ago that he's been discouraging the use of the insert patches after some bug reports from bcc I think. I've noticed some issues myself with the insert patches and ty-ffmpeg created .ty's.... so I don't think I will include it in my instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by tlphipps View Post
    I've got my Linux installation of Galleon loading the MovieLoader app just fine, but I can't figure out where to put the MovieLoader.properties file. I tried the Galleon "apps" folder and /root (I'm running Galleon as root for now), but neither seemed to be correct.

If I run MovieLoader as a standalone app, it loads the .properties file just fine.

Anybody have any idea where to put the .properties file on a Linux box when running the app through Galleon?

P.S. This app ROCKS! Thanks so much for all the work you've all done on it thusfar.
    How are you launching Galleon? If you switch to the bin directory and then enter run.sh, I would guess the current directory is the bin directory.
    -- gfb107

I've updated the announcement post with a minor enhancement to MovieLoader. You can now specify the properties file or show directory on the command line.

This also means it can be specified in Galleon's launcher.txt file.
    -- gfb107

Quote Originally Posted by gfb107 View Post
    How are you launching Galleon? If you switch to the bin directory and then enter run.sh, I would guess the current directory is the bin directory.
    I thought of that last night after posting, but I had already shut things down for the night, so I didn't bother double-checking.

But now I see your next post mentioning that this is no longer an issue, so I'm just gonna move forward.

Thanks again for everything you've done. This is GREAT!

gfb107,

Quick thing I noticed. In the announcement you mention placing the .jar file in the galleon hme directory. I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be the apps directory. At least that's how mine is working.

The Galleon web site says to put it in the hme directory. See http://galleon.tv/content/view/41/47/
    -- gfb107

Quote Originally Posted by mr_zorg View Post
    That's a clear sign that the XML descriptor file embedded in the stream is malformed. Most likely the program title or description contains an ampersand in it and mfs_ftp is not escaping it properly. In xml, just like html, & has special meaning, and if the ampersand character itself is meant & should be used instead. Unlike most web browsers, however, most standard java xml parsers won't tolerate such nonsense. It may be possible to put the parser into a more lax parsing mode, or, ideally, we patch mfs_ftp to spit out well formed xml.

In the mean time, you can manually edit the xml and change & to & or and. Alternatively, put the show back on the tivo manually (if it's not still there), use TWP to edit the program title/description and re-download it.
    Maybe I should change MovieLoader to look for a .xml file before looking in the .ty/.ty+/.tmf file for xml data. A user could then extract the xml data and tweak it for MovieLoader, but still keep to original mfs_ftp data in the file.
    -- gfb107

Quote Originally Posted by gfb107 View Post
    The Galleon web site says to put it in the hme directory. See http://galleon.tv/content/view/41/47/
    I stand corrected. FWIW, I can confirm that it works when placed in the apps directory as well.