Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: MovieLoader: HME meets MFS_FTP

Quote Originally Posted by mr_zorg View Post
    I believe it needs to be named exactly the same as the file you're transferring, only with .jpg extension. From your description it sounds like your ty/tmf filename has curly braces in them, the image should too. Also, I assume by "movieloader directory" you mean the directory where you place your ty/tmf files, not the directory with the MovieLoader.jar (unless they're the same, of course)?
    That is correct. The image file (and the external xml file, if used) must be named exactly the same as the .tmf/.ty+/.ty file, but with the extension changed appropriately. They must also be in the same directory.

Here's a sample directory listing:
    Code:
    C:\MovieLoader\test>dir /b
    Finding Neverland.jpg
    Finding Neverland.tmf
    {Fastlane}{2003-03-07}{Slippery Slope}{06.00 PM Fri Nov 17, 2006}{TV1}.tmf
    {Good Eats}{Raising the Bar}.tmf
    {Mrs. Harris}{2005-01-01}{}{03.45 PM Sat Mar 18, 2006}{HBO2}.jpg
    {Mrs. Harris}{2005-01-01}{}{03.45 PM Sat Mar 18, 2006}{HBO2}.tmf
    {The Princess Bride}{1970-01-01}{}{06.00 PM Sat Nov 25, 2006}{PPV}.tmf

C:\MovieLoader\test>
    -- gfb107

Thanks, I got the coverart to work. For some nonsensical reason, I thought I had to retain the original file name that FTP inserts with the brackets. I used the thumbnail (10.5kb) provided in dvd profiler and it displays perfectly in movieloader.

I've been digging around in the MovieLoader source tonight (it's been a long time since I've worked on Java) and I've had some ideas. First I'd like to thank you for writing readable code. I'm wondering if we (mostly not me yet) could make use of this (http://fobs.sourceforge.net/features.html) and this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=49935) to bridge the remaining gap between MovieLoader and TivoServer for non MRV machines like the HR10-250? The build instructions for FOBs looks pretty straight forward and I have been building ty enabled ffmpeg for linux lately which is also pretty straight forward. I'll personally try to get FOBs and ty-ffmpeg to build together but I'm not sure I'm ready to try getting MovieLoader to use FOBs. I also have to upgrade my HR10 to 6.3b and hack it before I can do any testing.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Looks like I wrote too soon. That's what I get for posting while so tired. Looks like Fobs is only for decoding files and not rencoding (I may be wrong about that cuz I am tired) so that wouldn't get us the ty enabled features that we need. I suppose all this Fobs stuff isn't needed anyway if we can call ffmpeg and tell it to write to stdout if we can read from that like a unix pipe. Would not having the completed ty stream before starting the mfs_ftp transfer cause a problem?
    Last edited by Lowlight; 12-23-2006 at 02:40 AM. Reason: I forgot to look before I leapt.
    --
    Lowlight
    Philips DSR7000 - 120GB, encryption off, 6.2 DTivo, tivowebplus, endpadplus, vserver, MRV, HMO
    Hughes SDVR40 - 300GB, encryption off, 6.2 DTivo, tivowebplus, endpadplus, vserver, MRV, HMO
    Hughes HR10-250 250GB, encryption off, 6.3c, tivowebplus 1.4, endpadplus, vserver, mfs_ftp, HME on

and I use tivotool.linux.pl for extraction and tivoserver for MRV reinsertion

A couple more enhancement ideas

First off: I love this app. I just got everything running yesterday and MovieLoader has been flawless so far.

I have a few suggested enhancements that would have helped me out yesterday.

1. Add the "progress bar" to all screens when a transfer is in progress. I kept checking in on "in progress" transfers by going all the way through to selecting a new transfer just so I could see the current transfer progress. This tripped me up once because I accidentally re-transferred a show (it was done, but I didn't know till I selected the "transfer" option).

2. Add a "stop transfer" option. It'd be nice if you could stop an "in progress" transfer at any time.

3. Add the current "transfer rate" along with the progress bar. This is just a nice-to-have really, but I like to monitor my mfs_ftp insert speeds as they're much slower for me on 6.3 than they were on 3.1.5f with my AGIGAUSB.

I'd love to offer my coding support, but to be honest I've never worked with java at all. (I know this has been mentioned by several others as well)

Thanks again for such a great app!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I agree that this would be a good approach. Building in mfs-utils would make the whole think GPL'd though, which would make it impossible to block the ebay resellers.
    Well, we could still approach everything from the angle that mfs_ftp currently does. Namely keep the tridge stuff as separate binaries, and pipe the data as needed. mfs_streams, mfs_uberexport, and mfs_import are all that would be needed. Possibly mfs_dumpobj as well to make calculating the filesizes of TMF's more realtime. Basically tivoftpd could just be extended for mfs support by executing these binaries as needed. And I believe oftpd is BSD code, so we don't have to follow the GPL rules there.

In concept this even sounds much more simple than mfs_ftp, and therefore much less prone to error. mfs_streams seems to be able to complete its job pretty quickly even on a full tivo, so we could for the most part eliminate the need for any kind of caching. Random access could also easily be done as mfs_uberexport and mfs_import support starting and ending at given file offsets.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf; 12-23-2006 at 10:08 AM.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Hey fellas,

Merry Christmas to all !

Having a bit of trouble getting this up and running. ( eggnog not helping things )

I am running a wired network of 3 hr10-250's all at 6.3b, all able to insert via mfs_ftp w HME enabled. I see "Music Photos and More" listed under Directv button.

A few questions

here is my java version on my xp box, will it work ? If not where do I get updated files from ? Some of these can be large.

I have all my tmf files on my "H:" Drive, all by themselves, no folders

Here is the response I get when trying to launch the app

Code:
    Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Brian>java -version
    java version "1.4.2_05"
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_05-b04)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_05-b04, mixed mode)

C:\Documents and Settings\Brian>h:

H:\>java -jar G:\MovieLoader\MovieLoader.jar MovieLoader
    HME SDK 1.4 (TiVo, Inc.)
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: MovieLoader (
    Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
            at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
            at com.tivo.hme.host.sample.Main.createFactory(Main.java:384)
            at com.tivo.hme.host.sample.Main.<init>(Main.java:151)
            at com.tivo.hme.host.sample.Main.<init>(Main.java:60)
            at com.tivo.hme.host.sample.Main.main(Main.java:534)

H:\>
    thanks in advance

Brian

mfs_ftp explanation

That definitely looks like a Java version issue. Get an up-to-date version at http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
    -- gfb107

that up-to-date version did the trick, I've got MovieLoader workin now !!

What an awesome app !!

I'm sure glad to be a mouse in a house like this place.

Now off to try some of the coverart.

Steve90071:
    I used those exact instructions, your way definitely worked for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by steve90071 View Post
    I'm not currently having problems, I got them all worked out some time ago. But that looks like a nice write-up. My only suggestion would be to add links to where to get those files from...

Quote Originally Posted by cheer View Post
    A slicker solution would be to fire off some kind of fxp-based transfer so that the data goes directly from remote Tivo to HME Tivo. But that may not be as trivial as I originally thought, based on the ftp thread code in MovieLoader.

(Need to find a nice command-line-based fxp client...preferably an open-source multiplatform one...then we could just spawn it as needed.)
    Here is an open source client that supports FXP on all POSIX (Linux,Unix, BSD, etc.) OSs, but might not be too tough to convert to Windows. WinXP, Win2K, and Win2K3 can run many POSIX applications so we may not even have to worry about it. Haven't tried it yet.

Yet Another FTP Client:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/yafc/

Quote Originally Posted by Ellipse View Post
    Here is an open source client that supports FXP on all POSIX (Linux,Unix, BSD, etc.) OSs, but might not be too tough to convert to Windows. WinXP, Win2K, and Win2K3 can run many POSIX applications so we may not even have to worry about it. Haven't tried it yet.

Yet Another FTP Client:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/yafc/
    I know the unix world is used to forking off processes, but allow me to put on my Java programmer's hat on for a moment. A pure Java implementation would be better. Forking processes in a cross platform Java app is problematic, and would make the app more brittle and difficult to support. Not to mention it runs counter to the general "Java mentality". Not unlike the FOSS crowd frowning on closed source apps.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_zorg View Post
    I know the unix world is used to forking off processes, but allow me to put on my Java programmer's hat on for a moment. A pure Java implementation would be better. Forking processes in a cross platform Java app is problematic, and would make the app more brittle and difficult to support. Not to mention it runs counter to the general "Java mentality". Not unlike the FOSS crowd frowning on closed source apps.
    Now THAT request is a little bit more difficult to find. I agree with the idea though. For me, not being a programmer (but I do support J2EE server apps for a living!), I figured it would at least be a start.

Since obviously we have something running on the TiVos that are not Java (mfs_ftp) AND this could go there (I know, something MORE to install on a limited system) if it needed to, this would be a good place to start for looking into code to use in our quest. Who knows, maybe this could be used as part of the whole mfs_ftp replacement concept and give us FXP right on the TiVo itself!?!?

(I understand why some people here may want to limit the eBay vultures from profitting from all the hard work here, but just remember that if it was not for the GPL, we would not have a system to be working on at all. Just my $0.02 on that subject.)
    Last edited by Ellipse; 01-04-2007 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Just have to mention this is my 10000000 post...in binary, of course. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellipse View Post
    Now THAT request is a little bit more difficult to find. I agree with the idea though. For me, not being a programmer (but I do support J2EE server apps for a living!), I figured it would at least be a start.

Since obviously we have something running on the TiVos that are not Java (mfs_ftp) AND this could go there (I know, something MORE to install on a limited system) if it needed to, this would be a good place to start for looking into code to use in our quest. Who knows, maybe this could be used as part of the whole mfs_ftp replacement concept and give us FXP right on the TiVo itself!?!?

(I understand why some people here may want to limit the eBay vultures from profitting from all the hard work here, but just remember that if it was not for the GPL, we would not have a system to be working on at all. Just my $0.02 on that subject.)
    There was a pretty thorough description of how FXP works a few posts back, it doesn't sound too complicated to implement. I don't think anything really special is needed, it's all just use of existing FTP commands. So the existing Java FTP library should be able to handle it, just not automatically.

Of course, that's easy for me to say, I've contributed very little to this project so far. I really WANT to help more, I just have a hard time making time for it after work. gfb107 always seems to beat me to any new features.

I'm with you on the whole vultures thing, we've all benefited from FOSS in one way or another. Why shouldn't the vultures? How is it any different? Anyhoo...

I've been working on adding support for using mfs_ftp enabled TiVos as a show source. It's a bit rough around the edges, but I am making it available for testing and comments.

When creating an entry in your MovieLoader.properties file, just use an ftp URL instead of a folder name. For example:
    Code:
    DVD Rips=g:\rips
    Family Room TiVo=ftp://192.168.1.108
    Basement TiVo=ftp://basementTiVo
    If you aren't using the standard mfs_ftp port of 3105, you can include it in the url, like this:
    Code:
    FTP Archive=ftp://192.168.1.11:21
    It'll take a while to list the available shows when you navigate into an ftp host, as it actually issues an FTP request to list the contents of the /tmf folder, and mfs_ftp takes a while to build the list.

Show details are retrieved by ftp of the show's xml file from the /xml folder. They are not extracted from the tmf file as is done for local files.
    There is no attempt to find an image file as is done for local files.

Transferring the show from the source TiVo to the destination TiVo takes place by FXP. That means there is no way to keep track of the progress of the transfer. So it'll show 0% for the entire duration of the transfer, and then suddenly jump to Complete when finished.

It should be possible to archive TiVo recordings to a non-TiVo ftp server by preserving the mfs_ftp naming and folder structure, and then putting that ftp server in your MovieLoader.properties file. In order to have show details displayed by MovieLoader, you would need to have both the tmf file and the xml file, each in the appropriate folder.

There is no grouping of shows, and you don't have control over how they are sorted. They are sorted alphabetically by the display name MovieLoader generates from the file name.

********** 1/26/2007 ***********
    MovieLoader.zip removed as it is obsolete.
    Last edited by gfb107; 01-26-2007 at 08:16 AM.
    -- gfb107