Thread: Cannot pass guided setup after Clear and Delete Everything...

Cannot pass guided setup after Clear and Delete Everything...

I was having a problem with reboots so I did a clear and delete everything on a DSR6000 and now I can't get past the guided setup as it just sits on Please Wait after the signal strength test. I am running 3.1 and Xplusz. Please help. Thank you very much

It's the holiday season, I'll be kind. What do the log files say? (Under /log in partition 9).

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

I do appreciate the help...

I telneted in and I do have a log directory in /var/log. The files are

tivoLog.pub
    tivoLog.prv.gz
    tivoLog.prv.gz.bfg
    svclog
    tivolog.prv

I am not sure which one you are looking for. Sorry for the dumb question and again, thank you.

OK, it looks like the log files were different for the Series 1s. I'd suggest looking at the log file which has been updated most recently. Otherwise, hope one of the Series 1 experts comes along and helps you. If all else fails, it might be appropriate to be asking these questions in the Series 1 forum.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.