Thread: Editing .ty and saving as .ty

Editing .ty and saving as .ty

Is there a tool that allows you to edit .ty files and save them as .ty? I'm using TyTools which is a great program, but I only see that I can edit .ty files and save them as MPEG2 or VOBs. I want to edit them and save them as .ty's for tivoserver. I might have missed something obvious here and I'm hoping someone can help.

Thanks!

Only thing I can think of that would avoid the ty -> mpeg -> ty scenario would be to use chunkedit.

You can edit the stream directly on your Tivo and then download the edited file for use with tivoserver.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Quote Originally Posted by dillweed View Post
    I only see that I can edit .ty files and save them as MPEG2 or VOBs. I want to edit them and save them as .ty's for tivoserver.
    As mentioned, for .ty all the way chunkedit is about it. Why do you want to avoid using the edited MPEG2s or VOBs in tivoserver?

Because when I ty>mpeg and edit out the commercials and then mpeg>ty the quality is terrible, even when trying a bitrate of 7000. I'm trying to find a way to edit out commercials and watch on the Tivo via tivoserver without bit loss.