Thread: Let Tivo Upgrade itself...

Let Tivo Upgrade itself...

Hey Guys,
    Quick question... and I'm almost embarrassed to ask. I want to let my Tivo take upgrades on it's own again, effectively removing all the hacks (that I'm not using). The manual upgrade process has become a bit of a pain. So...

If my "bootpage -p" returns:
    root=/dev/hda4 dsscon=true console=2,115200 upgradesoftware=false

and I change it to:
    bootpage -P "root=/dev/hda7 dsscon=true console=2,115200" -C /dev/hda

Will that do the trick? Did I get the hda4 / hda7 right?
    thanks!
    -=re\/x=-

No. If the drive is in the TiVo and you're telneting in, change it with
    bootpage -P "root=/dev/hda4 dsscon=true console=2,115200" /dev/hda

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Thank you!

Thanks again, PlainBill! I've really appreciated all the help I've received from you and all the other great people on this board. And I do have to say that I learned a lot about the Tivo and really enjoyed 'hacking' it.

I tend to find a hobby, in this case the Tivo; learn a bunch about it... then move on to something different or take the knowledge to another project. Hacking the S2 was a great experience... and I never did miss a Law & Order for my wife.

Thanks again everybody!
    -=re\/x=-

Quote Originally Posted by revx View Post
    Hacking the S2 was a great experience... and I never did miss a Law & Order for my wife.
    -=re\/x=-
    And a very good thing too. Loose an episode of L & O and you would play the part of the victim on CSI!!!

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.