Thread: HR10-250 - Newbie Questions

HR10-250 - Newbie Questions

I have been searching the forums and I just want to make sure I understand. I have a standard definition series 2 software 6.2 with the works on it. What I like best is the tivoserver function. I store shows on my computer and then pull them off onto that box to watch right from the tivo menu. I understand that this feature is MRV? Anyways, I want this feature on my HR10-250. I would love to store some HD shows on my computer the same way. I have version 3.1f and I know that this function is not available. I can manually use mfs_ftp to transfer files back and forth. Is there anything new that works more like the tivoserver for this unit? What if I upgrade to 6.2 or 6.3? Does that change any of my options? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

TD

Well...kinda...maybe. There is no version of the HR10-250 software that can do MRV at this point, so Tivoserver isn't possible on the HR10-250. But, you may want to check out threads on the "Movieloader" HME app, which would be available on a hacked HR10-250 w/ 6.3(x) software.

Another Newbie question. Just recently picked up an older HR10. What is the lifespan of a CMOS battery. Is there any big deal to changing them. By that I mean does pulling it cause any issues. Getting it out is a snap.

Thanks...
    (2) HR10-250 500 GB upgraded to 6.4a
    (2) HR20s
    JimW

About 3-4 years, typically. The only issue if it fails is that the clock will be off until the sat signal is reacquired.
    Steve

IIRC, on the standalone units its a rather common CR2032 battery cell. These are often found in those car-key remote-lock dongles as well as those old Sega Dreamcast LCD memory cards (VMU I think they're called).

I'm pretty sure the HR10 uses the same battery. As stevel points out, the clock will reset if power goes out, and takes time to re-aquire.

Thanks for the info. Was just a little concerned. When I opened the unit up we had clouds of dust. Vaccumed it out. And long as I had it open thought about changing it but wanted to be sure before I really screwed something up.
    (2) HR10-250 500 GB upgraded to 6.4a
    (2) HR20s
    JimW