Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus v2.0 Development and Testing

Many Thanks!!!

To John1980 and BTUxNine and to everyone else who has contributed to this project, I would like to take this moment to offer many thanks!!!

Strange... my alternate port numbers don't appear to be working so good...
    I set my port at 8082 (i use nat and configure my router). Does anyone else still do this? Is it working?

I am using the TivoWebPlus/config/tivoweb.cfg

The port number is there, seems to have broken a couple updates back or so...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecheese View Post
    Strange... my alternate port numbers don't appear to be working so good...
    I set my port at 8082 (i use nat and configure my router). Does anyone else still do this? Is it working?

I am using the TivoWebPlus/config/tivoweb.cfg

The port number is there, seems to have broken a couple updates back or so...

Thanks!
    If TWP is on a readonly fs, TWP will default to using /var/TWP/config for its config files... check if tivoweb.cfg is there, and edit that one if so.
    Former Tivo Hacker (retired)

Quote Originally Posted by BTUxNine View Post
    If TWP is on a readonly fs, TWP will default to using /var/TWP/config for its config files... check if tivoweb.cfg is there, and edit that one if so.
    Right you were, dear dir!

I'm not sure I understand what happened... maybe when i ran your 6.2a script the permissions changed? Oh, well.. it works now!

Quote Originally Posted by John1980 View Post
    As the partsize is calculated as either the size of the first part (using 'mfs size') or a multiple of 256 (for DTivo's) and 204 (for others) then, unless my maths is very rusty, I would say that the only way it can come up with 568 or 528 is due to the 'mfs size' command returning those values.

I don't see why the partsize would change just because the buffer was larger (I would just expect to see more parts). It could be that removing the part that attempts to use 'mfs size' may resolve the problem?
    Nevertheless, for SA Series 1 Tivos it does indeed change the part size. I've been dealing with that since even before TWP was first released. Which brings me back to hardcoding the value and having that change wiped out with each version update. Not a fun outcome with 4 Tivos in the house. I asked before about the 'mfs size' command and where it comes from. Perhaps now would be the time to investigate this further. I used the mfs_info command from the unified tools in my own investigations.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by rbird View Post
    Nevertheless, for SA Series 1 Tivos it does indeed change the part size. I asked before about the 'mfs size' command and where it comes from.
    The 'mfs size' command is aTiVo internal TCL command. The libraries are in /tvlib. If only the S1 units are dynamic then I could alter the code to only use 'mfs size' for S1 units?

I was using TWP extensively two days ago and then just let it sit. Now, it's unresponsive.

Using TivoWebPlus - v2.0.0 (2.0.0 (oztivo-070313))

Last entry in log is - [20/Mar/2007:18:57:30] running CleanupGlobals

last few entries from ps aux

root 449 99.9 13.7 10632 3864 ? R 12:02 12:31 /tvbin/tivosh ./httpd
    root 450 99.9 0.0 0 0 ? SW 22:11 0:01 bash ./tivoweb consol
    root 770 26.0 0.0 0 0 ? SW 22:11 0:00 /bin/bash -login
    root 781 28.0 0.0 0 0 ? RW 22:11 0:00 ps aux

Edit: I suspect this is a big never mind. Further analysis after the reboot showed no TiVo activity after an attempt to download service data at 2:00 am this morning.
    Last edited by ronsch; 03-22-2007 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Attach full log file

Quote Originally Posted by ronsch View Post
    I was using TWP extensively two days ago and then just let it sit. Now, it's unresponsive.
    there's nothing really suspicious in the logs
    I see that hackman was recently added... dunno if event bug is a possibility

can you check top and see if a process is using a lot of CPU?

Yeah, it was added the day after I installed TWP 2. But as I said, all activity except telnet and ftp seemed to have stopped at the time the service data download was scheduled.

Wasn't responsive to remote or to buttons on front panel. Used Telnet to go in and issue reboot. Didn't pay much attention to the other processes. No suggestions were recorded after 2:00am and with the additional 50gb of space I added last Friday, there are a bazillion scheduled to record. It also missed a SP recording with the message of a power outage, which I know is bogus.

Thanks for the PM.. Removed.

Sounds VERY much like an event bug issue

Search appears to be broken in release 070321:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_search '' ''
    invalid command name "MOD::action_search"
    while executing
    "$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
    (procedure "do_action" line 19)
    invoked from within
    "do_action $action $chan $part $env 1"
    --cut here--

Quote Originally Posted by jonbig View Post
    Search appears to be broken in release 070321:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_search '' ''
    invalid command name "MOD::action_search"
    while executing
    "$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
    (procedure "do_action" line 19)
    invoked from within
    "do_action $action $chan $part $env 1"
    --cut here--
    No errors in my searches. (Running 070321)

Code:
    Search Results for 'street smarts'
    Results 
      STREET SMARTS   
    Elapsed Time: 1.468066

I installed the latest TWP 2.0 on my Series 1 SA today. I also tried the Reorder SP screen for the first time after finding a conflict where the wrong show was getting priority. I am seeing the exact set of circumstances that Throg reported earlier in this thread. Are we the only two having this problem or is it just down on the priority list ( ) for getting worked on?

Personally, I just use the old reorder function the few times I need to do such things, so yeah, it's pretty low on my list.

In TWP v1.3.1 there were a couple of ITCLs' called {more} in the modules directory that could br deleted if you didn't want certain Tivoweb menu items to be placed under sub menus (eg Hi-Guide). However in TWP v2.0 this option seems to have been removed and you are forced to accept some menu items like Hi-Guide (that one might use frequently) being arbitrarily placed on sub menus without any control over this. Is there any way round this and why was this control feature removed?

Also unless I am missing something obvious TWP v2.0 does not support Search by Advisory Code, Tracker, Daily Mail Jazz or the User Interface module to edit all thumbs ratings created for any program or program series in the database. This was Ljay's User Interface/Preferences/Explicity Thumbed module add on. Also logging for external http access recorded in the httpd log again does not seem to be supported as far as I can tell. Would anyone care to comment on this?