Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus v2.0 Development and Testing

TivoWebPlus v2.0 Development and Testing

A forum to discuss the development of the latest iteration of TivoWebPlus. This version has been designed (by BTUx9) to work more reliably for those systems with many lineups (such as DTivo units with 700+ channels).

It should be noted that the internal structures have changed in this release; while many modules have been converted and included, other modules not included in the bundle may require a little modification before they will work.

The software (v2.0.0) can be downloaded from http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/TivoWebPlus

FYI: All the changes to the internal structures (to improve stability) as well as the customisable user interface and columns are the work of BTUx9. Thanks and appreciation for should go to him - I've had only minor input in this version.

John1980 is being too modest... He doesn't have the same issues with too large a lineup, but like a trooper, he's been very active testing and maintaining... I break things and he fixes them

Can this be loaded using the Update feature in TWP 1.4 or should we start from scratch?

A postscript from the 1.4 thread - Symantec tells me that they'll fix the bogus HTTP header issue in a future update to the Norton Internet Security Bonus Pack.
    Steve

Throg Guest
    I noticed this problem in 1.40 but never reported it, thinking it was my own problem. When I use the search module, no sub-categories are available for any category. An example is I want to do a Title search for Movies/Comedies. I get as far as Title and Movies, no subcategory. The module
    works as expected in 1.3.
    Last edited by Throg; 01-12-2007 at 06:16 PM.

yes, the update feature from 1.4 to 2.0 should work fine

re: search subcat, looks like the javascript I wrote for it may be broken for MSIE... works fine on firefox :P

edit: nevermind... seems that I had javascript disabled in MSIE... something you could try: change line 274 of search.itcl from
    Code:
          puts $chan [js genre]
    to
    Code:
          puts $chan [js "" "genres= new Array ([join $::genrenums ,])\ngenrevals= new Array (\"[join $::genrevals \",\"]\")\n"]
          puts $chan [js genericgenre2]
    Last edited by BTUxNine; 01-11-2007 at 10:13 PM.

Just a coupla dumb suggestions/comments:

- Is there any reason the update feature couldn't be used to grab the updates directly from the web, thereby skipping the step of downloading the package first?

- Why/when did it becoming "Now Showing List" again instead of "Now Playing List"? I know for a short while it was "Now Playing List", which is what the Tivo uses.

- Is there any way to make the Info screen show what is tuned on both tuners of a DirecTivo? It will occasionally show both if one of them is recording, and the other is on LiveTV. But I think it would be nice to show what both tuners are doing all the time.

Throg Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BTUxNine View Post
    re: search subcat, looks like the javascript I wrote for it may be broken for MSIE... works fine on firefox :P
    :P yourself. I use firefox! :P

edit: nevermind... seems that I had javascript disabled in MSIE... something you could try: change line 274 of search.itcl from
    Code:
          puts $chan [js genre]
    to
    Code:
          puts $chan [js "" "genres= new Array ([join $::genrenums ,])\ngenrevals= new Array (\"[join $::genrevals \",\"]\")\n"]
    Good catch. I'm trying this now.

Throg Guest
    Code:
          puts $chan [js genre]
    to
    Code:
    Okay, when I do that, the Category dropdown incorrectly displays subcategories but only the ones beginning A through C. Subcategory dropdown still only displays "Don't specify a sub-category". In other words, it made things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by whitepelican View Post
    - Is there any reason the update feature couldn't be used to grab the updates directly from the web, thereby skipping the step of downloading the package first?
    This is possible, however the bundles reside on a system that required domain names rather than IP address... which means that the version of wget on the systems needs to have been compiled with DNS support (as it must be able to resolve www.googlepages.com). The majority of TiVo's out there do not have a DNS capable "wget" binary.

- Why/when did it becoming "Now Showing List" again instead of "Now Playing List"? I know for a short while it was "Now Playing List", which is what the Tivo uses.
    I flicked the description back to "Now Playing" when doing v1.3.1 but the URL is still "/nowshowing" for backwards compatibility. I see that v2.0.0 has a NSL - Now Showing List... I am guessing that it may be better to change this to "Now Playing List" (what do you think BTUx9?)

- Is there any way to make the Info screen show what is tuned on both tuners of a DirecTivo? It will occasionally show both if one of them is recording, and the other is on LiveTV. But I think it would be nice to show what both tuners are doing all the time.
    I don't currently have access to a DTivo unit in which to look into this, but it should not be too hard to get working (assuming that the information is available under MFS). If somebody with a DTivo wishes to have a look and get it going then it can be included in the next bundle.
    Last edited by John1980; 01-12-2007 at 08:49 PM.

re: subcat problems
    With help from jamie, who has a SA (I don't), I located the problem... the fix is in CVS

Throg Guest
    re: subcat problems
    With help from jamie, who has a SA (I don't), I located the problem... the fix is in CVS
    And it works. Good job.

Throg Guest
    Now I feel like I'm nitpicking. This could be something for you to consider down the road or whenever you like. I did a blank title search for Movies/Western and Three Amigos appeared. The genres listed in the show info were: "Comedy, Western" without the quotes. Then I did a blank Title search for Movies/Comedy and Three Amigos did not show up. Could it be that Comedy, is not the same as Comedy?

Quote Originally Posted by John1980 View Post
    This is possible, however the bundles reside on a system that required domain names rather than IP address... which means that the version of wget on the systems needs to have been compiled with DNS support (as it must be able to resolve www.googlepages.com). The majority of TiVo's out there do not have a DNS capable "wget" binary.
    It appears that the version of wget in Alphawolf's all-in-one binary package must be DNS capable. Isn't that what most folks are using on their Tivos? Or is it that older versions of Alphawolf's package didn't have this capability in wget? Oh well, I was just asking, since I really appreciate the updates you guys are doing and I want to make it as easy as possible to keep all of my Tivos at the latest TWP release.

Edit: I suppose I'm forgetting S1 Tivo users, n'est-ce pas?

Quote Originally Posted by Throg View Post
    Now I feel like I'm nitpicking. This could be something for you to consider down the road or whenever you like. I did a blank title search for Movies/Western and Three Amigos appeared. The genres listed in the show info were: "Comedy, Western" without the quotes. Then I did a blank Title search for Movies/Comedy and Three Amigos did not show up. Could it be that Comedy, is not the same as Comedy?
    Not nitpicking... One of the real bugaboos has been the search module... inconsistencies like this indicate a problem, and I'm relying on people who are beta-testing to let me know when they run across something. Thank You for doing your part

Throg Guest
    Not nitpicking... One of the real bugaboos has been the search module... inconsistencies like this indicate a problem, and I'm relying on people who are beta-testing to let me know when they run across something. Thank You for doing your part
    I understand. It's just that I know you guys have been working your fingers to the bones on this and even though you need feedback to know about problems, I sometimes feel like I'm criticizing already outstanding work.