Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus v2.0 Development and Testing

Does your firewall at work do address translation to hide your true IP from the internet? Since you have a pw, try removing the host entry and allow anyone who knows the pw.

Also, are you on a Cablemodem? Most Cable modem ISPs block port 80. You'd need to change your port to access it remotely. (Cable Co's don't want you hosting traditional websites)

Any chance for a final fix for Widget 1.2.3?

Quote Originally Posted by John1980 View Post
    Have a look at this mod. You set streaming support under the preferences (right click the big TiVo), and you can stream shows from the lists using the right-click menu. I have tested the PC which uses an http://???.asx url, but am unable to test the Mac - which is configured to use tivo:// url.
    My problem regarding the widget sending out HTTP://IP_address/FSID instead of a TIVO://IP_address/FSID seems to have fixed itself. All I did was rename the Widget. Strange.

Mike
    Last edited by rukiddin; 05-05-2007 at 10:46 AM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by ocntscha View Post
    Does your tivo have a route to the internet?, for example from a bash prompt inside your Tivo can you ping www.dealdatabase.com?
    Yes it does.

Quote Originally Posted by ronsch View Post
    Does your firewall at work do address translation to hide your true IP from the internet? Since you have a pw, try removing the host entry and allow anyone who knows the pw.
    It does use translation. I'll try removing the host and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by kdawg View Post
    OK I have a question which I'm sure will have a simple answer I'm overlooking. I just installed the latest version of TWP 070430. I can log in fine with my local network but I can't login from work. I've added my local network and work IP address and changed the username and password but thats it.
    Leave HostsAllow blank, connect via work and look in the tivoweb.log file to check that you do have the correct address for work (it could be that you have multiple proxy servers, or NAT running at work). You can also check for "Authentication Failed" messages in the tivoweb.log file to see what IP address it thinks the client is.

Quote Originally Posted by rukiddin View Post
    Also, are you on a Cablemodem? Most Cable modem ISPs block port 80. You'd need to change your port to access it remotely. (Cable Co's don't want you hosting traditional websites)
    You might have something there. I have Verizon FIOS. I used to have Comcast and I was able to view it then but I just recently switched to Verizon.

Just open the port on your router, and change the config in TWP

Quote Originally Posted by kdawg View Post
    You might have something there. I have Verizon FIOS. I used to have Comcast and I was able to view it then but I just recently switched to Verizon.
    Then all you should have to do is open the port on your router and change the config in TWP to use that port, then access it from your browser at http://ip_address:PORT#

Good luck

Mike

Where do I change the Ip address in the upper left corner (under TivoWebPlus & the version) of the tivo to a specific name for the tivo?

Quote Originally Posted by dizman View Post
    Where do I change the Ip address in the upper left corner (under TivoWebPlus & the version) of the tivo to a specific name for the tivo?
    for display purposes only, you can make those changes to the appropriate line(s) in load.tcl
    Two DSR7000s both at 6.4a/101 from slices; both originally sleepered version 3, then 4.01b, 6.2, 6.2a.
    TWP 2.1, Superpatched, 300GB Seagate in one, 750GB in the other, USB 2 w/ Jamie's backport drivers
    One HR10-250 at 6.4a, networked, Superpatched, stock 250GB drive
    One HR23
    Patiently waiting for a new DirecTV/Tivo
    One AM21 hooked to the HR23

Quote Originally Posted by rukiddin View Post
    Then all you should have to do is open the port on your router and change the config in TWP to use that port, then access it from your browser at http://ip_address:PORT#

Good luck

Mike
    Bingo! Verizon FIOS blocks port 80. Bastards. I knew it was a stupid oversight. But I'm sure I tried another port early on. Perhaps I was rushing and had an oversight on my previous oversight. Anywho....thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by jwciv View Post
    for display purposes only, you can make those changes to the appropriate line(s) in load.tcl
    for TWP 2, it should display the hostname, if available... it only displays the IP if there ISN'T one, IIRC
    Former Tivo Hacker (retired)

Quote Originally Posted by John1980 View Post
    Hmm... Your Temperature Warning Level is also not quite correct... there should be a mark every 25 (so one should appear directly over 100). I am running version 3.1.4 (build 104) of the Widget Engine - Update: which seems to be the latest.
    Actually the latest version is 4.0.2 Build 175
    http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...s/1044907070/2

I found a copy of 3.1.4 build 104 and unistalled 4.0.2 and installed the older version. Once I did this I there was a notch above PC and I was able to use the streaming feature. I then reinstalled 4.0.2 and the notch above pc is gone and streaming does not work.

proposed info.itcl update

I'm not sure if anyone is actively working on info.itcl, but I've made a few changes that has improved the accuracy/usefulness of the space management at least on my HUMAX 7.2.2 test unit. The biggest improvement is determining the TOTAL RESERVED SPACE. Unfortunately the only way I was able to accurately calculate it was from parsing the tclient log, so this will need to be tested on other platforms. I haven't tried it on any additional HW/SW versions. It will need one line changed to run on anything <6.3 (see the notes).

After applying these changes I am now able to account for 99.95% of my disk space and am quickly able to see how much I can record before losing non-suggestions or deleted shows.

Here are my update notes (complete file is attached):
    Code:
    # 20070511 - Fixed regular expression that gets total reserved space.
    # 20070510 - Total Reserve Space calcultations appear to work on S1 and <6.3, so BETA_INFO changed to only control Cheezmo's live cache changes.  
    # 20070503 - Made Cheezmo's fixes apply to any version >6.3, with a fall back to previous functionality (BETA_INFO).  Just set BETA_INFO 0 for old behavior.
    #            BETA_INFO also adds the following:
    #              Added function to determine RESERVED SPACE, as this is never available for recordings to use.  
    #              Changed free space calculations to allow for total reserved space.
    #              Added Type 104 for Total Suggestions.
    #              Added calculations for Estimated Recordable Space:
    #                This shows space/time available before shows are lost ("deleted" and "suggestions" are considered expendable).
    #                Time calculations for recording qualitys were based on bitrates found in showing.itcl.
    # 20070502 - Made several changes to how/when averagebitrate is calculated as it is integral to "Space Summary".
    #              It is now an average bitrate for all recordings on the unit, like it was for hdtivos.
    #              Reserved Space and Live Cache no longer contribute to it.
    #              A default value will be assigned based on defrecquality if no shows are present.
    #            Changed "Total Free - ???" to "Total Free".
    #            Estimated time values now based on averagebitrate of the unit, not averagebitrate of the defrecquality of the unit.
    #            Added flags to indicated estimated time values versus time metadata.
    # 20070501 - Applied updates from Cheezmo's post on 20070124 to fix Live Cache calculations for 6.3.
    Maybe BTUx9 or John1980 can have a look and see if any of the changes are worth incorporating.

Cheezmo, thanks for sharing and I'd be interested to hear how this works on your 6.3.
    Last edited by jkozee; 05-11-2007 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Updated attacment

I got the following error on a Series 1 SA running 3.0 with BETA_INFO set to 1.

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_info_beta '' ''
    syntax error in expression "227913 - (220681216+)/1024"
    while executing
    "expr $usersize - ($tspace+$reservedsize)/1024"
    (procedure "MOD::action_info_beta" line 492)
    invoked from within
    "$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
    (procedure "do_action" line 19)
    invoked from within
    "do_action $action $chan $part $env 1"
    --cut here--