Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus v2.0 Development and Testing

On my Series 1 DTiVo, with BETA_INFO set to zero, the time attributed to the 2688MB for "live cache" with the unit in standby is now 20 minutes instead of 1:03:04, which would seem to be a lot better.

Changing BETA_INFO to 1 on the DTiVo, which is running 3.5b, yields the same results as on the SA.

Quote Originally Posted by ronsch View Post
    Changing BETA_INFO to 1 on the DTiVo, which is running 3.5b, yields the same results as on the SA.
    BETA_INFO should not be 1 unless version >=6.3. Althought it may work on other similar versions like 5.3 or 6.2 with some tweaking.

I don't have an S1 to see how to get at total reserved space or to know what is in the log files. What results do you get from running this at the shell:
    Code:
    cat /var/log/*|grep clipsTotal

Quote Originally Posted by jkozee View Post
    BETA_INFO should not be 1 unless version >=6.3. Althought it may work on other similar versions like 5.3 or 6.2 with some tweaking.

I don't have an S1 to see how to get at total reserved space or to know what is in the log files. What results do you get from running this at the shell:
    Code:
    cat /var/log/*|grep clipsTotal
    May 10 07:26:17 (none) comm[123]: clipsTotalSize: 10000000

The clipsTotalSize is the same on both SA and Combo boxes.

May 10 07:26:17 (none) comm[123]: clipsTotalSize: 10000000
    Looks like the Total Reserved Space calculations should work for older versions. I have updated my previous post with a version that should enable additional functionality on your systems. Feel free to give it a try. You should not need to muck with the BETA_INFO flag, as it now only affects the Live Cache calculations (I assume Live Cache calculations were correct on your HW/SW platform).

On my Series 1 DTiVo, with BETA_INFO set to zero, the time attributed to the 2688MB for "live cache" with the unit in standby is now 20 minutes instead of 1:03:04, which would seem to be a lot better.
    I must have overlooked this post. Actually 1:03 looks correct by my math:
    Code:
    2688MB / (5960000b/s) * (8b/B) * (1024KB/MB) * (1024B/KB) / (60s/min) = 63 minutes
    Let me know how things look after you try the latest version.

Now I get the error with beta_info set either way on the SA series 1. Haven't tried the combo box.

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_info_beta '' ''
    syntax error in expression "227913 - (224293888+)/1024"
    while executing
    "expr $usersize - ($tspace+$reservedsize)/1024"
    (procedure "MOD::action_info_beta" line 492)
    invoked from within
    "$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
    (procedure "do_action" line 19)
    invoked from within
    "do_action $action $chan $part $env 1"
    --cut here--

I'd love to try out the new info module, but I don't see the attachment.

while executing
    It appears that reservedsize is being set to "" on your platform. I'll PM you some code to test to see if we can get to the bottom of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezmo View Post
    I'd love to try out the new info module, but I don't see the attachment.
    It is back now. I was adding code to unset reservedsize if it gets set to "". It seems there is a problem with my logic on S1 v3.0. I'm looking into.

Let me know what you think.

On my HR10-250 (6.3d) the info_beta module is still double counting the live caches. They are listed as both "Expired Invisible" and "Live Cache". As a result "Deleted" is larger than "Total Free" because "Total Used" includes both "Expired Invisible" and "Live Cache". Other than that everything looks the same as my module.

On my HR10-250 (6.3d) the info_beta module is still double counting the live caches. They are listed as both "Expired Invisible" and "Live Cache". As a result "Deleted" is larger than "Total Free" because "Total Used" includes both "Expired Invisible" and "Live Cache". Other than that everything looks the same as my module.
    Check that BETA_INFO is being set to 1. It should be set by this line on your unit.
    Code:
      if {$::version >= 6.3} { set BETA_INFO 1}

Oh yeah. Make sure that you are running http://tivo/info_beta. This is not a direct replacement of info. You should see a new section "Estimated Recordable Space".
    Last edited by jkozee; 05-11-2007 at 11:05 AM.

while executing
    OK, I just posted a new version that should fix this problem. I was just being lazy with my regex. Hopefully this will fix your problem. Let me know how this works.

Quote Originally Posted by John1980 View Post
    Have a look at this mod. You set streaming support under the preferences (right click the big TiVo), and you can stream shows from the lists using the right-click menu. I have tested the PC which uses an http://???.asx url, but am unable to test the Mac - which is configured to use tivo:// url.
    I've done a hack to the 2.0.0 showing.itcl file - which shows a recording's info straight from eg the RSS feed headline, or when you click on alink in "now showing"
    It adds a "Watch" command to the actions and links to the .asx

No idea if this has already been done, or even done right, but please feel free to incorporate in distributions if it's felt useful

[TiVo [p0] /hack/TivoWebPlus/modules]# diff -u showing.tcl.old showing.tcl
    --- showing.tcl.old Fri May 11 18:57:31 2007
    +++ showing.tcl Fri May 11 18:58:28 2007
    @@ -648,6 +648,7 @@
    append actionstr "\n"
    } elseif { $state == 4 } {
    append actionstr [tr "" [td [html_link "/editprogram/$recfsid" "Edit Program"]]]
    + append actionstr [tr "" [td [html_link "/asx/$recfsid.asx" "Watch"]]]
    append actionstr [tr "" [td [html_link "/confirmdelete/1/$recfsid" "Delete Recording"]]]
    append actionstr "\n"
    } elseif { $state == 2 } {

Quote Originally Posted by John1980 View Post
    Have a look at this mod. You set streaming support under the preferences (right click the big TiVo), and you can stream shows from the lists using the right-click menu. I have tested the PC which uses an http://???.asx url, but am unable to test the Mac - which is configured to use tivo:// url.

John,

If you get a chance, can you install the latest yahoo widget engine and see if the streaming video works for you? Here is the link: http://widgets.yahoo.com/upgrade/

Thanks,
    Danny
    Last edited by deutsch1; 05-11-2007 at 04:44 PM. Reason: typo