Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus v2.0 Development and Testing

Quote Originally Posted by jkozee View Post
    OK, I just posted a new version that should fix this problem. I was just being lazy with my regex. Hopefully this will fix your problem. Let me know how this works.
    Sorry. Still getting the error with beta_info set either way. Anything else I can send you to help figure it out?

Quote Originally Posted by ronsch View Post
    Sorry. Still getting the error with beta_info set either way. Anything else I can send you to help figure it out?
    Lets take to PM and see if we can get this worked out.

Sorry for double posts
    Last edited by helpdeskdan; 05-13-2007 at 06:02 PM.

ronsch - has your tivo been stable after the eventbugswitcher fix? Mine locked up the other day, hence I would have to say it neither hurt nor helped. Perhaps there are more scripts in twp 2.0. I'm considering downgrading to a version that had no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by helpdeskdan View Post
    ronsch - has your tivo been stable after the eventbugswitcher fix? Mine locked up the other day, hence I would have to say it neither hurt nor helped. Perhaps there are more scripts in twp 2.0. I'm considering downgrading to a version that had no problems.
    Actually, I've had problems as well but I can't lay them at TWPs doorstep. First, I deleted a recording that was two or three years old and subsequently had reboots. I suspect some aged sectors in that space.

The other day I deleted several programs at once, something which has caused instability in the past, and sure enough the TiVo stopped responding to the remote and had to be rebooted via a telnet session. Whether or not this particular problem is related to the presence of TWP, I can't say. I'm sure that Tivo would say that you should be able to delete as many programs as you want when you want without it causing a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by deutsch1 View Post
    If you get a chance, can you install the latest yahoo widget engine and see if the streaming video works for you? Here is the link: http://widgets.yahoo.com/upgrade/
    You could try the attached. I have recently replaced the computer and am still rebuilding/setting it up, so this is currently untested.

Am I losing my mind?

didn't TWP previously show information for both tuners when you clicked the "Info Various Info about your Tivo" menu choice? Of am I losing my mind
    Two DSR7000s both at 6.4a/101 from slices; both originally sleepered version 3, then 4.01b, 6.2, 6.2a.
    TWP 2.1, Superpatched, 300GB Seagate in one, 750GB in the other, USB 2 w/ Jamie's backport drivers
    One HR10-250 at 6.4a, networked, Superpatched, stock 250GB drive
    One HR23
    Patiently waiting for a new DirecTV/Tivo
    One AM21 hooked to the HR23

only if one or both tuners are recording... if both are buffering live tv, then it's not possible (so far as we know) to get info on both tuners from a tivosh script (like TWP)
    Former Tivo Hacker (retired)

Quote Originally Posted by BTUxNine View Post
    only if one or both tuners are recording... if both are buffering live tv, then it's not possible (so far as we know) to get info on both tuners from a tivosh script (like TWP)
    ahh, got it, thanks for all your work on this program!
    Two DSR7000s both at 6.4a/101 from slices; both originally sleepered version 3, then 4.01b, 6.2, 6.2a.
    TWP 2.1, Superpatched, 300GB Seagate in one, 750GB in the other, USB 2 w/ Jamie's backport drivers
    One HR10-250 at 6.4a, networked, Superpatched, stock 250GB drive
    One HR23
    Patiently waiting for a new DirecTV/Tivo
    One AM21 hooked to the HR23

Perfect Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by John1980 View Post
    You could try the attached. I have recently replaced the computer and am still rebuilding/setting it up, so this is currently untested.
    This works perfect thanks!

The tick shows up for PC now when enabling streaming support on the latest yahoo widget engine. Nice! I really appreciate it. Couldn't resist making a wish list:
    Ability to delete season passes
    Option to disable remote control
    When you double click temperature meter it goes to the info page not main page
    An option to search for recordings

Danny

Admit I've been lurking moreso than not of late, but good to see this continue.

Glad my suggested change to info.itcl became revision 1.14, still working on my mfssplit leveraging addin to denote what recording exists on which HD for paired drive systems

File access

How is simultaneous file access handled? In other words, if the Tivo is trying to write to a log file that was already opened by Tivoweb, does it queue the requests?

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    How is simultaneous file access handled? In other words, if the Tivo is trying to write to a log file that was already opened by Tivoweb, does it queue the requests?
    TivoWeb would only be opening the file for reading, so it would not block a write lock. Having said that, I doubt that file locking is being performed in either case. If two applications write to the same file at the same time then the last one to issue the write will win

It also depends on the application. Modern UNIX/Linux kernels have an option for a file to be opened in "append" mode, which guarantees that any write will go at the end of the file, even if two applications have the file open for "append" at the same time. The kernel will guarantee that individual write calls from each application are not intermixed.

I am running Version 2.0.0 (oztivo-070518) with Software System: 6.2a-01-2-351. When I am on the "Reprioritize" screen of Season Pass, the pull downs for each listing is too narrow so that the "downarrow" icon covers up the number behind it. I noticed this issue in distribution oztivo-070430 and had hoped it would resolve itself in oztivo-070518. Anyone have an idea how to fix this so I can view the priority number when I select a pulldown?