Thread: Fast Forwarding with the HR20-700

Hybrid View

Fast Forwarding with the HR20-700

Ok, I have a question. I just got a new HR20-700, downloaded the new updates, and started muddling through getting used to a new OS. I am trying to get the remote to sort of behave the same as my HR10-250.

When you Fast Forward the HR10-250 and then press play, it jumps back a few seconds. My HR20-700 doesn't. Is there any way to get the HR20-700 to exhibit the same behavior?

Cheers!

Not at this time -- that's one of the Tivo patents.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

For now hit skip back once after you FF..

I figured as much... That's going to take some getting used to.

I experienced my first "lockup" this morning. I have all the latest downloads, but for some reason, I didn't have a picture. When I changed the channel the info would display on the screen but not the picture. I ended up pulling the power cord and rebooting the unit to get my picture back. Anyone else experiencing similar behavior?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by HisKid View Post
    I figured as much... That's going to take some getting used to.

I experienced my first "lockup" this morning. I have all the latest downloads, but for some reason, I didn't have a picture. When I changed the channel the info would display on the screen but not the picture. I ended up pulling the power cord and rebooting the unit to get my picture back. Anyone else experiencing similar behavior?

Cheers!
    After a software update you should reset the HR20 so it
    boots up clean!

Any way to skip ahead to the next 'tick' ie 15 minutes or so. Like my old HR10-250 did?

On a 2 hour movie, it takes a LONG time to fast forward at (#4) to get to near the end of the movie. UGGH.

airf00, you hold down the FF button for at least 3 seconds then hit it again.

Quote Originally Posted by beljah View Post
    airf00, you hold down the FF button for at least 3 seconds then hit it again.
    Thanks, I later found a post on hints and tips. Thanks