Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 6.2a slices now in the stream

6.2a slices now in the stream

6.2a slices appeared in the stream this morning.

Here's a list of files that have changed. The patch locations within tivoapp appear to have moved.

Code:
    /bin/ntpdate
    /lib/libc.so.6
    /lib/libhpkoss.so
    /lib/libperfdb.so
    /lib/libtmk.so
    /lib/libtvutil.so
    /tvbin/atscapp
    /tvbin/bf
    /tvbin/blinkleds
    /tvbin/checkpanic-asic
    /tvbin/crypto
    /tvbin/dssapp
    /tvbin/dssapp-sniffer
    /tvbin/dssappAV
    /tvbin/dssappAV-sniffer
    /tvbin/fancontrol
    /tvbin/HpkPlatform
    /tvbin/http_get
    /tvbin/http_post
    /tvbin/keydump
    /tvbin/modemtype
    /tvbin/osdwriter
    /tvbin/settime
    /tvbin/tclient_post
    /tvbin/text2osd
    /tvbin/ticket
    /tvbin/tivoapp
    Last edited by HiDefHusker; 02-23-2007 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Removed symlinks from list of changed files

Looks like lots of changes between 6.2 and 6.2a. Has anyone forced the update to see what else has changed? Does MRV still work?

Quote Originally Posted by jaserlet View Post
    Looks like lots of changes between 6.2 and 6.2a. Has anyone forced the update to see what else has changed? Does MRV still work?
    I forced the update. All of the tivoapp patch locations have changed, so MRV isn't working at the moment. Hoping the gurus have new patches soon. :-)

I have forgotten did you just modify installsw and run it or did you have to do the swap partition manually

waiting for
    superpatch
    setmrvname
    bufferhack

b4 I proceed thanks for being the guineepig

any improvements

so now that you have the 6.2a has D* made any improvments to the O/S?
    5 Hughes Dtivo all running 6.2 and hacked

Can you view your saved shows, if you saved them unencrypted, that is with the encryption tivoapp patch applied?
    Last edited by ciucca; 02-21-2007 at 04:12 PM.

Yes, you can.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Does add63.tcl work on 6.2 or is there an equivalent?

Sure would be nice if we knew where the timezone info was so we could patch it ourselfs without having to upgrade to 6.2a.

Smee

Darnit, it looks like 6.2a is evantually going to be a must have. I was reading in another forum that 6.2a also resolves some guide data issues that many folks experienced in the middle if December 2006. DirecTV changed the guide data, possibly to accomodate their new receivers, and it was causing Dtivos to spontanously reboot, drop season passes, drop todo items, drop whishlists, etc. DirecTV switched the guide data back to the way it was before middle of December, as a temporary fix, but plan to switch it back on eventually. Aaaarrghh.

Smee

Just checked "mfs_ls /SwSystem" and the slices are not on my tivo yet. If and when I do get them, I think I'll just wait until the dust settles and not have to go through an a,b,c,d,e, etc. upgrade like on the HR10-250. D*TV just can't get it right the first time so might as well wait....

re: changed files... Not quite as bad as it looks, 26 of those files are symlinks to tivoapp
    Still, it's quite a big change to make with so little time for beta testing

Still, this worries me. At least with 6.3, the changes did't seem to be so big that a new superpatch was required. In this one, I wonder what could have changed that there are some 56 changed files. Well, actaully 20 files since 26 of them are symlinks. Still, even the crypto location seems to have changed. Hopefully they did't try removing MRV and such, I'll be ticked off.

Smee

Script to pull down the slices attached

Quote Originally Posted by Smee View Post
    Still, this worries me. At least with 6.3, the changes did't seem to be so big that a new superpatch was required. In this one, I wonder what could have changed that there are some 56 changed files. Well, actaully 20 files since 26 of them are symlinks. Still, even the crypto location seems to have changed. Hopefully they did't try removing MRV and such, I'll be ticked off.

Smee
    Same here, MRV and HMO are the best features (IMHO). I don't need HME.
    Does anyone have a definitive answer on if MRV and HMO code remains present in 6.2a?
    (If it weren't for that damn new Program Guide data stream, I wouldn't care and stay with 6.2)
    Last edited by skinnyJM; 02-22-2007 at 10:07 PM. Reason: damn Program Guide data issue :)
    Thank You to everyone here at DDB for all your hard work and assistance. I have learned much.