Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fakecall on 6.3a for inital call... No go?

15 Fakecall on 6.3a for inital call... No go?

Well, the saga continues. I managed to fix my "dead" HR-10 by doing a C&DE and now the cardslot is working perfectly again. Only problem is, I can't get past the stupid initial call nag screen, so even tho it tells me that I have an "account in good standing" the dang box won't let me use it.

transferred over the current version of tivotools, and the fakecall that's in there doesn't work for the initial call. HELP!

I'm waiting on a box from Dave for the hated HR20 right now, and I only have a couple days to get this fixed before I'm without any means of recording at all. I can't even let it call in even if I wanted to, as I only have a cell phone. Please help, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by geordi View Post
    Well, the saga continues. I managed to fix my "dead" HR-10 by doing a C&DE and now the cardslot is working perfectly again. Only problem is, I can't get past the stupid initial call nag screen, so even tho it tells me that I have an "account in good standing" the dang box won't let me use it.

transferred over the current version of tivotools, and the fakecall that's in there doesn't work for the initial call. HELP!

I'm waiting on a box from Dave for the hated HR20 right now, and I only have a couple days to get this fixed before I'm without any means of recording at all. I can't even let it call in even if I wanted to, as I only have a cell phone. Please help, thanks!
    Yep, fakecall cannot handle this problem at the moment (also a problem with 6.2). Best advice is to have someone with a fully "activated" box send you their mfs listings for:

/State/GeneralConfig
    /State/PhoneConfig
    /State/ServiceConfig

Compare those to your values and see what is missing/different.

Well, that sounds great... except I have no idea how to do that.
    I'm a total neophyte on browsing through the MFS, any hints how I can view / change that stuff?
    Last edited by geordi; 02-19-2007 at 07:10 PM.

Browsing through MFS is easy with TivoWebPlus. As for writing, take a look at the guts of the fakecall script and see how it changes values in MFS, and hack it to taste...
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

Ok, I've started mucking about with the fakecall script, but what I'm discovering is that it is NOT posting changes to wherever the system information screen is pulling its status from. The last call TIME will update to whenever I have run the script, but the last status will always show failed. could not connect.

Where is that loaded?

The call status on the System Information screen updated when I rebooted... But STILL it wants me to do these hated "final setup steps" and the "test call"
    to the mothership. ARRRRGGGGG!!!!!

I feel like I'm SO close, but just don't have any idea where to go next. WHY did they have to put this stupid "feature" in it? Didn't they realize that some people would not have phones to use at all?

There has to be some sort of bypass for this, besides hacking.

You could try the setupcomplete script here; I've used it on SA S2's and its worked for me.
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

Quote Originally Posted by ScanMan View Post
    You could try the setupcomplete script here; I've used it on SA S2's and its worked for me.
    This just sets the 'Complete' value to 7..Fakecall already incorporates that, so it won't change anything.

Yea... And I already found that one. Unfortunately, there is no "complete" value for it to set to 7... So the script fails out. I tried setting the service indicator that WAS in that group to 7 from the 3 it was set at... no change.

Grab the older version of AW's tools and replace your current version of fakecall with the older one. It'll work fine.

That sounds great... But the older version in AW's thread just errors out. I'll post the error a bit later, but I remember seeing modification directions floating around, but haven't yet found them again with the search. Any help on the mods? It wasn't the line that includes "catch junk" b/c I've already seen that line in the script. I'll keep searching.

Not that I'm crazy about Instantcake or any of that, but do their backup versions have this same problem with the "initial test call" nonsense? One possible option for me is to re-load my original 3.1.5f image, and then re-slice it back to 6.3c... But I REALLY don't want to do that, since the original upgrade started all my problems. (like somehow the upgrade caused the system to lose contact with the cardslot... Causing me to call Dave and start a VERY long story, hopefully ending with my return of the evil HR20)

I don't want to do that again, especially since my HR10 is about to be my ONLY method of watching television other than downloading it.

Ok, the specific error is:

Code:
    fakecall failed, code=(invalid attribute: Complete)
    because there is no "Complete" attribute in MFS under /State/GeneralConfig
    for it to update. Help?

Ok, I was FINALLY able to force it to do a test via the internet, and it will be getting unplugged from the network as soon as all this happy horsepoop is done. I've un-done the export debug_board line and rebooted again, but I want to be absolutely sure that it never contacts the mothership again.

BUT.... Me/ is happy now, and here are the changes I am finding in MFS for posterity. Please feel free to add them to your own copies of FakeCall, crediting Geordi in a comment line if you decide to distribute.

Under /State/GeneralConfig:
    update "Configured" from "1" to "1 257" Yes, that is a space in there.

Under /State/Service/Config:

Lots of stuff different here, this is my current list, I'm actually not sure what is different, b/c there is a lot more than before and I forgot to copy the original.
    Code:
     Version        = 75
      SequenceCookie = {TIME=1172001363 KEY=135 IDS=us HASH=076---REMOVED-lots-of-numbers---80}
      DataGroupList  = BS_standard BS_standard_357 CP_Standard CR_Standard MI_Standard SF_IntersilDownload SF_SerialLogging SI_TvSec SW_released
      SwSystemName   = none
      DataGroupIntList = 6 29 68173 68172
      CalypsoUrl     = http://204.176.49.116:8000
      CdsUrl         = https://204.176.49.65:8087/cds/
      TrioMindUrl    = {}
      LastCallId     = 1172001456
      ServiceStateExpiration = 1172534400
      ServiceState   = 3
      IndexPath      = /State/ServiceConfig
    Under /State/PhoneConfig:
    Looks like the Fakecall info, nothing especially different here. Looks like this is just related to the actual call out, and not to the "test call" that the system insists on doing to let you record stuff. Stupid system.
    Last edited by geordi; 02-20-2007 at 03:21 PM.

Not sure if you have found the networks with your work but the following will block the tivo from contacting home:

route add -host 204.176.49.2 gw 127.0.0.1
    route add -net 204.176.49.0 gw 127.0.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0

That's ok, I see the specific IP block on the info from State/Service/Config, and I can just trash that IP on my router. But I've already seen that it can't dial out anymore, as it has already tried twice and failed.

Might have something to do with my removing the debug_board=true and re-setting it as false... Then removing the .#401 prefix code from the dialling directions. Kinda hard to internet dial when the box doesn't know about the internet anymore.