Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: Full Service PROM Modification

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dylan View Post
    Is there any reason to think I am better off with a new s3 as opposed to one of the earlier ones? Tivo is offering to swap out my early s3 for a new one to address a very esoteric, limited, minor problem. But my research indicates a new one (newer firmware) will have no impact on the specific problem.

So, should I just have the PROM modification done on an my original s3, or do the swap first?
    For what it's worth I just cracked open a brand new S3 and all the hardware and appears to be identical. I'm not sure what kind of update they could have made to it, or how it would even be apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Omikron View Post
    I'm glad to hear that! Good luck!
    I'd like to get a 2nd TiVo 649 prom replacement. The other one that you did earlier in the year has been working great.

PS: is there a repeat customer discount?

I finally got some time to work on the 2nd 649 TiVo.

This one works just as good as the first. Very professional job, fast turn around, fast shipping.

Smile Great service!

I must say that Omikron offers a very valuable and professional service. Quick turnaround and perfect functionality on 3 DT's. Thank You.

This is a reminder to anyone sending in their TiVo anytime soon that I will be unavailable for contact or service between July 31st and August 8th. During this time, I may not reply to any emails or PM's. Any TiVo unit's received on or before July 25th are guaranteed to go out before I leave. Any paid orders for PROM's placed up to July 30th are also guaranteed to go out before I leave.

All that aside, average turn time is still about 1 business day for most units, but in rare cases up to 3.

Again, this is the last chance to get a full PROM mod completed before my hiatus. For some reason every time I go on a break, I inevitably get someone jamming my PM Inbox full of "WHY AREN'T YOU RESPONDING!?!?111" messages.

prom for r10

Hi, I would like to send my r10 (series 2.5) unit to you for a prom mod, do you do those?

Do you do the HR10-250?

Thanks,
    Dogbreath

Quote Originally Posted by dogbreath View Post
    Do you do the HR10-250?

Thanks,
    Dogbreath
    That one doesn't require a prom hack.

As of tonight I am able to provide PROM chips for TiVoHD units.

I'm a NEWBIE I have a series2 TIVO TCD540080
    SOFTWARE VERSION 7.2.0a-oth-01-2-540
    540-0001-D066-93DA
    Service level G: 082107

Is this hackable without replacing the prom?

Quote Originally Posted by hank66 View Post
    I'm a NEWBIE I have a series2 TIVO TCD540080
    did you try a search? i did, and using your exact model, i found the info within the first ten hits.

edited to add: you also shouldn't ask the same question in multiple forums/threads

ronny

Yes I did but am confused, I keep hearing about killhdinitrd-0.9.3. I take it this still requires the prom upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by hank66 View Post
    I take it this still requires the prom upgrade?
    yes, it does

ronny

Thanks for your input. I returned the Tivo and found the Polaroid and Philips units that will work and they have the NTSC, ATSC tuners.