Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: Full Service PROM Modification

I got my TiVoHD back from you today. Nice work! Thanks again.

Any estimates on when you are going to have serial port kits available for the TiVoHD?

Quote Originally Posted by StanSimmons View Post
    I got my TiVoHD back from you today. Nice work! Thanks again.

Any estimates on when you are going to have serial port kits available for the TiVoHD?
    Sort of. I've hand-built about 10 more units using some proto-board, although I haven't finished crimping and cutting all of the connectors yet. They should be ready before the next PROM Day and I'll post a picture of how terrible they look along with price once they're done.

I never would have even thought about wanting a serial port on my S3. Is the desire for the serial port so that hacking can be easier , to bypass firewalls, routers, etc and be able to talk directly to the unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich View Post
    I never would have even thought about wanting a serial port on my S3. Is the desire for the serial port so that hacking can be easier , to bypass firewalls, routers, etc and be able to talk directly to the unit?
    The serial port can be an invaluable tool in diagnosing a non-booting TiVo, as you can monitor the console for any error messages and address them accordingly. Otherwise, you will find yourself guessing quite often.

- Omikron -

I sent you a pm. Thank you

As of this moment I will be mostly unavailable until I return from ShmooCon on Tuesday. If I haven't gotten back to anyone's PM's, it's because I've been working 14 hour days over the past week and this great big mountain of work I have before me has pushed things past the tipping point.

Rest assured I will reply to all emails and PM's as soon as I can.

- Omikron -

I sent you a pm. Thank you

As a note to everyone who's sent me a PM:

I've been fairly ill over the past week and have been unable to keep up with both work and DDB. It is not intentional, and I'm NOT trying to ignore everyone.

I'm trying my very best to get rid of the current backlog. Once I do, the next PROM day will probably not be until sometime in late March.

Edit: Looks like I typed "I'm trying to ignore everyone" instead of "I'm not trying to ignore everyone". Corrected!
    Last edited by Omikron; 02-29-2008 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Oops!

Quote Originally Posted by Omikron View Post

I've been fairly ill over the past week and have been unable to keep up with both work and DDB. It is not intentional, and I'm trying to ignore everyone.

I'm trying my very best to get rid of the current backlog. Once I do, the next PROM day will probably not be until sometime in late March.
    Hope you don't have the crud that's been going around here... That stuff is vicious.

I've been fairly ill over the past week and have been unable to keep up with both work and DDB.
    Omikron,

My family just recovered from stomach flu so I know how bad it can get.

Don't worry about DDB orders. We can wait. Get well soon.

Hacker007

I've been fairly ill over the past week and have been unable to keep up with both work and DDB. It is not intentional, and I'm NOT trying to ignore everyone.

Edit: Looks like I typed "I'm trying to ignore everyone" instead of "I'm not trying to ignore everyone". Corrected!
    Correction...I'm NOT trying to ignore everyone...

Do you sell the modded PROM by itself? I'm comfortable with removing and installing the PROM in my tivo but I don't have the equipment to flash it.

I'm looking for a modded PROM for the TCD649080.

DIY prom kit, $11. See first post.

No Kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
    Hope you don't have the crud that's been going around here... That stuff is vicious.
    I can attest to that!

Omikron,

I'm sure feeling bad has put you even further behind, and if you're not feeling better yet and on the way to being caught up, then ignore this. Otherwise, do you have any idea of when the TiVo HD serial converters are going to be available?
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

Omikron,

I tried to send you a PM but your box is full.

I'd like to get a DIY kit for tivo TCD649080.

You can PM me with a payment link or let me know what to do next.

Thanks.