Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: Full Service PROM Modification

Quote Originally Posted by Omikron View Post
    I will probably continue to offer DIY PROM kits
    Hi Omikron,

We all appreciate the great service you have provided to this community. Please try and keep the DIY PROM kits service alive. Without those the hurdle for new TiVo hackers might be too huge to mount.

All the best.

Hacker

Sent payment, looking forward to getting my Tivo Prom'd!

Last call! ;-)
    .-=Omikron=-.

TiVo Series4 Premiere Development HERE

Do you have a PROM related question? Check HERE and HERE before sending me a PM. Any questions that have already been answered will be deleted if sent via PM.

The next and very likely last PROM date for the time being is now set for May 30th.Moving forward I am dealing with an ever-increasing workload and am dealing with too many projects that require more and more of my time.
    Believe me I understand how that goes. I think I speak for everyone who has made use of your service in the past in saying we really do appreciate your hard work and the valuable service you provide, irate and desperate PMs notwithstanding.

I certainly do hope you will find the time to at least occasionally service additional PROMs. Of course, I am biased, since I have two TiVos I need to have modified but cannot at this time afford to have serviced, not to mention the fact there's no way I could make the present PROM day even if I did.

Although I will probably continue to offer DIY PROM kits here and there, the service is putting a strain on some of my projects. As a result, fear that I may not have time to do any more PROM days for at least a few more months.
    Months I can handle, and I suggest everyone else out there who is considering having a PROM mod done take a breath and recognize the limits under which you are operating. I certainly hope it won't be the very last, however, as I really, really want to have my other TiVos modified.

Time permitting, I may be able to fit in one or two more days before Fall but for now this will have to do.
    Pretty please, with sugar and cream?
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

Quote Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
    Believe me I understand how that goes. I think I speak for everyone who has made use of your service in the past in saying we really do appreciate your hard work and the valuable service you provide, irate and desperate PMs notwithstanding.

I certainly do hope you will find the time to at least occasionally service additional PROMs. Of course, I am biased, since I have two TiVos I need to have modified but cannot at this time afford to have serviced, not to mention the fact there's no way I could make the present PROM day even if I did.

Months I can handle, and I suggest everyone else out there who is considering having a PROM mod done take a breath and recognize the limits under which you are operating. I certainly hope it won't be the very last, however, as I really, really want to have my other TiVos modified.

Pretty please, with sugar and cream?
    Thanks for the support. I'll do what I can to fit a few in during the summer months, but I wanted to make sure that the expectation wasn't mis-managed. I would hate to tell people that I'm going to have them twice a month and then keep canceling them.
    .-=Omikron=-.

Do you have a PROM related question? Check HERE and HERE before sending me a PM. Any questions that have already been answered will be deleted if sent via PM.

I for one have held off because it's tough to give up my Tivo during the Season. LOST has a 2 hour season finale on Thursday. And most everything else has ended or is ending. Weird season thanks to the writer's strike. I'd send it to you over the summer for sure.

I'll echo the PP sentiments. I didn't want to give up my tivo prior to the finale of Lost and would prefer not to give it up once the fall season begins.

I understand you have other things on your plate. It might be helpful if you could schedule at least one PROM day during the summer.

I don't know where you work but is it possible you have a co-worker you could pay when you have more units then available time? If not do you have someone you could pay to open up the boxes, remove whatever has to be removed so all you do is solder?

I think it might be nice to have a hacked box, although a lot of what I needed a hack DTivo box for is included with my Tivo HD. Online scheduling works. I can transfer almost any show to my PC and archive to DVD or transfer it back to my tivo.

I'd probably have my PROM changed for possible "future" use but having used my unhacked unit for a few months I don't think hacking it is as important as hacking my previous DTivo units.

If anyone had sent me a PM regarding DIY kits before the deadline, know that I am responding to all inquiries this week. I am still a bit backed up.
    .-=Omikron=-.

Well, I am ready to have 2 TivoHD's done whenever you have another PROM day.

I also needed to catch up on shows beofre summer reruns.

My apologies to anyone still waiting for a reply. As many you have already seen on the news, Iowa has been dealing with massive state-wide flooding over the past week and I have been unable to allocate any time to finish up stuff here on DDB. Once things stabilize I will catch up in short order.
    .-=Omikron=-.

All PM's have been replied to, and all invoices for DIY requests have been sent. A Summer PROM day is being considered for the first week of July. If I get enough of a response, then I will try to fit it in.

If interested, please follow the normal procedure for requesting service.
    .-=Omikron=-.

Well, it looks like none of the people who were begging me via PM for another PROM day have responded. If by some magic I get a bunch within the next day or two, I'll squeeze in a service day the first week of July. Otherwise, we're looking at late August or Fall.

Anyone who has already paid for a DIY kit is not affected by this. Those will ship within a day or two.
    .-=Omikron=-.

thanks again.. my 2 units are working fine..

Hey Omikron, I'm guessing 1st week of July Prom Day isn't happening?

Quote Originally Posted by shortkud View Post
    Hey Omikron, I'm guessing 1st week of July Prom Day isn't happening?
    It doesn't look like it. As many inquiries as I had over the past few weeks, only about 2 of them actually got back to me.

For now, I'll move it to the second weekend of July to give people a bit more time. If that doesn't help, then I'll probably just end up canceling completely.

Sorry. :-/
    .-=Omikron=-.