Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: Full Service PROM Modification

Sorry for the delay everyone. I'm emailing out all of the UPS labels tonight.

Everyone should have received labels by tomorrow morning. If you haven't, please do not hesitate to call me at the phone number I left in your PayPal invoice.
    .-=Omikron=-.

TiVo Series4 Premiere Development HERE

Do you have a PROM related question? Check HERE and HERE before sending me a PM. Any questions that have already been answered will be deleted if sent via PM.

Got the DIY PROM Kit and Series3 Serial Jack. Fast ship. The cable looks sweet and the little sticker is a plus. Thank you.
    EDIT: prom works like a charm
    Last edited by Offspring2099; 02-10-2009 at 01:13 AM.
    S3 / TCD648250b - Socketed
    Audio out of sync

The DIY Kit / 13 dollars... Would this be all I needed to do up a TCD540040 TIVO Box? Or do I need to flash the Prom first? or is it already flashed and ready for me to just take out the ole PROM and pop in the new one? I'm new and I'm eager to get my TIVO setup w/ all of these cool homebrew apps!

Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by Blob View Post
    The DIY Kit / 13 dollars... Would this be all I needed to do up a TCD540040 TIVO Box? Or do I need to flash the Prom first? or is it already flashed and ready for me to just take out the ole PROM and pop in the new one? I'm new and I'm eager to get my TIVO setup w/ all of these cool homebrew apps!

Thx!
    The PROM comes ready for installation. There's no additional flashing that needs to be done.
    .-=Omikron=-.

Do you have a PROM related question? Check HERE and HERE before sending me a PM. Any questions that have already been answered will be deleted if sent via PM.

It looks like I'll be working on 10 TiVo's for Valentine's Day. Hopefully that takes care of the backlog for a while. If there's enough demand for it, I may do another PROM day within the next few weeks. Otherwise, it might be a while. ;-)
    .-=Omikron=-.

My brother wants to upgrade from his PROM'd S2DT to a PROM'd TiVoHD.

I'll be watching for the next PROM day.

Figures I stop checking very often and what happens..
    Missed prom day again...

Wish I could get an auto notify when Omikron activates a prom day..
    Hmm but if i had a wish, i should use it to wish for an prom'd unit

Quote Originally Posted by Bilboz View Post
    ...Wish I could get an auto notify when Omikron activates a prom day...
    subscribe to the thread
    Two DSR7000s both at 6.4a/101 from slices; both originally sleepered version 3, then 4.01b, 6.2, 6.2a.
    TWP 2.1, Superpatched, 300GB Seagate in one, 750GB in the other, USB 2 w/ Jamie's backport drivers
    One HR10-250 at 6.4a, networked, Superpatched, stock 250GB drive
    One HR23
    Patiently waiting for a new DirecTV/Tivo
    One AM21 hooked to the HR23

I hate to post this info but..
    I didn't know there was a "subscribe to the thread" tool

Just dont tell my wife.. she will mock me on it
    Thanks jwciv

I'm setting my next PROM day for March 7th.

Since there appears to be another DDB member ready to start offering this service to the community, this may be one of my last PROM days. Unless something convinces me otherwise, I will not be reordering supplies and will cease rework services once my current inventory is depleted.

If my new design for a TiVo HD TTL adapter works out well, then I may continue making those. Otherwise, I might be out the community for a while. ;-)
    Last edited by Omikron; 02-21-2009 at 03:51 AM.
    .-=Omikron=-.

Quote Originally Posted by Omikron View Post
    If my new design for a TiVo HD TTL adapter works out well, then I may continue making those.
    Excuse the newbie question, but what does the Tivo HD TTL adapter do for you? I don't know exactly what the serial connection is for. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by garrubal View Post
    Excuse the newbie question, but what does the Tivo HD TTL adapter do for you? I don't know exactly what the serial connection is for. Thanks!
    The serial console connection allows you to do some basic debugging of a hacked unit if one of your hacks blows up in your face and you lose network access.

If you need more info about it though, I would strongly reccommend searching the forum for "serial console".
    .-=Omikron=-.

Since there appears to be another DDB member ready to start offering this service to the community, this may be one of my last PROM days. Unless something convinces me otherwise, I will not be reordering supplies and will cease rework services once my current inventory is depleted.

If my new design for a TiVo HD TTL adapter works out well, then I may continue making those. Otherwise, I might be out the community for a while. ;-)
    If it's the member I think it is, that person charges far more than you do, so this would be a shame.

But, hey, you gotta do what you gotta do - real life and all that

While I haven't been able to take advantage of it (I haven't made the switch to HD and won't be anytime soon), I appreciate that you made this service available.
    1 RCA DVR80 (RID + 6.2a on 500GB)
    1 Samsung SIR-4080R (RID + 6.2a on 500GB)

It looks like I'll be working on 10 TiVo's for Valentine's Day. Hopefully that takes care of the backlog for a while. If there's enough demand for it, I may do another PROM day within the next few weeks. Otherwise, it might be a while. ;-)
    Once again, great work! My TiVoHD is working like a champ. Thanks.

Can't wait.. mine will soon be warmed and cooled with a new socketed prom.

Early Thanks Omikron