Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: Full Service PROM Modification

Any Upcoming Prom Days?

Hello,

Do you have any upcoming PROM days? Thanks!

Hello,

Hopefully you are away for the holiday. Please let me know when the next PROM day is. Thanks and Happy New Year.

Howdy All! I've finally got a new lab set up at home so I don't have to set up and tear down equipment all the time! Photos will be coming soon. ;-)

Not only will I be resuming rework service, I may soon change the shipping schedule to a format that is more flexible for others.

In the mean time, if you want PROM service, simply use the normal rework link in the first post and once I receive your TiVo I will have it done and shipped back to you within 3 business days.
    .-=Omikron=-.

TiVo Series4 Premiere Development HERE

Do you have a PROM related question? Check HERE and HERE before sending me a PM. Any questions that have already been answered will be deleted if sent via PM.

So just send it in anytime or is there a Jan 2012 date? Because I have another Tivo HD I just bought...

Yep! Just send it in any time!
    .-=Omikron=-.

Do you have a PROM related question? Check HERE and HERE before sending me a PM. Any questions that have already been answered will be deleted if sent via PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omikron View Post
    Yep! Just send it in any time!
    Wow, you are awesome! I had just come to the site to check for the latest PROM date since I always seem to miss them. Shipping mine out on Monday.

I finally got around to installing the PROM that I bought from Omikron probably six months or so ago. Whole process went reasonably well. I used buechel's post here, http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...863#post276863

Seemed to go well, and things generally seem to be working, but I have a few questions because some things were a little weird after installing and re-connecting.

Overall Desc:
    The TiVo seemed to re-boot a couple of times as it first started up again (it never completed in-between). Then, though, it finally came up normally. The Video On Demand menu didn't work at all though, so I re-booted, and it asked me to Connect to the TiVo service since it said I hadn't connected in weeks. Which I did. Then, VOD seemed to work again. But I rebooted again, and then VOD didn't work, but this time, gave me an error indicating that I needed to re-connect for it to work. So I connected again, and then VOD worked. I rebooted a third time, and this time VOD seemed fine, even without re-connecting.

So my questions:

1. I recall a post somewhere, but I can't find it, that suggests that if it boots at all, the PROM is installed/working fine-- am I remembering that correctly? I couldn't find the post, but that's what I recall.

2. Could the issue with VOD have something to do with taking the battery out during the process? I thought that'd be a good idea to completely remove power. Or, coul dmy CR2032 backup battery be dead, potentially?

Any thoughts from others would be awesome.

Omikron: If you are around, you have both a PM and an email from me waiting for a reply. You're my only hope!

Is there a tentitive date for the next prom day? Thanks!

I apologize ahead of time if this is a pestering post. Since Omikron hasn't posted since January, I just wanted to check if this service is still being offered.

Thanks

It is, I've just been so swamped over the past few weeks with several major projects that everything has coincided. Although I haven't been posting, I've still been replying to PM's, Emails, and performing work. :-)
    .-=Omikron=-.

Omikron, I sent you payment May 5th for a DIY PROM. Nothing received yet. I've PM'd twice. I haven't heard from you via email or PM since payment. You still swamped? You still taking orders?

Quote Originally Posted by evg View Post
    Omikron, I sent you payment May 5th for a DIY PROM. Nothing received yet. I've PM'd twice. I haven't heard from you via email or PM since payment. You still swamped? You still taking orders?
    Hey evg,

I did receive your order but unfortunately it caught me right before a major trip to Poland (where I currently am). I thought I had already replied to everyone, but clearly I did not.

I'll be back around the first week of June. If this is workable, I'll get it out then. Otherwise, let me know and I'll process a refund for you and you can re-order when I return.

My apologies to all who were victims of my tardy communications recently.
    .-=Omikron=-.

Second week of June will be fine. Thanks for the Reply.

Omikron, Can you notify me via paypal or here when the kit has been sent?
    Thanks