Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: Full Service PROM Modification

Omikron,
    40 days in, still no kit and paypal showing not shipped. My 45day paypal dispute window is about to shut. I'll give you until tomorrow night to issue the refund then I'll have to dispute. I still want the kit, just let me know when you'll have time.

Like evg I'm pretty much in the same boat. Ordered several weeks ago and still no shipping notification nor reply to PM or emails asking about the order. I ordered a DIY a few months ago and had a similar delay that time as well, however, when I messaged to find out the status I received a near immediate response. This time, though, that has not been the case.

Howdy Everyone,

I have to apologize again to everyone for my continued absence. I got plowed under by a large number of projects and I let commitments I made to others (you guys) slide a bit much.

I also just logged in to see over 15(!) PM's in my Inbox, and yet I received no notification in my e-mail for anything but the most recent PM. :-/ Everyone who has contacted me should have a response by now and unless I note here otherwise, I will try to respond to future messages within 24 hours.
    .-=Omikron=-.

TiVo Series4 Premiere Development HERE

Do you have a PROM related question? Check HERE and HERE before sending me a PM. Any questions that have already been answered will be deleted if sent via PM.

I just wanted to keep everyone in the loop about my availability. I'll be around all of next week, but the following three or four weeks will be quite hectic. I've already taken care of people who have PM'd me but if you've been waiting out and haven't talked to me yet, now is your time. :-)
    .-=Omikron=-.

Do you have a PROM related question? Check HERE and HERE before sending me a PM. Any questions that have already been answered will be deleted if sent via PM.

Received my order today. All looks good! Thanks Omikron.

Placed an order for a couple DIY kits. Just a ping here to make sure it doesn't slip through the cracks.

And yet it has. Hopefully Omikron will notice before I too have to use the Paypal dispute process.

Unfortunately email notifications from this forum (and pretty much every other vB forum I've ever used) are woefully unreliable. It did work today, though, which reminds me I need to find my box to ship out my S3 before the holidays strike.

Yeah, but he's received the order from Paypal, I've posted here and emailed him directly. I think he just gets busy and lets the little things slide a bit. I've only got a DIY kit order in so hopefully for you he would turn around a PROM refit faster. I ordered the DIY kit because he didn't respond to a PM about his current turnaround time. That could be due to the aforementioned crap vB notification system.

Anybody heard anything from Omikron lately? I have a TivoHD that I'd like him to mod, but he doesn't seem to respond to PMs. Is there anyone else out there providing a similar service?

Wow, forget to sign in to DDB for a few weeks and it all goes to heck. :-P

Yeah, vB notifications are hit or miss sometimes, but they do filter through from time to time. For example, whitepelican's post to this thread was the first notice I've received in at least a month or so, and it seems other posts were being made that I missed. :-/

Anyway, I am around, and I am now seeing a backlog of PM's so I'll address that now and see if I can't figure out why the notifications are so sporadic. I guess I'll just have to log in and manually check more often.

jpa, did you get your order? I've been shipping out all of the orders that have come in and I don't recall seeing any missed communications via email or PayPal. If you haven't, please email me or PM me your order number so I can figure out what failed.
    .-=Omikron=-.

Thanks, Omikron. I got your PM. I'll be sending you my Tivo HD soon.

Post deleted.
    Last edited by whitepelican; 10-06-2012 at 04:57 PM.

At the beginning of this thread Omikron lists a kit for PROM modding a TiVo Series 2 DualTuner. I have a TiVo Series 2 SingleTuner unit (Model # TCD540040), which according to DVRpedia needs the PROM modification in order to enable access to the OS. Anyone know if Omikron is able to socket this model?

I also have a DirecTiVo Series 2 DualTuner on which I've installed TiVoWebPlus (w/Hackman) and have enabled it for downloading via TySuiteJ. I'm assuming I'd be able to do the same with my TiVo Series 2 (using basic cable), once I can get to the bash prompt. TiVoWebPlus is a such a useful way to manage recordings, and TySuiteJ is so much faster than TiVo Desktop, that I'd really like to get both up-and-running. Also, I'd like to ditch my current TiVo wi-fi adapter in favor of a more sensible Ethernet adapter. Has anyone made these same mods on the TCD540040?

Quote Originally Posted by benicehavefun View Post
    At the beginning of this thread Omikron lists a kit for PROM modding a TiVo Series 2 DualTuner. I have a TiVo Series 2 SingleTuner unit (Model # TCD540040), which according to DVRpedia needs the PROM modification in order to enable access to the OS. Anyone know if Omikron is able to socket this model?

I also have a DirecTiVo Series 2 DualTuner on which I've installed TiVoWebPlus (w/Hackman) and have enabled it for downloading via TySuiteJ. I'm assuming I'd be able to do the same with my TiVo Series 2 (using basic cable), once I can get to the bash prompt. TiVoWebPlus is a such a useful way to manage recordings, and TySuiteJ is so much faster than TiVo Desktop, that I'd really like to get both up-and-running. Also, I'd like to ditch my current TiVo wi-fi adapter in favor of a more sensible Ethernet adapter. Has anyone made these same mods on the TCD540040?
    If you want hardwired Ethernet for that 540 instead of the wireless (although the TiVo wireless G is a pretty good little device), there's a list of compatible USB to Ethernet adapters on the TiVo website. I use the Netgear FA120 with my 540.
    Too busy TiVo wrangling to watch television anymore.