Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: Full Service PROM Modification

As a note, I am 100% back on schedule and have issued a new PROM Date of Saturday, March 22nd.

I have tried to the best of my ability to address any issues with the recent delays. If for some reason one of you has been overlooked, please do not hesitate to let me know.

TTL cables are still backlogged and are being sent to people in order of the requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Neosum View Post
    Omikron,

I tried to send you a PM but your box is full.

I'd like to get a DIY kit for tivo TCD649080.

You can PM me with a payment link or let me know what to do next.

Thanks.
    PM sent. ;-)

I've finally got a small handful of TTL adapters completed. I'll try to get some pictures up tonight or tomorrow so you can all see the horrible hackjob. ;-)

Just thought I'd update everyone on the next and following PROM Days. The next one is April 5th, and the next one should either be the 22nd or the 29th. This may change, and it may be pushed back further.

As we move forward the number of PROM Days will probably decrease in frequency. But we will see how that goes.

Also, in case anyone is interested I've got about 5 TiVo HD TTL adapters that I've assembled, and they're available for $50.

The high price of the cables from this batch reflects the unreasonable amount of labor required to assemble them using the current design, and I am currently toying with a design that would potentially reduce the amount of time needed to assemble the adapters. For now, these are being made available to those who really need a better way of debugging any broken hacks outside of pulling the drive and rehacking from scratch.

I was cleaning out some my old equipment boxes and I also just found 4 PC-TiVo null modem cables that are ready for use with a factory serial jack or one of my serial jacks. We'll say $10 for these.

I'm doing some spring cleaning over the next week so expect to see odd things coming up for sale here... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Omikron View Post
    I was cleaning out some my old equipment boxes and I also just found 4 PC-TiVo null modem cables that are ready for use with a factory serial jack or one of my serial jacks. We'll say $10 for these.

I'm doing some spring cleaning over the next week so expect to see odd things coming up for sale here... ;-)
    Is this the same as the serial cable that will keep me from having to pull my drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
    Is this the same as the serial cable that will keep me from having to pull my drive?
    If properly set up, yes. Just search for "hackemr" on here.

For reference:

Quote Originally Posted by lojos1932
    Quote Originally Posted by Omikron
    Quote Originally Posted by Omikron
    have a tvc649080 and pioneer810hs can the proms be modied if so how much for proms already loaded will that enabel telnet ftp thanks lojos1932
    Answers to all of those questions can already be found on this forum.
    you had time to say that but no time for answer that ant cool you must have to much to do
    The reality is that the services that I offer are for people who are ready for some in-depth research and hard work. I have prices posted in the main PROM thread, and I have also addressed what exactly a PROM modification will do in the same thread.

I spent a good deal of time and effort in writing and organizing that thread so people could answer their own questions, and I don't appreciate it when it is ignored and assumed that I will simply spoon-feed everything too them.

If you can't successfully perform the most basic of research tasks, then I have no reason to help.

-Omikron

As a side note, you might be taken more seriously in the future if you use complete sentences and proper grammar.
    Listen, about the damn grammar. Im 62 years old and i dont have the best grammar but its plain to see that you think that you are a god damn internet smart ass. ive been trying to research this shit and seen your little PM about answers to prices and you want to write me back like that.. well take your socket and stick it up your canadian ass because you arent from the us
    Rather than go down this path in the future, I will simply delete any message that has already been answered in the first two posts of this thread.

What a moron

Omikron,

Don't let mentally arthritic cretins like the poster in this exchange rattle you. If he's been around 62 years and hasn't bothered to learn better manners and better grammar than that, then there's little you could do for him, let alone should do for him.

With guys like this around, it's little wonder some foreigners think Americans are arrogant and stupid.
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

Quote Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
    Omikron,

Don't let mentally arthritic cretins like the poster in this exchange rattle you. If he's been around 62 years and hasn't bothered to learn better manners and better grammar than that, then there's little you could do for him, let alone should do for him.

With guys like this around, it's little wonder some foreigners think Americans are arrogant and stupid.
    The best part is I'm not anywhere near Canada. I have no idea where he got that idea from.
    .-=Omikron=-.

TiVo Series4 Premiere Development HERE

Do you have a PROM related question? Check HERE and HERE before sending me a PM. Any questions that have already been answered will be deleted if sent via PM.

I've moved the next PROM Day to April 19th, with the next one being TBD. Most likely it would be in May.
    .-=Omikron=-.

Do you have a PROM related question? Check HERE and HERE before sending me a PM. Any questions that have already been answered will be deleted if sent via PM.

I am once again out of TTL cables for the TiVo HD. If there are enough requests for them I'll make some more, but for the moment it's a fairly labor intensive process.
    .-=Omikron=-.

Im up for a JUNE date, once LOST is over for the season. I could've done 04/19 if I'd paid attention...

Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich View Post
    Im up for a JUNE date, once LOST is over for the season. I could've done 04/19 if I'd paid attention...
    I will probably have two PROM Days in May, and MAYBE one in June. I will then most likely be on a hiatus for several months until the Fall season when things settle down for me.
    .-=Omikron=-.