Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: Full Service PROM Modification

I read through this whole thread twice and searched on the forum, but couldn't find any answers. So can someone who had PROM done by OMIKRON give me some info.

1. If I have shows already recorded on the TIVO S3 unit, will this be affected at all? Can I still send it in and expect the shows to still be on there?

2. If there's a software update by TIVO service, will the PROM break? or just keeps on running without any problems.

Thanks.

After these questions, I am going to pull the trigger on the PROM by Omikron.

I am seriously considering PROMing my SA Series 2 Tivo (TCD540040). but I have a 3 year activation on it right now; would PROMing disable my current Tivo activation? I checked the FAQs and activation was addressed but not with regards to my specific question.
    Thanks for your assistance...

Quote Originally Posted by hexproject View Post
    I read through this whole thread twice and searched on the forum, but couldn't find any answers. So can someone who had PROM done by OMIKRON give me some info.

1. If I have shows already recorded on the TIVO S3 unit, will this be affected at all? Can I still send it in and expect the shows to still be on there?

2. If there's a software update by TIVO service, will the PROM break? or just keeps on running without any problems.

Thanks.

After these questions, I am going to pull the trigger on the PROM by Omikron.

Quote Originally Posted by gimak View Post
    I am seriously considering PROMing my SA Series 2 Tivo (TCD540040). but I have a 3 year activation on it right now; would PROMing disable my current Tivo activation? I checked the FAQs and activation was addressed but not with regards to my specific question.
    Thanks for your assistance...
    The Mini-FAQ has been updated with answers to both of these posts.
    .-=Omikron=-.

TiVo Series4 Premiere Development HERE

Do you have a PROM related question? Check HERE and HERE before sending me a PM. Any questions that have already been answered will be deleted if sent via PM.

The next PROM Day is Friday, May 9th 2008.

There will be one more in June, and possibly one more in July. I expect to be on hiatus shortly thereafter.
    .-=Omikron=-.

Do you have a PROM related question? Check HERE and HERE before sending me a PM. Any questions that have already been answered will be deleted if sent via PM.

I'm interested in having you PROM Mod my TivoHD, however I am wondering if you will have any additional serial cables for the TivoHD for your next PROM date [5/9]. Also, whats the normal shipping time from/to zip 32792? I ask so I'll get an idea of downtime... Looking at the calendar, I would think 5/5 would be the last day I could get it to UPS.

TIA
    Last edited by phdeez; 04-26-2008 at 02:51 PM. Reason: clairifcation

Quote Originally Posted by phdeez View Post
    I'm interested in having you PROM Mod my TivoHD, however I am wondering if you will have any additional serial cables for the TivoHD for your next PROM date [5/9]. Also, whats the normal shipping time from/to zip 32792? I ask so I'll get an idea of downtime... Looking at the calendar, I would think 5/5 would be the last day I could get it to UPS.

TIA
    ETA is 4-5 days. The 5th might be cutting it close for Ground, especially if they run into delays.

I should have two or three TTL adapters available.
    .-=Omikron=-.

Cool, and did you figure out a way to make them cheaper? Would I get a discount, or would it cost more to install it? The most recent post for the serial cable for the TivoHD said $50... I just want to get an idea... thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by phdeez View Post
    Cool, and did you figure out a way to make them cheaper? Would I get a discount, or would it cost more to install it? The most recent post for the serial cable for the TivoHD said $50... I just want to get an idea... thanks!
    For the time being that cost will remain the same as the new design has run into some issues and won't be ready for a month or two. Installation is free because it's trivial to install on the TiVo HD since there is no drilling involved.
    .-=Omikron=-.

anyone heard from omikron.. had 2 boxes prom modded supposedly friday. and cannot get a reply from him re: whether they were done and when they will be shipped out thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lgkahn View Post
    anyone heard from omikron.. had 2 boxes prom modded supposedly friday. and cannot get a reply from him re: whether they were done and when they will be shipped out thanks.
    With all due respect Larry, I do have other obligations and commitments that preclude me from monitoring my email and replying 24/7. Please check your email for my reply.

I must stress again that I only do this while it is enjoyable and I can fit it in. If people start emailing me repeatedly over the course of two days and then get upset when I don't reply immediately the joy will be quickly removed from it.
    .-=Omikron=-.

sorry if i offended you but I don't think it is unreasoneable to send 1 email a day..

anyway that is neither here nor there.. I hope you keep doing this as it is an invaluable service

larry
    Last edited by lgkahn; 05-13-2008 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lgkahn View Post
    sorry if i offended you but I don't think it is unreasoneable to send 1 email a day..

anyway that is neither here nor there.. I hope you keep doing this as it is an invaluable service

larry
    No, I'm the one who should apologize. I had a pretty stressful weekend and as you can see from my above post, I had already reached my limit by the time got to check this forum.

I hope you enjoy your TiVo when it gets back to you. ;-)
    .-=Omikron=-.

The next and very likely last PROM date for the time being is now set for May 30th.Moving forward I am dealing with an ever-increasing workload and am dealing with too many projects that require more and more of my time.

Although I will probably continue to offer DIY PROM kits here and there, the service is putting a strain on some of my projects. As a result, fear that I may not have time to do any more PROM days for at least a few more months. Time permitting, I may be able to fit in one or two more days before Fall but for now this will have to do. :-/

Along the same lines I will probably be stepping away from DDB for a small while until I can catch up on my other projects, but I will try to pop in as often as I am able to contribute to the community. Those to wish to reach me may still send me PM's but I may take a few days to respond.

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by Omikron; 05-17-2008 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Correction from March to May...(Case in point)
    .-=Omikron=-.

Quote Originally Posted by Omikron View Post
    The next and very likely last PROM date for the time being is now set for March 30th.
    Dude.. it's May already!

j/k - I understand...I wouldn't know what day it was if my computer didn't tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1134 View Post
    Dude.. it's May already!

j/k - I understand...I wouldn't know what day it was if my computer didn't tell me.
    Fixed...thanks. ;-)
    .-=Omikron=-.