Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: Full Service PROM Modification

I sent a PM with my email. I didn't get a reply. Does that mean I didn't make it?

Quote Originally Posted by johnjh View Post
    I sent a PM with my email. I didn't get a reply. Does that mean I didn't make it?
    Nope. It means you didn't check your email. I sent you a PayPal invoice almost immediately after receiving the PM. :-)
    .-=Omikron=-.

TiVo Series4 Premiere Development HERE

Do you have a PROM related question? Check HERE and HERE before sending me a PM. Any questions that have already been answered will be deleted if sent via PM.

Sorry, I missed it. So if I go ahead and pay it now, I will still make it right? The only problem I have now is that my wife throw away my tivo box, so I don't have the original box to ship it to you. I will have to use some other box. Will that be a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by johnjh View Post
    Sorry, I missed it. So if I go ahead and pay it now, I will still make it right? The only problem I have now is that my wife throw away my tivo box, so I don't have the original box to ship it to you. I will have to use some other box. Will that be a problem?
    No worries! Just make sure the box you select meets the following conditions:

1. It's not larger than the original TiVo box.

2. It will be strong enough to withstand two trips.

3. Packing peanuts aren't used.

That's it!

Also, make sure to remove any CableCARD's and if possible, the hard drive.
    .-=Omikron=-.

Do you have a PROM related question? Check HERE and HERE before sending me a PM. Any questions that have already been answered will be deleted if sent via PM.

Looks like January 7th will be the next date in Jan. Anyone who's interested should follow the instructions detailed in the first post.
    .-=Omikron=-.

Omicron:

In case my PM is lost, Iif there is one last PROM date, I'd like to participate. I'll do the regular UPS route.

Same here

Me three. Id like to participate as well, pm sent.

Thanks and hopefully one more?

rngbld

man how do i always miss these? i've been procrastinating for years on dumping D* and moving to the tivoHDs i've already bought. praying for another prom run...

Quote Originally Posted by joeblough View Post
    man how do i always miss these?...
    Under "Thread Tools", click "Subscibe to this thread"
    Two DSR7000s both at 6.4a/101 from slices; both originally sleepered version 3, then 4.01b, 6.2, 6.2a.
    TWP 2.1, Superpatched, 300GB Seagate in one, 750GB in the other, USB 2 w/ Jamie's backport drivers
    One HR10-250 at 6.4a, networked, Superpatched, stock 250GB drive
    One HR23
    Patiently waiting for a new DirecTV/Tivo
    One AM21 hooked to the HR23

oh yeah, good point. subscribing.

Me too! (probably shouldn't put it that way...)

Having been recently handed a used TCD540 (service number starting with 540) and already the happy owner of two tinkered D*TiVos, I'm wondering if Omikron isn't willing to part with a DIY kit myself. The first post seems to indicate otherwise, but hoping... Little sister went HD and has no use for it, I'd like to add it to the MRV pile.

Not to worry, factory trained service tech for (insert major name brand of choice here) consumer electronics, I know which end of the iron not to pick up from, and the wonderful world of SMC.
    Last edited by montyl; 02-03-2010 at 11:21 PM.
    LR - DSR704 hacked 6.2a, 200G, TiVoWebPlus 2.1b3
    MBR - DSR7000 hacked 6.2a, 180G, TiVoWebPlus 2.1b3
    2 PCs running TiVoServer

oh bother, i did not notice that. all i want is a couple of proms... i've got 10 years experience with SMT rework. i've already got the sockets!

We can only hope...
    LR - DSR704 hacked 6.2a, 200G, TiVoWebPlus 2.1b3
    MBR - DSR7000 hacked 6.2a, 180G, TiVoWebPlus 2.1b3
    2 PCs running TiVoServer

Hey Everyone!

Sorry for the delay but, you know, life. :-P

I will be scheduling a PROM day of sorts here sometime in the next few days, so keep your eyes peeled for what will very likely be the last PROM day I do. Anyone who's sent me a PM will get a reply within the next day or so with further details.

Talk to you all soon!
    .-=Omikron=-.

Hey, don't you want to be in the fray when the new model comes out next month?