Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: TySuiteJ - GUI, Extraction, MPEG Conversion, and much much more

29 TySuiteJ - GUI, Extraction, MPEG Conversion, and much much more

Version 2.6 - Support for Series 1 & 2

There are 5 major tools:

1. The Graphical User Interface (GUI) - Similar to TyTool, but with an improved GUI. One click transcoding of Ty files to almost any format, including iPod.
    2. The Web Server - Stream/download/transcode/view* ty/mpg files from your favorite browser and smart phone.
    3. The UPNP and MyIHome Server - A feature rich media servers for audio, video, and photos.
    4. The CLI (Command Line Interface) - Extract and browse your Tivo from the command line.
    5. Automatic Extraction - Extracts and/or transcodes Tivo titles based on rules you define.

The core of this tool is software that will extract, remux and transcode TY streams into mpg streams on the fly. It has a couple advantages over existing tools:
    1. All tools allow you to extract from the Tivo and convert to .mpg on the fly*. No intermediate steps and TyShow is not required.
    2. The converter handles HD properly. Nothing else out there can extract and mux HD properly on the fly.
    3. The .mpg converter is extremely robust and will handle streams with severe drop out problems.
    4. All tools will run on any platform that supports Java*. That's pretty much everything but your phone. Well, maybe some phones.
    5. You can programaticly list NowShowing, extract Ty streams and .mpg files from a remote command line. Nice for the unix guys.

See the new /help/readme.htm for installation instructions and options.

Request List:
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...0&postcount=80

Important Notes:
    • application.properties has been redone in 2.5+. You'll need to update yours. See /help/readme.html for more info.
    • *Transcoding (conversion to non-ty/mpg formats) requires ffmpeg. It is not platform independent, but has builds for most platforms. See /help/readme.html for more info.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dburckh; 10-11-2007 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Added note about transcode

I'll try to work on the all-black problem when I get home tonight.

In the Dept of Tivo Rebooting, I'm sorry to say I rebooted the Tivo last night when I tried to connect UI to it without dserver.tcl running. It read 22 of about 60 shows and then rebooted. I could not repro the rebooting. I was tuned in to HBO HD at the time it rebooted, so it may be that there was not enough CPU available, but I could not repro the rebooting with logging turned on.

I have never had a reboot when dserver.tcl is already running, even with the "experimental" S2 binaries. Unless you think it is a really bad idea, I will probably launch dserver.tcl from rc.sysinit.author. I wonder if it makes sense for your code to even try to do it remotely, since it seems to be so risky (for me, anyway).

I'm still confused as to why you are having these problems. We have very similar setups and I don't have it happen.

Running dserver.tcl from rc.sysinit.author is probably the best solution across the board. I have support for tserver too, if you want to try it. It's single threaded, so you can't do things like "refresh" when a transfer is happening. Jamie gave me some instructions on getting around that, but it's a little complex.

Well, if I had been using the same mfs_uberexport and NowShowing as you, it's possible I never would have seen a problem either. That's a potentially important difference in our setups.

And like I say, after the first reboot last night, I couldn't get the problem to recur after I turned on logging. The fact that I had HD programming on one live TV tuner (and who knows what on the other) may be the X factor. I did not try putting an HD program on the second tuner after the reboot when I was trying to repro the reboot.

I think I'd rather start dserver in .author than fiddle with tserver. The last thing I want to do is start making my setup less like yours. And when I've had dserver running ahead of time, the program has been very stable--certainly better behaved for me than mfs_ftp--even with the experimental binaries.

My logic is that if it's happening to me, it will happen to somebody else at some point, so it's worth posting.

Iv'ed tried changing the dos extensions to get the stream to open in VLC from web server. Installing the latest verison didn't help any either. Is there anyway to include a path to the perfered ap. in the application.properties to open the stream?
    Thanks Drew

Thanks for the great tool. I've used it on some of my newer files without any issue.

I'm running into a few issues using Tytool with some very large HD files. These files were on my drive before it was hacked, so I had to do the S2_unscramble process to be able to pull them off. Unfortunately, Tytool cannot get them because of their large size.

If I was to modify the TySuite to use the tserver_mfs file that I have on my system, do you think it would be able to grab these files?

They're all between 25 and 28 GB.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by drewcurtis View Post
    Iv'ed tried changing the dos extensions to get the stream to open in VLC from web server. Installing the latest verison didn't help any either. Is there anyway to include a path to the perfered ap. in the application.properties to open the stream?
    Thanks Drew
    I haven't had much luck with this either. There are experimental VLC plugs out there you can try. I did some reading and it looks like IE opens them based on MIME type. You may be able to tweak that, but it's pretty complex. The mime type is video/mpeg. The view button in 2.1 ***might*** work for you, but that's WMP.

Quote Originally Posted by psunami View Post
    Thanks for the great tool. I've used it on some of my newer files without any issue.

I'm running into a few issues using Tytool with some very large HD files. These files were on my drive before it was hacked, so I had to do the S2_unscramble process to be able to pull them off. Unfortunately, Tytool cannot get them because of their large size.

If I was to modify the TySuite to use the tserver_mfs file that I have on my system, do you think it would be able to grab these files?

They're all between 25 and 28 GB.

Thanks for your help.
    I'm not familar with tserver_mfs. It could be that tserver_mfs doesn't properly handle the files too. I do have support for tserver in TySuiteJ. It is beta!!!!

Try this:

1. Start tserver_mfs on the Tivo.

2. Change this setting:
    TyStreamHelperFactory.className=io.DServerTyStreamHelper
    to:
    TyStreamHelperFactory.className=io.TServerTyStreamHelper

3. Run the UI.

If tserver and tserver_mfs use the same port, you should get NowShowing.

Probably want to extract as .ty files first, then convert in case something goes wrong. My guess is that if TyTool doesn't work, the problem is in tserver_mfs. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dburckh View Post
    My guess is that if TyTool doesn't work, the problem is in tserver_mfs. Best of luck.
    I don't think so. I think tytool has a limitation on the number of "parts" in a recording on the PC side.

Thanks so much for the suggestions.

It doesn't seem to be able to launch NowShowing. It just says Refreshing but never actually gets the data in the Gui. I figured I'd give it a try using your tool as it works so well with my normal recordings since I hacked the system.

Here's what I see when I run tserver_mfs

Waiting for an incoming connection!
    SERVER: We got a message! buf = ''
    Bogus command... ''
    SERVER: We got a message! buf = 'SHOWING'
    Last edited by psunami; 03-15-2007 at 04:27 PM.

Worked better than I thought it would. It appears it doesn't understand the NowShowing output.

Do all the previous steps with this release (overlay your existing) and this setting in application.properties.

io.TServerTyStreamHelper.logLevel=DEBUG

I'm trying to get a sample of the NowShowing format.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I don't think so. I think tytool has a limitation on the number of "parts" in a recording on the PC side.
    Jamie,

Does tserver_mfs it support the normal "TYSTREAM" command? Does this version decrypt? Is it just an old version of tserver?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dburckh View Post
    Jamie,

Does tserver_mfs it support the normal "TYSTREAM" command? Does this version decrypt? Is it just an old version of tserver?

Thanks.
    As far as I know, it's just an old version of tserver hacked to work with the S2 unscramble kernel. I think the protocol is the same, though it probably doesn't have the ability to run under inetd.

Here's the output of the log.

It looks like it is getting the NowShowing info.

You'll also see that I've got an affinity for hockey... and Little Einsteins.

Question TySuiteJ Works on my WinXP box, doesn't on Linux

Strange things. I can't get my linux box to launch this program -- I get an error:
    FAILED: Unknown Host???

Then, I copied the same exact files over to my WinXP box, and voila, it worked.

Any ideas?