TySuiteJ - GUI, Extraction, MPEG Conversion, and much much more
Version 2.6 - Support for Series 1 & 2
There are 5 major tools:
- The Graphical User Interface (GUI) - Similar to TyTool, but with an improved GUI. One click transcoding of Ty files to almost any format, including iPod.
- The Web Server - Stream/download/transcode/view* ty/mpg files from your favorite browser and smart phone.
- The UPNP and MyIHome Server - A feature rich media servers for audio, video, and photos.
- The CLI (Command Line Interface) - Extract and browse your Tivo from the command line.
- Automatic Extraction - Extracts and/or transcodes Tivo titles based on rules you define.
The core of this tool is software that will extract, remux and transcode TY streams into mpg streams on the fly. It has a couple advantages over existing tools:
- All tools allow you to extract from the Tivo and convert to .mpg on the fly*. No intermediate steps and TyShow is not required.
- The converter handles HD properly. Nothing else out there can extract and mux HD properly on the fly.
- The .mpg converter is extremely robust and will handle streams with severe drop out problems.
- All tools will run on any platform that supports Java*. That's pretty much everything but your phone. Well, maybe some phones.
- You can programaticly list NowShowing, extract Ty streams and .mpg files from a remote command line. Nice for the unix guys.
See the new /help/readme.htm for installation instructions and options.
- application.properties has been redone in 2.5+. You'll need to update yours. See /help/readme.html for more info.
- *Transcoding (conversion to non-ty/mpg formats) requires ffmpeg. It is not platform independent, but has builds for most platforms. See /help/readme.html for more info.
Last edited by dburckh; 10-11-2007 at 11:34 AM.
Reason: Added note about transcode