Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: TySuiteJ - GUI, Extraction, MPEG Conversion, and much much more

Optimum PS3 Settings

I downloaded and installed the new version. Since we need to use the new application.properties file can you give me any optimal settings to try to get PS3 stuff working more reliably. It will play some files part way through then dies. It often posts the PS3 message
    "Access to the media server has been denied" Check the settings of the Media server. " I also noticed my Linkplayer2 sees the server and plays more reliably but the list of tivo shows is inaccurate. It lists like 1 to 8 of 22 but going page forward list some of the same folders over and over. Thanks for knocking out a new version with so many new features !!!

This is sooo close to working for me on the PS3 side.

Quote Originally Posted by snoots View Post
    I downloaded and installed the new version. Since we need to use the new application.properties file can you give me any optimal settings to try to get PS3 stuff working more reliably. It will play some files part way through then dies. It often posts the PS3 message
    "Access to the media server has been denied" Check the settings of the Media server. " I also noticed my Linkplayer2 sees the server and plays more reliably but the list of tivo shows is inaccurate. It lists like 1 to 8 of 22 but going page forward list some of the same folders over and over. Thanks for knocking out a new version with so many new features !!!

This is sooo close to working for me on the PS3 side.
    I was really hoping this version would alleviate the "Access to the media server has been denied". There is no security on the server. It is probably a red herring for some other problem.

I did a quick Google on PS3 "Access to the media server has been denied". It appears the PS3 is really impatient. It takes a while to buffer up the Tivo stream. Try hitting the same title again after waiting a minute. TySuiteJ should keep downloading the file after the initial hit. Additionally, please make sure your firmware is up to date. The posts said 1.8 helped.

I'm not experiencing the multiple folders. Could this be a case sensitivity issue? (I can correct that) If not, could you start MyIHome, hit it with a browser, find the duplicates and send me the .html?

As for .properties settings, the content management properties have changed, but the rest are the same. I don't have any recommendations for the advanced settings other than what was in previous posts. Good luck. My future PS3 purchase is in your hands.

FYI: I have a friend of a friend that claims Sony is going to drop the price of PS3 $100 this month.
    Last edited by dburckh; 06-17-2007 at 09:10 PM.

TySuiteJ 2.5 Beta 1 help

This contains updated "help" on the new content management system. Hopefully it's helpful.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

I'll go through the new help and also see what I can discover PS3 wise. I do have the lastest firmware installed. I also emailed sony to suggest they correct some of the issues. There are several DNLA servers out there and so far not one of them can handle video reliably. I have transcoded videoredo'd and they still don't play reliably. Hopefully as you say Sony will "fix" some of the issues. When it is working it is SWEET. ALso playing MotorStorm is a hoot on line.

Until then, Wii are with you in spirit. (Resident Evil 4 Wii coming out soooooon).

Upnp Vs Myihome

The files show up correctly if I'm running myihome. I was running uPnP during the PS3 tests and it showed up on the Linkplayer2. Must be a difference in the code somewhere between the two lists.

(I've said this before, and had to eat my words.) That is really odd. The major rework on this release was having the UPNP, Web and MyIHome sharing the same content code. Does this happen with the PS3, LinkPlayer and Nero ShowTime? If so, I definitely have an issue. If it's just one, it might be an issue with my UPNP ID scheme (new). I've been testing with one Tivo, I'll try multiple.

With the UPNP cmd running, the PS3 sees all the files under video.
    On the Linkplayer2 it shows 9 files per screen but the titles are all the same but the numbers increase. 24 is the first folder on the Tivo and it shows at the top of the 3 pages. If I start up the myIhome command then the Linkplayer2 sees the total TIVO listing.

So, as I understand it:

PS3 - sees all files (you can change UpnpMediaServer.content=/Video/{Content.tivo} to just /{Content.tivo} to get rid of the Video folder)
    MyIHome - sees all files
    UPNP LinkPlayer - screwed up

Correct? I have a ":" in the tivo ID's. If the above is accurate I'll change it and we can see what happens.

Yes PS3 sees them all, MyIhome sees them all, UpnP Linkplayer screwed up.

Try this. Strangely, my LinkTheater has no problems. It is a sibling to the LinkPlayer2. I've replace the ":" with an "_". The LinkPlayer XML parser may think the ":" represented a namespace.

Oh, my iPod transcoding beta tester (my wife) reports that the files work. No issues with FFWD, RWD, pause or Audio Sync.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Transcoding doesn't seem to work in Linux

I'm trying to run the newest beta on my CentOS 5 Linux box, but I can't get the transcoding to work. Here's the error I get no matter what program or transcoding settings I try.

Code:
    06/17/2007 23:38:59.826 INFO  [common.TransferQueue] Queued    /mnt/raid/video/Craft Lab.mov
    06/17/2007 23:39:00.544 INFO  [parser.RestreamingTyRecordParser] Video:  Size: 480x480 Aspect: 4x3 fps: 29.97003
    06/17/2007 23:39:01.346 INFO  [common.TransferQueue] java.io.IOException: Bad file descriptor
    java.io.IOException: Bad file descriptor
       at gnu.java.nio.channels.FileChannelImpl.write(libgcj.so.7rh)
       at java.io.FileOutputStream.write(libgcj.so.7rh)
       at parser.TyRecordParser.writePackHeader(TyRecordParser.java:251)
       at parser.RestreamingTyRecordParser.writePacket(RestreamingTyRecordParser.java:476)
       at parser.RestreamingTyRecordParser.append(RestreamingTyRecordParser.java:331)
       at parser.RestreamingTyRecordParser.convert(RestreamingTyRecordParser.java:208)
       at parser.TyRecordServer.parse(TyRecordServer.java:178)
       at parser.TyRecordServer.parse(TyRecordServer.java:124)
       at io.FileTransferrer.convertTyStream(FileTransferrer.java:399)
       at io.FileTransferrer.getTranscodedFile(FileTransferrer.java:117)
       at common.TransferQueue.run(TransferQueue.java:112)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(libgcj.so.7rh)
    Any ideas what I'm missing? BTW, this ROCKS!!!

Thanks for pointing out the FileTransferrer.fileNamePattern option, but
    it doesn't quite work here.

I thought it was completely failing, as I deleted my test cases between
    extractions. I just left one and tried to pull down two mode episodes.
    The first new one seemed to properly detect the old file and had _1
    appended the name, but the next also ended up with _1 and overwrote the
    first....

Quote Originally Posted by tlphipps View Post
    I'm trying to run the newest beta on my CentOS 5 Linux box, but I can't get the transcoding to work. Here's the error I get no matter what program or transcoding settings I try.

Code:
    06/17/2007 23:38:59.826 INFO  [common.TransferQueue] Queued    /mnt/raid/video/Craft Lab.mov
    06/17/2007 23:39:00.544 INFO  [parser.RestreamingTyRecordParser] Video:  Size: 480x480 Aspect: 4x3 fps: 29.97003
    06/17/2007 23:39:01.346 INFO  [common.TransferQueue] java.io.IOException: Bad file descriptor
    java.io.IOException: Bad file descriptor
       at gnu.java.nio.channels.FileChannelImpl.write(libgcj.so.7rh)
       at parser.TyRecordParser.writePackHeader(TyRecordParser.java:251)
       at parser.RestreamingTyRecordParser.writePacket(RestreamingTyRecordParser.java:476)
       at parser.RestreamingTyRecordParser.append(RestreamingTyRecordParser.java:331)
       at parser.RestreamingTyRecordParser.convert(RestreamingTyRecordParser.java:208)
       at parser.TyRecordServer.parse(TyRecordServer.java:178)
       at parser.TyRecordServer.parse(TyRecordServer.java:124)
       at io.FileTransferrer.convertTyStream(FileTransferrer.java:399)
       at io.FileTransferrer.getTranscodedFile(FileTransferrer.java:117)
       at common.TransferQueue.run(TransferQueue.java:112)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(libgcj.so.7rh)
    Definitely not a good thing. I don't have a Linux box to test with. Where did you get your ffmpeg? Did you build it? I'm 90% sure that the link I sent to the Windows binary won't work on Linux, but I don't claim to be a Linux expert.

Try changing the engine setting to:

Transcoder.engine.ffmpeg=bash ./ffmpeg/ffmpeg

If that fails, please send me the encoder_out.txt. It should be in your install directory.

Quote Originally Posted by JustDan View Post
    Thanks for pointing out the FileTransferrer.fileNamePattern option, but
    it doesn't quite work here.

I thought it was completely failing, as I deleted my test cases between
    extractions. I just left one and tried to pull down two mode episodes.
    The first new one seemed to properly detect the old file and had _1
    appended the name, but the next also ended up with _1 and overwrote the
    first....
    Yeah, that sounds believable. I think I only tested it with one file. Should be an easy fix.

Found the problem. UNIQUE won't work if you add 2 jobs with the same name at the same time. This is due to the names being resolved when the job is added instead of before it's being run. It should work if you do one, wait for completion, then add the other. I'll fix it in the next beta.
    Last edited by dburckh; 06-18-2007 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Added problem description