Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: TySuiteJ - GUI, Extraction, MPEG Conversion, and much much more

Quote Originally Posted by twosox View Post
    Strange things. I can't get my linux box to launch this program -- I get an error:
    FAILED: Unknown Host???

Then, I copied the same exact files over to my WinXP box, and voila, it worked.

Any ideas?
    Did a little research. This is a Java "feature" with linux and DHCP. The attached version should fix it. I only use this code for setupTest, so the apps. should work. Either way, this should fix it. Overlay your existing install.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by psunami View Post
    Here's the output of the log.

It looks like it is getting the NowShowing info.

You'll also see that I've got an affinity for hockey... and Little Einsteins.
    I'm morally against helping a Badger fan, but try 22_a2 (above). I think I have the NowShowing bug fixed. I've had a problem with older versions of NowShowing. This may fix those as well. If Jamie is correct about tserver_mfs, it should just work.

dburckh:

I have been following this and previous threads for over a month and have really enjoyed your package, however, in streaming to wmp, I have no audio. I haven't seen anyone else with this problem. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by dyeargan; 03-16-2007 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dburckh View Post
    Did a little research. This is a Java "feature" with linux and DHCP. The attached version should fix it. I only use this code for setupTest, so the apps. should work. Either way, this should fix it. Overlay your existing install.
    Works like a champ.

Thanks -- this is an excellent application!

Quote Originally Posted by dyeargan View Post
    dburckh:

I have been following this and previous threads for over a month and have really enjoyed your package, however, in streaming to wmp, I have no audio. I haven't seen anyone else with this problem. Any thoughts?
    First thought is I should have never tried this. WMP is really picky. I'm play with upnp, and it won't even stream HD content to itself.

You can try to installing TivoDesktop. You don't actually use the software and you don't have to start it. TivoDesktop installs a different set of MPEG splitters and decoders that become globally available. Other than that, I don't really have any great ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by dburckh View Post
    I'm morally against helping a Badger fan, but try 22_a2 (above). I think I have the NowShowing bug fixed. I've had a problem with older versions of NowShowing. This may fix those as well. If Jamie is correct about tserver_mfs, it should just work.
    I knew showing that I had those Badger games on there might hurt development.

I didn't have any luck with a2. It still seems to have the same issue as the last one did.

One thing that I didn't mention was that this does need to use NowShowing.tcl instead of NowShowing.

Not sure how much of a difference that would make.

We might be doing this the hard way. If this is a MIPS binary or a .tcl file, just attach it to the post, or show me where you got it. I can run it locally. Because this is HD, I'm assuming it's MIPS.

Small Problem

I ran into a small problem, I downloaded an episode of Good Eats from one of my HD-Tivos. The resulting MPG plays fine but is missing the end of the show. If I download it as a ty file it goes all the way to the end. If I try to convert it after download the resulting mpg is missing the end again. I also downloaded the file as a ty file using tytool and then tried the convert feature and still the mpg is short. Below is the file sizes, you can see the 2 mpgs have the same shorter length than the 2 ty file attempts. Any suggestions? Thanks !

03/15/2007 06:06 PM 506,391,604 Good Eats - Corn the Beef.mpg
    03/15/2007 06:03 PM 509,607,936 Good Eats - Corn the Beef.ty
    03/15/2007 06:09 PM 506,391,604 Good Eats-Corn the Beef.mpg
    03/15/2007 05:59 PM 509,607,936 Good Eats-Corn the Beef.ty
    6 File(s) 4,823,771,339 bytes
    2 Dir(s) 338,698,194,944 bytes free

C:\TyFiles>

It's the one from this post.

It is in mfs-utils_src-20050604.tar.bz2

Quote Originally Posted by snoots View Post
    I ran into a small problem, I downloaded an episode of Good Eats from one of my HD-Tivos. The resulting MPG plays fine but is missing the end of the show. If I download it as a ty file it goes all the way to the end. If I try to convert it after download the resulting mpg is missing the end again. I also downloaded the file as a ty file using tytool and then tried the convert feature and still the mpg is short. Below is the file sizes, you can see the 2 mpgs have the same shorter length than the 2 ty file attempts. Any suggestions? Thanks !

03/15/2007 06:06 PM 506,391,604 Good Eats - Corn the Beef.mpg
    03/15/2007 06:03 PM 509,607,936 Good Eats - Corn the Beef.ty
    03/15/2007 06:09 PM 506,391,604 Good Eats-Corn the Beef.mpg
    03/15/2007 05:59 PM 509,607,936 Good Eats-Corn the Beef.ty
    6 File(s) 4,823,771,339 bytes
    2 Dir(s) 338,698,194,944 bytes free

C:\TyFiles>
    The .ty stream should be the same with tytool and TySuiteJ. It's a conversion problem. Try bumping this setting up. Start with 4000, goto 5000, 6000 etc.

TyRecordServer.badTyTimestampThreshold=3000

Quote Originally Posted by psunami View Post
    It's the one from this post.

It is in mfs-utils_src-20050604.tar.bz2
    I didn't see tserver_mfs in this post. I can try the NowShowing.tcl if that's what you meant.

Oh, my bad. I thought you were asking how to get to the NowShowing.tcl

Here's where I got the tserver_mfs. In the s2_unscramble.tar.bz2 file.

just wanted to say thanks for this project.
    It seems tivotool development has stopped. With this and mpegstreamclip I'm able to author dvd's again nicely on my mac.
    Is there MPEG4 conversion in there yet? can I add it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnyman View Post
    just wanted to say thanks for this project.
    It seems tivotool development has stopped. With this and mpegstreamclip I'm able to author dvd's again nicely on my mac.
    Is there MPEG4 conversion in there yet? can I add it?
    I played around with MPEG 4 ASP conversion and mencoder. I don't think it's fast enough to be streamable in real-time even at SD resolutions, but it's pretty easy to implement as a post extraction filter. I may even be able to do it as part of the extraction.

What tool did you plan to use for conversion? I usually use autoGK, it's the fastest and seems to work the best (I believe it's Windows only).

There's some related info on this thread.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=53756

currently I am using ffpgex to convert from ty to ipod mpeg4.

I hate that there isn't an easy solution for us mac folks. Doing the project in Java is an awesome idea.