Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: TySuiteJ - GUI, Extraction, MPEG Conversion, and much much more

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnyman View Post
    currently I am using ffpgex to convert from ty to ipod mpeg4.

I hate that there isn't an easy solution for us mac folks. Doing the project in Java is an awesome idea.
    Did you mean ffmpegx? It looks like it's just a mencoder front end (and maybe other tools???). It also appears there is a mencoder version for OS X. It would be pretty easy to integrate mencoder. Like I said, I don't think real time streaming from that is an option, but a post filter is definitely doable. I'm already doing it for tytompg.
    Last edited by dburckh; 03-16-2007 at 05:47 PM.

shortened mpg

TyRecordServer.badTyTimestampThreshold=6000

Tried 4,5,6000 no change

Quote Originally Posted by psunami View Post
    I knew showing that I had those Badger games on there might hurt development.

I didn't have any luck with a2. It still seems to have the same issue as the last one did.

One thing that I didn't mention was that this does need to use NowShowing.tcl instead of NowShowing.

Not sure how much of a difference that would make.
    Ok, NowShowing works in this release. Overlay as before.

I tried to extract a file, but got a lot of errors. Might be because it was unencrypted.

Ok. I now see NowShowing, but I do get an error when I try to retrieve a file.

13:49:51.468 Received NowShowing
    13:49:51.468 Got 26 titles, 143292 MB from 192.168.0.100
    13:49:51.468 Refresh Complete
    13:50:00.265 Queued C:\TIVO\College Hockey - NCAA Tournament, Final_ Boston College vs. Wisconsin.mpg
    13:50:00.281 Requesting ty stream: 694620
    13:50:00.296 Started C:\TIVO\College Hockey - NCAA Tournament, Final_ Boston College vs. Wisconsin.mpg
    13:50:01.265 Completed C:\TIVO\College Hockey - NCAA Tournament, Final_ Boston College vs. Wisconsin.mpg

Here's what happens in tserver.

Again, thanks for all of the help.

Ok. I now see NowShowing, but I do get an error when I try to retrieve a file.

13:49:51.468 Received NowShowing
    13:49:51.468 Got 26 titles, 143292 MB from 192.168.0.100
    13:49:51.468 Refresh Complete
    13:50:00.265 Queued C:\TIVO\College Hockey - NCAA Tournament, Final_ Boston College vs. Wisconsin.mpg
    13:50:00.281 Requesting ty stream: 694620
    13:50:00.296 Started C:\TIVO\College Hockey - NCAA Tournament, Final_ Boston College vs. Wisconsin.mpg
    13:50:01.265 Completed C:\TIVO\College Hockey - NCAA Tournament, Final_ Boston College vs. Wisconsin.mpg

Here's what happens in tserver.

Again, thanks for all of the help.
    From this output, it looks like there's an internal problem with tserver_mfs. Not much I can do about that. The tserver protocol is pretty straight forward. I tested with a normal tserver and the tool is working.

My guess is that you need to install the hacked 3.1.5x kernel in post you found and reboot the Tivo. This is not informed advice, it's just what makes sense to me. Before doing this, I suggest you read the thread thoroughly. Someone else may have had this problem.

Good luck!

I know that I have the hacked kernel, and a working version of tserver_mfs, on there already as TyTool can grab some files on there but it just can't grab really large HD files.

Thanks again for all of the effort that you put in, but I understand if you want to cut your losses on this one as there won't be many people trying to do what I'm doing.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by psunami; 03-17-2007 at 05:36 PM.

I know that I have the hacked kernel, and a working version of tserver_mfs, on there already as TyTool can grab some files on there but it just can't grab really large HD files.

Thanks again for all of the effort that you put in, but I understand if you want to cut your losses on this one as there won't be many people trying to do what I'm doing.

Thanks again.
    I'm sorry you feel like I'm cutting my losses, but there is really nothing more I can do. There is an error occurring inside tserver_mfs. Nothing I can do about that.

Couple things to consider/try:

From the post, it looks like you use the other mfs_* utitlities in the post with mfs_ftp and accomplish the same thing. That would probably be the easiest.

Try extracting the individual parts with TyTool. You can merge them with copy (see below). Make sure you get the order right.
    Code:
    copy part1.ty+part2.ty+part3.ty+... whole.ty
    Make sure you started tserver_mfs and not tserver.

Although it may not matter, make sure you use "copy -b" instead of just "copy" to specify a binary file.

Quote Originally Posted by Omikron View Post
    Although it may not matter, make sure you use "copy -b" instead of just "copy" to specify a binary file.
    You are correct. Thanks, and I believe you mean
    Code:
    copy /B

I had another thought. It looks like tserver_mfs offloads the processing to external tools. You might want to make sure you are running the versions of mfs_* from the post unscramble post. Especially mfs_export and mfs_stream. You may have overwrote them with newer versions, which could be causing the problem. I didn't see any sourcecode for tserver_mfs, so this is all a guess.

The source code for tserver_mfs is inside tus2.tar.gz, which is inside s2_unscramble.tar.bz2.

Quote Originally Posted by drez View Post
    The source code for tserver_mfs is inside tus2.tar.gz, which is inside s2_unscramble.tar.bz2.
    I found the code, but I can't figure out where the ret = -1 is coming from. It definitely isn't using mfs_export, so you can ignore that comment.

I think I'm back to my previous statement about mfs_ftp. The other difference between my code and TyTool is that I use a single socket. The code looks the same for both, but that's the only difference I can think of.

It looks like there is an mfs_rewrite that will remove the encryption. Once that is done, it's business as usual. That's probably your best alternative.

I'll give mfs_ftp a look... it looks like I'll be spending a bit of time learning that one.

Well, I have no idea what in the hell is going on now. I can't even get TyTool to pull off any files at this point.

Great fun.

I kind of expected this. It seemed very odd to me that TyTool was working and mine wasn't. Did you loose the unscramble kernel with the 6.3c upgrade?