Thread: Hey folks!

Hey folks!

Been away for a while.

Can somebody please tell me what the latest version is for an S1 DTivo unit?

Thanks,

Dennis
    Where'd Tivostuff.com go anyway?

3.5b. If you configure your S1 DTivo to allow updates and disable the nophone hack you should be able to get it after forcing a few phone calls. You might have to wait for it to download overnight first and then let it dial out. When you see the phone status indicate "Pending restart" just do a manual reboot to install the OS update. DirecTV and Tivo have been sending out updates to all Tivo models for the DST fix, with a few exceptions. I don't think they've updated the OS for the S1 SA models yet and I'm not sure about the DVD models but they've covered pretty much all others.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

My units can't dial out due to issues with my phone (crappy VOIP system).

I'm just going to start compiling a list of what I need and then do it manually.

I can live with the time being off for a while, as long as my recordings work.

I only need it to not dial and the buffer hack, so it should be pretty easy.

Thanks for the info, and good to see you again.

Dennis

If you have the slices resident in mfs then I'm assuming you can simply perform a manual upgrade using the modified installSw.itcl file just like with the S2 Tivos. BTW, Dennis, I couldn't help but notice you were posting in the newbie forum. You've been around here long enough to qualify posting with the big kids.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Just edit out the reboot in installSw.itcl. DD over a compatable LBA48 kernel (if you have a large hard drive) and make sure you kill the intrid and copy over your author file before you reboot. You don't have to flash your rom, if your unit is already hacked.

I know I'm supposed to be an old hand, but it's been a long time, so I posted here.

I haven't ever worked with slices, always with images, so I need to learn that.

I do want to keep my season passes and stuff, so that seems the best route.

Now I have to learn all over again.

LOL

Dennis

echo "mls /SwSystem" | tivosh
    This command will tell you if you have new software ready to be installed.

Quote Originally Posted by dsboyce8624 View Post
    I know I'm supposed to be an old hand, but it's been a long time, so I posted here.

I haven't ever worked with slices, always with images, so I need to learn that.

I do want to keep my season passes and stuff, so that seems the best route.

Now I have to learn all over again.

LOL

Dennis

It's not that easy.

Only one has a net card of the 5 I have.

And they haven't plugged into a phone in years.

I'm going to read up, download the slices I want, the hacks I want, and do it right.

But thanks!

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by dsboyce8624 View Post
    It's not that easy.

Only one has a net card of the 5 I have.

And they haven't plugged into a phone in years.

I'm going to read up, download the slices I want, the hacks I want, and do it right.

But thanks!

Dennis
    It MAY be about that easy!! The slices are downloaded via the satellite, so the systems may have them ready to install. I'm not 'up' on the current S1 hacks, but you may be able to transfer them via serial cable. If so, if so, it's pretty darn easy.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

The way we handle scrambling has changed
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=31213

What software version are you on, are you using any large (>120Gig) drives and what slice files, if any, have already been loaded into SW via the satellite?

As long as you have bash prompt you should be able to update without pulling your drive. Serial cable works fine.

slice files for the previous version
    ed2k://|file|S1-Dtivo-3.5-01-1-slices-all-models-AlphaWolf_HK.rar|11094829|B8B220702FAC8ABB2C6D583361909C8F|p=E8298FDC3E38F07DFB6BBD12CB7C6EFD:879636 5EBA7347B2058C85A57867E715|h=3AY366QLPGUS4A4DTMFEPJ5O3VCHRC3K|/
    Last edited by newbie; 03-15-2007 at 10:49 AM.