Thread: HDMI Problem

HDMI Problem

My HDMI went south last week. I think this is a firmware update issue. Has anyone else have problems? hjs

The HR10-250 is notoriously bad for its HDMI output port. There's a company that fixes them. They advertise on the web. Also, there is a newer HDMI card that apparently works fine. Mine went bad, and they sent me a new one (refurb actually - this was almost 2 years ago) and it's HDMI port also didn't work. I sent my old one back to them. I finally gave up, sent off my HDMI card and paid a $100 bucks to have it fixed. Worked ever since. DTV didn't do a good job of support on these, prolly because they were working on their own which is now here. Still, this is the best DTIVO out there if you want HD.
    Last edited by tinman; 04-29-2007 at 01:35 PM.

Is the HDMI card removable in the HR-250?

Quote Originally Posted by jerryray View Post
    Is the HDMI card removable in the HR-250?
    In theory. Though I've never tried it. You can see some pictures of the two styles of connectors to the motherboard in my post about the bad hdmi port issue on my site.

Quote Originally Posted by henren View Post
    My HDMI went south last week. I think this is a firmware update issue. Has anyone else have problems? hjs
    This is a known problem with the HR10, but you are asking in a forum designated for the non-TiVo systems such as the HR20. Which do you have?

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

To answer your question, the HDMI card IS easily removable and the unit will work without it so you can send it off and keep watching HD using the other outputs.

Sorry I did not say but it is a HR20. hjs

Quote Originally Posted by PlainBill View Post
    This is a known problem with the HR10, but you are asking in a forum designated for the non-TiVo systems such as the HR20. Which do you have?

PlainBill

Sorry I did not say but it is a HR20. hjs
    I've got an HR20, and have not had any problems with HDMI. Have you tried rebooting the system? Also, a call to DirecTV might be in order.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Issue Resolved

Thread can go away. For reasons I will not get into here I had to have my TV replaced. THE HDMI issue was with the TV not the reciever. The HDMI works just fine on the new TV.

hjs

Me Too!

Long time lurker, first post... but I've been scouring for this issue for the past few days. My HDMI went out on the HR20 Tuesday for no apparent reason. D* is no help.

Until this post popped up, I thought I was the only one. My guess is firmware as well, but it's just that... a guess.