Thread: HR10-250 - Corrupting Drives

HR10-250 - Corrupting Drives

I have a wierd problem. Have had an HR10-250 for at least a year now, but recently I have gone through at least 3 hard drives. What happens they load fine and run for a few hours and then the system reboots a few times. Eventually causing it to go into a loop or a GSOD. I tried a few drives - some 3.1.f and some 6.3c. Obviously this is a receiver issue not a faulty drive. Has this happened to anyone before? Does it sound like an over-heating issue? I don't have a chance right now to check the log or temp. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks. TD

If it were overheating, I would expect that you'd see a message onscreen about that. Might there be electrical dropouts or excessive vibration?

It may be a faulty component on the motherboard, though that is very rare.
    Steve

I cleaned the box up with some canned air, disconnected all the cables and only connected the necessary cables. Rebooted. The drive is not corrupted to the GSOD, but it still reboots on its own. Nothing particular causes the reboot. It lasted for 3 hours one time and 15 minutes another. No vibrations. It is on a solid shelf. I guess the board is going bad. Any other suggestions? Thanks guys.

TD

Check the PS voltages to the drive. Should be +12 and +5V. They should not be changing or low.