Thread: drive type limitations

drive type limitations

I am looking to upgrade my HR10-250 with a 500gb drive. I found a Seagate ST3500630A drive, which uses perpendicular technology.

from Seagate

Seagate 500GB
    16MB Buffer ATA-100 Hard Drive
    Where performance and reliability unite. The Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 perpendicular disc drive boasts the industry’s highest capacity— up to 500GB per drive—to provide pure digital storage for all your ATA application needs.

Will this drive work with the Tivo? I have read here that some drives do not get along with the Tivo's.

thanks in advance
    Vega

It will work fine. In fact, any IDE drive that's of the same capacity or larger than the original drive will work in any Tivo. There are just some drives that tend to be more reliable in a Tivo environment than others. Seagates and Western Digitals seem to be the drives of choice for most of us.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

thanks for your input captain