Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spamming MORONS Read This

Spamming MORONS Read This

Every single time you post your useless spam here, it gets LOGGED, with lots of information, including the original message (we don't hard delete them). As you have noticed bunch of your proxies are no longer working for you, that is because we are banning all of them and soon will block ALL open proxies. As far as real IPs go, and your garbage websites domains (and their IP address), I'm compiling a list of all that crap and will provide it to some friends of mine that can create a nice DOS attack.

I hope you all choke and die or get hit by a bus! Thank you very much!

P.S: If you have not noticed yet, you are not getting a single lead from this site anymore, because your POS posts get deleted just as fast as your username gets blocked along with its IP address! Haha!
    Last edited by Vadim; 07-03-2007 at 05:47 PM.
    - Vadim
    Administrator

Cheers! Good riddance.

Finally.

I noticed the spam volume has dropped immensely...

Most are probably bots anyway.
    Tip: When linking to a post change showpost.php to showthread.php Before After

2 x HDVR2, 1 x SD-DVR40 (All 160 GB, superpatched, tivoweb, crond, inetd (vserver,tserver), mfs_ftp, usb2.0, endpad)

Quote Originally Posted by TivoWare View Post
    Most are probably bots anyway.
    How are they going around captcha?
    - Vadim
    Administrator

Some common methods are:

1. Computer recognition - most captchas aren't that hard to decipher
    2. An army of people (often in China) whose job it is to fill in captchas.

Note that they tend to head for forum sections with "general" in the name.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Vadim View Post
    How are they going around captcha?
    Here's a tip from the VB folks on making the captcha more secure.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211647

Quote Originally Posted by fixn278 View Post
    Here's a tip from the VB folks on making the captcha more secure.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211647
    I saw that earlier yestarday and was looking over what I could add, I made a few changes today again, let's see if these morons will keep trying to spam.
    - Vadim
    Administrator

I saw that earlier yestarday and was looking over what I could add, I made a few changes today again, let's see if these morons will keep trying to spam.
    Not great circumstances, but great to see you! Memory of old times on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dylan View Post
    Not great circumstances, but great to see you! Memory of old times on the forum.
    Likewise!
    My presence here was very vague for quite some time now, I've been floating around the mythtv area.. I wonder if I add this as one of the categories here would anyone be interested? My recent projects was making mythtv frontend run on Apple TV and I got it was sucessful. I'm now working on a useful remote control for Apple TV the idea is to utilize a JP1 capable remote with either the built-in IR (can't figure out where to start) or with a USB IR dongle (in the mail).

I'm hoping to possible get back into TiVo with Series 3 stuff but I feel like such a noob as so much has changed since dtivo days.
    - Vadim
    Administrator

I've been floating around the mythtv area.. I wonder if I add this as one of the categories here would anyone be interested? My recent projects was making mythtv frontend run on Apple TV ...
    Your philosophy was always "big tent, all are welcome" and a renewal of that, with expansion into new related areas, would be exciting.
    I'm hoping to possibly get back into TiVo with Series 3 stuff ... so much has changed since dtivo days
    In many respects the technical aspects have simplified, though the political landscape is fearfully complex and public discussion (which as a principle I favor and I know you always did), has some hairs on it.

You should private talk with bcc, Omikron and S3Hackers, a few of your most interesting current guests here.

Alright! Victory!
    - Vadim
    Administrator

Thanks for restoring the forum to a level of sanity. Great to hear from you again, BTW.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Amen! Have to say it twice to meet the minimum character count:
    Amen!
    David R. Hill............... TivoWeb Hack Manager
    Chebeague Island........From the land of champions:
    Casco Bay..................The Boston Red Sox
    Maine........................The New England Patriots
    58.5 gig HDR-112 since October, 2000
    240 gig, 306 hours since January, 2004 (same machine)
    120 gig DSR6000 DirecTiVo

"There are 10 kinds of people -- those who count in binary and those who don't."