Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New TWP module: NoReRecord

New TivowebPlus module: Manage NoReRecord List

I have created a new module to maintain the TiVo's NoReRecord list. This list is used to prevent automatic recording of shows within 30 days of their deletion or cancellation from the TiVo. (Others have referred to it as the "28-day rule", so maybe the timing is different on different systems.)

This module allows you to see the shows on the NoReRecord list. Using the new TWP client-side-sort feature, you can arrange the list by series, date, etc. You can also filter the list by Program, Date or Cancel Reason. There are two check boxes available:
    Keep - Resets the Cancel date to prevent the show from dropping off the NoReRecord list. This extends the time until the show will be rerecorded, by the number of days selected in "Keep Duration".
    Remove - Deletes the show from the NoReRecord list. This allows the TiVo to automatically record this show the next time it is available.

The first column (NoReRecord Date) indicates when the Tivo will consider a show eligible for auto-recording again. This is the value that is changed by the Keep option.

I've attached the module to this post. To install: copy norerecord.itcl to your modules folder and twp_tablefilter.js to your scripts folder and restart TWP. Note that this requires the latest TWP 2.1.b3.

Please use at your own risk. I have tested this on my systems, but I'd like some feedback from folks with other software versions. I'd also like any suggestions on how to make this more useful.

EDIT: updated attachment to v1.6 to add support for 2.1.b3
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SteveT; 03-13-2008 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Updated attachment to support TWP 2.1.b3
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    Please use at your own risk. I have tested this on my systems, but I'd like some feedback from folks with other software versions. I'd also like any suggestions on how to make this more useful.
    Do you need to list the TIVOR entries?

I modified code as to not list TIVOR entires since they will not override set recordings, and I would be concerned that a no-rerecord on TIVOR would mean no guide data download for an extended period of time. I am sure there is a better way to accomplish this but here is what I did. I tied this in with tivoweb.cfg ShowTivorEntries setting and code. Quick test on my machine as worked as planned.

Code:
    RetryTransaction {
            set rec [db $db openid $fsid ]
            set creason [dbobj $rec get CancelReason]
    	set canceldate [dbobj $rec get CancelDate]
    	set canceldatestr [clock format [expr $canceldate * 86400] -format "%1m/%1d/%Y"]
            set show [dbobj $rec get Showing]
            set station [dbobj $show get Station]
            set callsign [dbobj $station get CallSign]        
            norerecord_showinfo $show inf
            set id [dbobj $inf(program) get TmsId]
            set id2 [dbobj $inf(program) fsid]
          }
    Code:
         if { $callsign != "TIVOR" || $::conf(ShowTivorEntries) == 1 } {
            set td_keep [td [html_form_checkbox "cb_keep_$fsid" ""]]
            set td_rmv [td [html_form_checkbox "cb_rmv_$fsid" ""]]

puts $chan [tr "" [td $canceldatestr] [td $inf(oad)] [td $inf(date)] [td $inf(title)] [td $inf(episode)] [td $reason] $td_keep $td_rmv ]
            incr numlisted
          }
    (2) UltimateTV - upgraded w/160GB
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    (3) HR21 (2) with AM21 & internal 2TB Seagate
    RandC

Using the new TWP client-side-sort feature, you can arrange the list by series, date, etc.
    I am still getting caught up on TWP 2.0, what and where is this feature?
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    RandC

Quote Originally Posted by RandC View Post
    Do you need to list the TIVOR entries?....
    Excellent suggestion. I'll incorporate it into the next update.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

I am still getting caught up on TWP 2.0, what and where is this feature?
    In any of the tables which list shows, you can click on a column heading, and the table will be sorted (client-side) based on that column. Click it again to sort descending. If the list is very long (such as NoReRecord can get), it takes a few seconds.

In any of the tables which list shows, you can click on a column heading, and the table will be sorted (client-side) based on that column. Click it again to sort descending. If the list is very long (such as NoReRecord can get), it takes a few seconds.
    Well now that's just awesome!
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    RandC

Do you need to list the TIVOR entries?
    I have modified the code based on RandC's suggestion. TIVOR entries (nightly downloads) are now ignored by this list, so they will not be affected by updates.

See first post for new version.

Yep, this is what I needed. I emptied the deleted folder then cleared them fro the list and not I see them in the todo list. Thanks

One suggestion, can the check mark or some indicator remain on the ones I have already marked as keep? I assume that is a permanent block so I don't have to worry about them making the todo list again unless I change the setting????

Quote Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
    Yep, this is what I needed. I emptied the deleted folder then cleared them fro the list and not I see them in the todo list. Thanks
    Cool.
    One suggestion, can the check mark or some indicator remain on the ones I have already marked as keep? I assume that is a permanent block so I don't have to worry about them making the todo list again unless I change the setting????
    No, "keep" just moves the cancel date out to 60 days from current date, so you'll need to "keep" them again within 90 days. I'm probably going to change that, but I'm not sure how best to handle it yet.

How about some channel numbers to show which station it is showing on?
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    RandC

This looks like exactly what I have been looking for. However I cant understand one thing in the firs post. What does
    "This extends the time until the show will be rerecorded."
    mean?

Quote Originally Posted by ciper View Post
    This looks like exactly what I have been looking for. However I cant understand one thing in the firs post. What does
    "This extends the time until the show will be rerecorded."
    mean?
    Shows on the NoReRecord list have a CancelDate value that is set when the show is deleted or cancelled. Normally, a show stays on the list until its CancelDate exceeds 30 days in the past. (Today, August 10th, shows with CancelDate of July 11th will be dropped from NoReRecord). When a show is dropped from the NoReRecord list, reruns of that show will then be added to the ToDo list (for Season Passes and WishLists).

So, "Keep"ing a show using the module simply changes the CancelDate by resetting it to 60 days in the future. For example, I just "kept" a show which had an August 7 CancelDate, and the module changed the date to October 10. If I never touch that entry again, that show might be added to the To-Do list on October 11.

I hope that helped explain it a bit better.

I think I'll be changing the 60 days, but I'm not sure what to change it to, or if I should make it user-selectable, or what.

Is it possible to display the date? Otherwise we have to keep track of the date for each deleted show.

If you make it user selectable then you are my savior.
    Does the setting have a year value? If not could I set the expiry for 11 months and 30 days?

Is it possible to display the date? Otherwise we have to keep track of the date for each deleted show.
    The CancelDate is the first column of the table. (Or are you asking about another date?)

Don't forget you can sort by clicking the heading, then you can see the ones which will expire soonest at the top.