Thread: TivoHD Prom chip

TivoHD Prom chip

I didn't find this information anywhere on the net in any of the reviews yet, but figured it would be a good idea to post it up.
    The TivoHD has the SST 37VF010 PROM chip installed on the mobo. The sticker covering the chip part # reads:
    CBOM-0014-000 v1.04

I tried taking a picture but it doesn't want to seem to come out right with all the glare off the components

I don't think I am going to PROM mod this one just yet, but I may just go get another one to toy with. For $300 Tivo hacking is now a (relatively) cheap hobby again!

Quote Originally Posted by WTFover View Post
    I didn't find this information anywhere on the net in any of the reviews yet, but figured it would be a good idea to post it up.
    The TivoHD has the SST 37VF010 PROM chip installed on the mobo. The sticker covering the chip part # reads:
    CBOM-0014-000 v1.04

I tried taking a picture but it doesn't want to seem to come out right with all the glare off the components

I don't think I am going to PROM mod this one just yet, but I may just go get another one to toy with. For $300 Tivo hacking is now a (relatively) cheap hobby again!
    I should have a PROM mod ready for this within a day or so of getting the unit. I haven't gotten my unit yet, so I don't have the PROM info for it yet. ;-)

Hm... On that note, I'd be willing to do a free PROM socket/install for the first person to send me their TivoHD box. It would save me the money of buying my own box, and make some lucky owner very happy.

The offer does not include shipping. PM me for details.

How tight are the components on the TivoHD motherboard. The first few pics on the web look like there isn't much open space around the PROM chip.

Plenty of space around the PROM chip. There is a silk screen around the PROM, which looks like the outline of a socket. There is one transistor that is closer than the others but nothing I wouldn't be overly concerned about. Omikron, you have PM regarding your offer. I will try experimenting with some different lighting in order to get a better picture of the PROM area and post it up.
    Last edited by WTFover; 07-29-2007 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omikron View Post
    Hm... On that note, I'd be willing to do a free PROM socket/install for the first person to send me their TivoHD box. It would save me the money of buying my own box, and make some lucky owner very happy.

The offer does not include shipping. PM me for details.
    I have two offers pending on this right now, and I'm sure we'll have some working PROM patches posted here in the near future. Thanks everyone!

PROM has been removed and read. The checksum on the original read is 014CE115H. Patching is in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by Omikron View Post
    Nice. Should we assume the null-initrd hack worked as usual to break the rest of the chain of trust and you're up and running with hacks?

Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    Nice. Should we assume the null-initrd hack worked as usual to break the rest of the chain of trust and you're up and running with hacks?
    Still working on verifying everything else. The only thing I'm 100% about so far is that the modified PROM image boots fine.

I've been very busy over the last few days, but I did finally get a chance to verify that replace_initrd works just fine on the TiVo HD and the PROM patches I posted.

Enjoy!

Anyone still doing Prom hacks for the TivoHD?

I am still looking to get 2 done

Thanks

It's your lucky day - Omikron just started up again:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=53722
    1 RCA DVR80 (RID + 6.2a on 500GB)
    1 Samsung SIR-4080R (RID + 6.2a on 500GB)