Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TCF sold to capable networks

TCF sold to capable networks

David Bott anounced today that he's sold tivocommunity.com to Capable Networks, the same company who owns dvrplayground.com.

Quote Originally Posted by rbautch View Post
    David Bott anounced today that he's sold tivocommunity.com to Capable Networks, the same company who owns dvrplayground.com.
    Do you think anything will change?

I wonder if they'll continue to auto-delete any link here to DDB.

Quote Originally Posted by Narf54321 View Post
    I wonder if they'll continue to auto-delete any link [t]here to DDB.
    I would certainly hope so!

If they don't, the insult would be devastating.

Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanesco
    Hmm...So I take it that this means that this forum will now have an admin that can actually spell?

David Bott licks balls.

I posted a response indicating my hope that certain discussions would be allowed under the new owners. The post was gone when I checked back five minutes later.

I wonder if the new owners will delete any links to Weaknees.com? I believe dvrplayground is the forum for DVRUpgrade.com, IIRC, who also owns the licensing rights to the killhdinitrd hack. It will be interesting to see if they change the politics currently in place at the TCF.

Update: I posted again to clarify my original statement and it must have ticked somebody off. I just got suspended from the TCF for five days for speaking my mind (i.e., not kissing David Bott's a$$). I'll try not to lose any sleep over it.
    Last edited by captain_video; 08-31-2007 at 09:22 AM.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Sorry to anyone I offend, but IMO there are a lot of mindless lemmings that frequent that site.

Quote Originally Posted by captain_video View Post
    I posted a response indicating my hope that certain discussions would be allowed under the new owners. The post was gone when I checked back five minutes later.
    Despite being sold, I think David Butt is still hiding behind the scenes in some admin capacity.

There's nothing in the street
    Looks any different to me
    And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye
    And the parting on the left
    Is now the parting on the right
    And the beards have all grown longer overnight

Meet the new boss
    Same as the old boss

Who dat?....
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Wow, all I asked in that thread was how many responses had been removed so far. My post was nuked in less than 2 minutes.

Maybe it is run by Fox news and the government? Only letting us know what they want us to know.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpenguin View Post
    Maybe it is run by Fox news and the government? Only letting us know what they want us to know.

I think you mean CNN and the government. CNN the unofficial lapdog of the DNC. Yes sir Ms. Pelosi! We will silence talk radio!

Quote Originally Posted by captain_video View Post
    Who dat?....
    Precisely.