Thread: Partial Recording???

Question TyTools Stopped pulling whole file (just 2-3mb) chunk, Plz Help.

I've never had this problem till today.

If I record something new, it plays back fine on Tivo, but when I pull the file with tytools10r4, I see that it downloaded (for example) 200mb, but only get a 3mb file of 3 seconds.

Not sure whats going on. Plz help.

I have:
    Series2 - 540
    7.3.1-oth-01-2-540
    Last edited by Offspring2099; 09-10-2007 at 03:13 PM. Reason: further analyzed the problem.
    S3 / TCD648250b - Socketed
    Audio out of sync

I can download the whole file in tystream mode.

But when I try to convert ty to mpeg using multiplex mode. It only converts a very small portion, a few mega bytes.

Debug keeps spitting out "Main Pump: Bad Chunk! Skipping!" on the screen.

Attached is the txt debug, little different.

Please help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Audio out of sync

Am I really the only person with this problem? If someone experienced this, please shed some light on this.

Last night I've manually updated using ScanMan's instructions.
    To: 9.1-01-2-540
    On a 540, PROM chipped, replace_intirid unit.

I used Jamie's (I believe) ported USB driver(2.4.20/usbnet.o).
    And used the Superpatch version 1.13.

The update was a success, but I still can't pull newly recorded vids to my pc. This is very frustrating. Tytools goes through the upload, and it looks like it's working, but in reality all I get is a small file, a few seconds worth. I'm so lost. Someone please help.
    Audio out of sync

Sounds like the tytool multiplexing isn't working. Have you tried tytompeg or TySuiteJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Sounds like the tytool multiplexing isn't working. Have you tried tytompeg or TySuiteJ?
    You may be right. Because I CAN get the ty file using tytools, but tytools will not mux it, also tytompeg will not mux the file, I get weird msgs(attached).

Could tserver file be damaged. I'll re upload that next. Or if tytools uses .NET, could there be a problem with my .NET environment. I'll take an update from Microsoft too to see what happens.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Audio out of sync

Quote Originally Posted by Offspring2099 View Post
    You may be right. Because I CAN get the ty file using tytools, but tytools will not mux it, also tytompeg will not mux the file, I get weird msgs(attached).

Could tserver file be damaged. I'll re upload that next. Or if tytools uses .NET, could there be a problem with my .NET environment. I'll take an update from Microsoft too to see what happens.
    Try fetching the ty file with a different tool, for example, mfs_uberexport or mfs_ftp.
    Last edited by Jamie; 11-03-2007 at 06:21 PM.

Try fetching the ty file with a different tool, for example, mfs_uberexport or mfs_ftp.
    Will do. I've re uploaded a new tserver file, just because I'm paranoid and thought that it was damaged, but no dice.
    Audio out of sync

I installed mfs_ftp and retrieved the ty file with an ftp through port 3105.
    I tried to mux it with tytools and tytompg.exe, but I get the same results. First few frames get muxed and the rest get garbaged. Something tells me that my ty files on the Tivo are messed up.

One thing I would like to note. I've noticed that this problem started after a cable guy came to our house and messed with stuff. Could a low signal be causing bad recordings on Tivo (I'm completely stabbing in the dark here).
    Thank you for your time.
    Audio out of sync

Using TySuiteJ:

I downloaded the ty file and still can't convert using tytompg or tytools.

But (and this is really pissing me off ), TySuiteJ will convert when I use the MPG button, (MPEG Video) in the "save as.." option.
    Audio out of sync