Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beta: sendkeyplus for software 6.1 and higher

Release: sendkeyplus for software 6.1 and higher

The attached zip file contains source and a prebuilt executable for software v6.1 and higher. Sendkeyplus requires and relies upon the routerplus kernel module, which replaces the stock tivo router.o. You can find routerplus here.

Code:
    Usage: sendkeyplus [options] <keyname> [<keyname>...]
            Send one or more keypress events to TiVo software v6.1 and higher.
            sendkeyplus requires alldeadhomiez' routerplus kernel module,
            see http://www.pvrhax0r.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=51

Options:
              -l        List all possible keypress events
              -w        Wait for acknowledgment after sending each event
              -t <msec> Timeout after waiting <msec> milliseconds for ack
              -p <msec> Pause <msec> milliseconds between events
              -r        Treat arguments as raw event numbers instead of names
              -v        Verbose mode

Note:   The keypress event names are case-insensitive
                    NUM0 through NUM9 can be written as 0 through 9
                    The default pause (unless specified) is 1000
                    Options -w and -t have aliases -wait and -waitTimeOut

sendkeyplus v1.1
    Notes:
    1. Sendkeyplus has been tested on versions 6.2 through 9.1 and automatically prevents timeouts on 6.x/7.x when sending remote events.
    2. The options build upon those of MuscleNerd's 4.x sendkey, thus you can specify multiple key names (separated by spaces) anywhere on the command line, for example, "sendkeyplus -v directv channelup select num2", which should navigate to the nowshowing screen and then toggle groups.
    3. The -w (wait) option reduces the possibility of going too fast for the tivo UI, but in some places, the -w option is *blocking*, which can cause sendkeyplus to hang. Use the -t option to prevent this.
    4. The "-t <msecs>" (timeout) option allows a user to specify a timeout value to prevent sendkeyplus from hanging indefinitely while waiting for acknowledgement.
    5. The "-p <msecs>" (pause) option provides a user with explicit control of the time to wait (in milliseconds) between sending of remote events. If not specified with this flag, sendkeyplus will pause 1000 msec between events.
    6. Sendkeyplus also accepts the older variants of event key names (surfup, surfdown, catchup, etc.) and is compatible with tvlib/tcl/tv/sendkey.tcl in the supported software versions.
    7. Credit goes to alldeadhomiez for routerplus, rpsniff, chanflip and for his help and to jkozee for his code and remote event acknowledgment details.
    Last edited by tivo4mevo; 01-24-2009 at 01:43 PM. Reason: updated to version 1.1 (allows control of HME)

Wow, can't wait to try it when you post it.

I really appreciate all your contributions.

Nice. I gave this hell on my dsr708 (6.2a) and HR10 (6.3e) last night with no problems. No lock ups or anything (I did piss my g/f off quite a bit with it though). The timeout issue is kinda annoying, but it's easy enough to work around. Thanks!

I expected greater fanfare when someone finally figured out how to do with this with routerplus, so let me provide some of it: Excellent job, tivo4mevo! This might be enough to dust off the iPaq and look at tivowebplus again for controlling the DTV for my kids.

Any chance of you providing the source? I tried tackling this a while back, but my C was too rusty and my *nix skills in the programming area are basically nil, so I could never get the thing to respond. I am interested in some other things that routerplus opens up, and the sendkey sample might be just what what the doctor ordered to get over the hump.

eager

I'm very eager to try this. I've attempted to install routerplus per alldeadhomiez's README. sadly, I mucked my tivo up and I'm in a infinite reboot loop. OH crap!

Regardless, I have some good news for tivo4mevo. I was groveling to alldeadhomiez for a working sendkey for my DTiVo S2. So if this works for me I will have to give you my bounty. One good deed deserves another.

Anyone care to tell me how to correctly install routerplus. I think I missed an important step
    Last edited by jsmmd; 09-18-2007 at 11:34 PM.

Works great on a TiVoHD running 8.1.7c2. I'll try an S3 too.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jsmmd View Post
    I'm very eager to try this. I've attempted to install routerplus per alldeadhomiez's README. sadly, I mucked my tivo up and I'm in a infinite reboot loop. OH crap!

Regardless, I have some good news for tivo4mevo. I was groveling to alldeadhomiez for a working sendkey for my DTiVo S2. So if this works for me I will have to give you my bounty. One good deed deserves another.

Anyone care to tell me how to correctly install routerplus. I think I missed an important step
    If you're going to 'beta test' these kinds of software hacks, you should look at putting in a stoploop (a.k.a. "hackemr") setup with a new panic code. With the new kickstart (panic) code from your remote control, it bypasses the full system startup and provides you with basic network access and bash shell to edit and fix things. Obviously you would need to put in the newer drivers and any other updates/changes for the newer system software, but it is far better than having to pull apart the Tivo unit to remove the hard drive each time.

Noted. Thank you. I'll just retreat to the corner for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Narf54321 View Post
    If you're going to 'beta test' these kinds of software hacks, ...

If you're going to 'beta test' these kinds of software hacks, you should look at putting in a stoploop (a.k.a. "hackemr") setup with a new panic code. With the new kickstart (panic) code from your remote control, it bypasses the full system startup and provides you with basic network access and bash shell to edit and fix things. Obviously you would need to put in the newer drivers and any other updates/changes for the newer system software, but it is far better than having to pull apart the Tivo unit to remove the hard drive each time.
    I'm totally off subject here but thanks Narf for the link to heckemr setup, I may need use that someday.
    (2) UltimateTV - upgraded w/160GB
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    (3) HR21 (2) with AM21 & internal 2TB Seagate
    RandC

so smooth, worked perfect first try. Great job!

I edited the sendkey.itcl file to use sendkeyplus if ver > 4 and activated the webremote - Works great. too bad kids already in bed, can't wait to mess with them.

This is the reason why I bring up telnetd and bash over serial early in the boot stage. FWIW, if you look at the latest init framework I posted, it addresses every single one of the previously known problems inherent with doing that, and thus there are no more known drawbacks with doing it.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

mrpenquin, for the less gifted such as myself, can you give a little more detail about which files you edited and the edits you made? I edited sendkey.itcl to read "if {$::version>6} continue". I renamed "sendkeyplus" to "sendkey" and moved it into /hack/TivoWebPlus.

When I started tivoweb v2.0.0-070921, the log reported:

Loading libs...
    util
    sendkey
    NONE can't read "TmkEvent::EVT_MW_STATUS": no such variable
    while executing
    "event register $TmkEvent::EVT_MW_STATUS EventMwStatus"
    invoked from within
    "if {[info exists sendkey_mwstatus] == 0} {
    event register $TmkEvent::EVT_MW_STATUS EventMwStatus
    set sendkey_mwstatus 1
    }"
    ("uplevel" body line 24)
    invoked from within
    "uplevel 1 "$s" "
    html
    index

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by tivo4mevo View Post
    The attached zip file contains an executable for Series2 machines running v6.1 and higher. .....
    How about posting the source code?

Quote Originally Posted by steve90071 View Post
    mrpenquin, for the less gifted such as myself, can you give a little more detail about which files you edited and the edits you made?
    See and continue this subtopic here to keep this thread neet.