Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: re-enable webremote with sendkeyplus

re-enable webremote with sendkeyplus

Here's what I did to re-enable webremote in TWP, it is not the prettiest way, but works:

- Install RouterPlus

- copy SendKeyPlus to your tivo. I put it in the TWP bin_mips dir

edit TWP libs/sendkey.itcl

change
    Code:
    if {$::version>4} continue
    to
    Code:
    if {$::version>4} {

proc SendKey { key } {

exec <location of TWP>/bin_mips/sendkeyplus $key
    } 
    } else {
    and add
    Code:
    }
    just before the SendKeyAndWait proc

Then remove the line
    Code:
    if {$::version > 4} {continue}
    from the TWP modules/webremote.itcl file

restart TWP and it should work

Thanks for the explanation. I made the modifications as described. TWP booted properly and the web remote appeared. However, when I used the remote it did not work. As an example, when I pushed the mute button, I got the following:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_sendkey '/mute' ''
    couldn't execute "/devbin/sendkey": no such file or directory
    while executing
    "exec $env(TIVO_ROOT)/devbin/sendkey -wait -waitTimeOut 2500 $evrc($key)"
    (procedure "SendKey" line 8)
    invoked from within
    "SendKey $key"
    (procedure "MOD::action_sendkey" line 25)
    invoked from within
    "$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
    (procedure "do_action" line 19)
    invoked from within
    "do_action $action $chan $part $env 1"
    --cut here--

The one edit I made to TWP libs/sendkey.itcl that I wasn't certain of was the instruction to add "}" just before the SendKeyAndWait proc. I added a line with "}" just above the line that reads "proc SendKeyAndWait { key } {".

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by steve90071 View Post
    couldn't execute "/devbin/sendkey": no such file or directory
    while executing
    "exec $env(TIVO_ROOT)/devbin/sendkey -wait -waitTimeOut 2500 $evrc($key)"
    That is the problem. where you have your exec $env(tivo_root)/devbin/sendkey. Did you put sendkey in /devbin/sendkey? if you want, hardcode the dir. like "/twp/bin_mips/sendkey" you are right there, just need to get the sendkey cmd properly done.

as for the } yes, just before the proc. I was not sure if it would work, pretty cool of tcl to allow for proc creation in a if. basically, you are telling TWP to use the new sendkey if the ver is proper, or just do as it did before for sendkey.

mrpenguin:

I'm confused. I do not have a file named "sendkey". I do have "sendkeyplus" and I moved it to /hack/TivoWebPlus/bin_mips per your earlier instructions.

Should I go to /tvlib/tcl/tv/sendkey.tcl and change the references: "exec $env(TIVO_ROOT)/devbin/sendkey..." to "exec $env (TIVO_ROOT)/hack/TivoWebPlus/bin_mips/sendkeyplus..." ?

mrpenguin:

I'm confused. I do not have a file named "sendkey". I do have "sendkeyplus" and I moved it to /hack/TivoWebPlus/bin_mips per your earlier instructions.

Should I go to /tvlib/tcl/tv/sendkey.tcl and change the references: "exec $env(TIVO_ROOT)/devbin/sendkey..." to "exec $env (TIVO_ROOT)/hack/TivoWebPlus/bin_mips/sendkeyplus..." ?
    Where is your TivoWebPlus??? That is the question. Is it in /hack/TivoWebPlus as it appears in your post?
    Then the code above should look like:
    Code:
    if {$::version>4} {

proc SendKey { key } {

exec /hack/TivoWebPlus/bin_mips/sendkeyplus $key
    } 
    } else {
    And your sendkeyplus should be in:
    Code:
    /hack/TivoWebPlus/bin_mips/sendkeyplus
    You need to match the path to the location of sendkeyplus.
    Last edited by ScanMan; 09-24-2007 at 12:48 PM.
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

"exec $env (TIVO_ROOT)/hack/TivoWebPlus/bin_mips/sendkeyplus" ?
    Yes. FYI - it does not hurt the tivo when you try something and it does not work. Have faith in yourself and try your ideas. This time you would have found you were correct.

good luck

new problem

I have been successful in establishing the webremote and I no longer get the "no such file or directory" message when I activate a key on the remote. However, I now get the following message when I activate a key:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_sendkey '/tivo' ''
    Unknown key: 2500
    child process exited abnormally
    while executing
    "exec $env(TIVO_ROOT)/hack/TivoWebPlus/bin_mips/sendkeyplus -wait -waitTimeOut 2500 $evrc($key)"
    invoked from within
    "SendKey $key"
    invoked from within
    "$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
    invoked from within
    --cut here--

I guess it doesn't understand key 2500. Unfortunately, neither do I. I'm guessing the 2500 is a millisecond delay command that sendkeyplus does not recognize but, if so, I don't know what to do about it. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by steve90071; 09-25-2007 at 07:48 PM. Reason: correct spelling erro

not sure, do other keys work? tivo key works on a 540

I hate to be the one to ask this, but did you make an updated routerplus.o or did you use of the the existing files supplies by all alldeadhomiez.

I'm leary of blowing up my DTV S2 again. I'm running 6.2-01-2-321

Pretty sure it was straight out of the zip. I did make other apps (run independent) and changed around the sniffer app, but the router.o stayed the same. Did you rename the original router.o to router.old and copy the routerplus to router.o?

Honestly, if you are leary of blowing up a tivo, again, you should not play like this. Webremote is not really a needed thing for a tivo you cannot afford to mess up and rebuild if something is really hosed.

I followed the directions, but there's a good chance I used the wrong file. Don't have a time machine to be sure....

I NEED webremote. I have a video out in my homeoffice from my DTiVo in the family room. It would be handy to use webremote vs. getting up every 15 mins when a show stinks....

Since stoploop is installed, I guess I'll try it again...

Quote Originally Posted by mrpenguin View Post
    Pretty sure it was straight out of the zip. I did make other apps (run independent) and changed around the sniffer app, but the router.o stayed the same. Did you rename the original router.o to router.old and copy the routerplus to router.o?

Honestly, if you are leary of blowing up a tivo, again, you should not play like this. Webremote is not really a needed thing for a tivo you cannot afford to mess up and rebuild if something is really hosed.
    Last edited by jsmmd; 09-26-2007 at 08:38 AM.

mrpenguin:

I'm running 6.3e on a hr10-250 using twp v.070925. I can use sendkeyplus as a standalone program, ie "bash sendkeyplus -v TIVO" and it works. But, using the webremote it produces the error:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_sendkey '/tivo' ''
    Unknown key: 2500
    child process exited abnormally
    while executing
    "exec $env(TIVO_ROOT)/hack/TivoWebPlus/bin_mips/sendkeyplus -wait -waitTimeOut 2500 $evrc($key)"
    invoked from within
    "SendKey $key"
    invoked from within
    "$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
    invoked from within
    --cut here--

Strange!!!

steve90071 why do you have the other parameters in the cmd? the 2500 lost key = your wait timeout value I bet. look at the CMD I had, simple sendkey $key. no other parameters. try that.

jsmmd, sorry, but no real clue on what is up. First guess is routerplus is not installed properly (replacing router.o with new ver and REBOOTING). Have you looked into a remote extender, or an RF remote, like the all-in-one 9910 or so, they work great.

Since it seems both of you have DTivo units and I have standalone, maybe a post on the SendKeyPlus thread about these issues, as it is still beta.

thanks, I moved the posting back there. routerplus was installed right. backup old, copy new, reboot.

mrpenguin: Thanks for you help. But still no cigar! By eliminating the 2500 reference and just using ($key) I avoid the error message, but the remote commands have no effect on my tivo. I think the problem rests with sendkey.tcl which resides in /tvlib/tcl/tv on my tivo. When I activate a button on the remote the command apparently goes to sendkey.tcl and never gets to sendkeyplus. In your setup, is there a sendkey.tcl file and, if so, does it then transfer commands to the sendkeyplus file you have in (twp)/bin_mips?