Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus 2.1 Testing and Development

TivoWebPlus 2.1 Testing and Development

I've decided to open up this thread because there's a blurring of support requests in the TWP2 thread.

When posting about an issue, please include your version, the output from the version check on the info page (if you're running anything but a pure bundle... i.e. no external mods), and check the log file for anything suspicious.
    Former Tivo Hacker (retired)

I've been thinking that an external bug tracker would help keep bugs from falling through the cracks... if anyone knows of a free bug tracker (not just the s/w... we don't have a server), that's reasonably good, please pipe up.

Additionally, I'm trying to unify some of the handling of issues like genres across different platforms. Since I have a very homogenous setup (all dtivos running 6.2a), it's quite difficult. If there are any kind souls out there who could give me remote access to machines running 6.3 (hr10), 7.x, 8.x, and 9.1, it should help enormously in this endeavor.
    Last edited by BTUxNine; 10-09-2007 at 04:53 PM. Reason: remote access begging

Throg Guest
    I grabbed the files from CVS and after wrestling with DOS line endings, I got it to start up. I noticed this problem with 2.0 and upped to 2.1 to see if this was a pre-addressed issue; it's not.
    Looking at UI/NPL what should be the Tivo Suggestions folder is showing up as whatever the most recent show in the list is titled with a (# of suggestions). I hope you can understand what I mean. If not, I can do some screen shots.
    Last edited by Throg; 12-25-2007 at 10:06 AM.

It's probably a 9.1 issue (to be added to the list of them)

BTU,

I successfully upgraded to v2.1.b0 (oztivo-071004) earlier this week. Unfortunately I am no longer able to upgrade through the web UI. I tried upgrading to tivowebplus-v2.1.b1-071009.tgz and nothing happens. I click the UPDATE button, the "Loading" progress bar in Firefox momentarily starts, and then it returns me to the upgrade form. I have been using the web based upgrade method for a long time, so I am not sure what is wrong.

PS...I am sure I have the file system writeable.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: I had also tried upgrading to tivowebplus-v2.1.b1-071007.tgz and ran into the same problem. I can see the .tgz files in /var/tmp, so I know they are getting over to the Tivo...just looks like something is screwed up after that point.

PSS...I posted this over at the Tivo Community forum. I should have posted it here. Sorry for the double post...but I wanted to be sure everyone benefited from any possible resolution.

yep... I done broke it
    I just found out about 2 hours ago that the update no longer functioned... took about an hour of debugging to find the bug

I should be committing it to CVS tonight, but unfortunately, it'll mean a manual update... sorry about that

it should only require a single file to fix it, if anybody wants to go that route.

Another option: Jamie just compiled a mips CVS... with that, you could grab from anon CVS

p.s. It's p.p.s., not p.s.s. :P

Quote Originally Posted by BTUxNine View Post
    yep... I done broke it

p.s. It's p.p.s., not p.s.s. :P
    Wow....I have been screwing that up for a long long time. Thanks for the tip.

cidrss

I updated cidrss (the caller-id rss feed/log viewer) for 2.1 compatibility. It's got some new features I'd been meaning to add for a while, too:
    • Google, White Pages and Switchboard are all hardcoded for phone number searches
    • Names now searchable on Google
    • Links to most popular searches (today, yesterday, etc) are now available on main page

I also added a country switch for phone number formatting, in case anyone outside of the US is interested.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

cidrss again

Sorry, I forgot that there's a pretty big change with TWP 2.1.b1. I've updated cidrss to be compatible with all 2.0+ versions.

***EDIT*** .03 version fixes tooltips.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by djl; 10-18-2007 at 06:10 PM. Reason: teeny tiny bug fix
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

Is there a changelog somewhere? I have looked but failed to find one.
    Tip: When linking to a post change showpost.php to showthread.php Before After

2 x HDVR2, 1 x SD-DVR40 (All 160 GB, superpatched, tivoweb, crond, inetd (vserver,tserver), mfs_ftp, usb2.0, endpad)

Nope... in general, the log messages in CVS are being used as a changelog (sort of)... oops... were you asking about TWP or cidrss? I was referring to TWP (no idea about cidrss)

There's a history.txt in the cidrss zip file. I got a good laugh thinking anybody besides me would want to read it

Quote Originally Posted by BTUxNine View Post
    Nope... in general, the log messages in CVS are being used as a changelog (sort of)... oops... were you asking about TWP or cidrss? I was referring to TWP (no idea about cidrss)

Latest Package

The GooglePages site is having trouble saving changes at the moment, so to get the latest bundle (071014) use this link
    Last edited by John1980; 10-13-2007 at 06:26 PM.

Scheduling Season Pass via TWP corrupts SP's

TWP 2.1.b1
    Tivo 8.3.1

Has there been any progress in getting Season Passes to work correctly when scheduling them via TWP2b (NpkChannelDefinition problem) ?

If I schedule anything using TWP it doesn't show up in the Tivo SP list. Additionally, anything I then try to schedule after using the TiVO SP Menu AFTER I've used TWP to schedule, gives me an Error #32. If I go back into TWP and delete the SP scheduled via TWP, the TiVo error goes away and I can once again schedule using the Tivo Menu. Bottom line is I can't schedule anything via TWP without corrupting the Tivo SP list. I have also made sure I only tried scheduling something on a channel for which I already have a SP that was scheduled within the Tivo menu (workaround I saw someplace on the forums).

Thanks for any help. I REALLY miss the ability to schedule SP's via TWP.

I don't see the norecord module since upgrading to the new beta version. Will it have to be updated?