Page 47 of 84 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus 2.1 Testing and Development

Throg Guest
    It's about time someone besides me got excited about the folderize module. Scroll back to page 36, post #530, posted by me on May 27th. I did my part and tried to bring attention to it.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    From NPL, just check the desired shows and press "Folderize". It'll take you to a screen where you can name the folder and execute the move. A great feature.

is there something similar to add to the folders/groups that are already listed in the NPL? with the new Series ID for the shows that D* decided to change, the new recordings of the Season Passes are not grouped with the old recordings, I would like to combine them rather than have 2 separate groups/folders? thanks
    Philips DSR704 (Seagate 500GB>>482 Hours)
    Philips DSR704 (Seagate 400GB>>383 Hours)
    Directv R15 (it was free-Directv Promotion)
    Pioneer DVR810H-not in use

Upgrade from 2.0.0

I'm running TWP 2.0.0 on a DTivo S1 and a SAS1 and today I decided I want to update to the latest version of TWP for all of the cool advancement you've made. The update went fine on the SAS1. But on the DTivo S1 I'm getting the following error:

sh: /var/hack/TivoWebPlus/.dist/extract.sh: Permission denied

Am I missing something simple?

Thanks,
    Last edited by captmorgan; 09-22-2008 at 03:04 PM.

telnet into your S1 and chmod 755 extract.sh

Quote Originally Posted by captmorgan View Post
    I'm running TWP 2.0.0 on a DTivo S1 and a SAS1 and today I decided I want to update to the latest version of TWP for all of the cool advancement you've made. The update went fine on the SAS1. But on the DTivo S1 I'm getting the following error:

sh: /var/hack/TivoWebPlus/.dist/extract.sh: Permission denied

Am I missing something simple?

Thanks,
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

rss_util error

I knew it was something easy.

The rest of the install went OK with the exception of both units have the following error in the TWP Log:

rss_util,NONE invalid command name "register_content_handler"
    while executing
    "register_content_handler "rss" "text/xml" "" 0 serve_rss"
    (in namespace eval "::" script line 2)
    invoked from within
    "namespace eval $ns "$s""

Is it something I overlooked?

It's been a while so I had forgotten: you need to do a clean install for 2.1. The error you're seeing is from a 2.0 file that's been deprecated.

Quote Originally Posted by captmorgan View Post
    I knew it was something easy.

The rest of the install went OK with the exception of both units have the following error in the TWP Log:

rss_util,NONE invalid command name "register_content_handler"
    while executing
    "register_content_handler "rss" "text/xml" "" 0 serve_rss"
    (in namespace eval "::" script line 2)
    invoked from within
    "namespace eval $ns "$s""

Is it something I overlooked?
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

A patch for info.itcl

I have a DTiVo in which I had one drive, expanded it to two drives, and then shrunk it down to one drive again. This was done using winmfs. Consequently in the get_space_tcl procedure in info.itcl, when the devlist list of devices is read, the returned string looks like "/dev/hda10 /dev/hda11 /dev/hda12 /dev/hda13 /dev/hda14 /dev/hda15\000/dev/hdb2 /dev/hdb3\000\000\000". In other words, rather than overwriting the end of the entire device list string with 0's, apparently winmfs just puts one 0 where the new device string terminates.

This causes problems with get_space_tcl, which assumes that the entire string is terminated with 0's. Instead, devlist has the elements "/dev/hda15\000/dev/hdb2" and "/dev/hdb3" at the end, neither of which is a legal device and causes a subsequent error when get_space_tcl tries to open them. A workaround is the following patch to devlist:

Code:
    *** info.itcl.orig	Tue Jul 15 12:57:26 2008
    --- info.itcl	Tue Sep 23 02:34:05 2008
    *** 394,399 ****
    --- 394,401 ----
        }
        close $fd

+   regsub {[^A-Za-z0-9/ ]+.*} $devlist {} devlist
    + 
        # Loop through each MFS dev
        foreach {dev} $devlist {
          # Get the length for each partition
    I'm not a tcl expert, but you get the general idea (this patch does work for me). Feel free to improve it if it gets incorporated into info.itcl.

I don't know if this is a winmfs error or not (what's the official TiVo position on terminating strings?-) but there may be a few TiVos out there already which have this in their device strings, and I can't imagine patching all of them.
    Last edited by wundernaut; 09-23-2008 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Possible mea culpa for poor tcl code.

Quote Originally Posted by webdeck View Post
    Update: Patch attached - original version was tivowebplus-v2.1.b3-080715.tgz

When I use Safari to view all wishlist matches, some of the icons usually fail to load because of all of the processing that is being done to generate the page. If it is one of the conflict icons that fails to load, the formatting of the entire page gets messed up, because Safari decides to size the missing image wide enough to display the alt text, which is quite wide.
    So I put together a patch that specifies width and height for the majority of the img tags. This has the extra benefit of letting the page render a little faster as well.
    Thanks,
    -Mike
    This has been added to cvs. Thanks!
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

Firefox3 and TWP 2.1b3

The formatting is all jacked up in Firefox. I get this same problem with sites at work when there is java based drop down menus. I am not a dev but figured I would let you know so it can be tested or looked into.

Thanks,
    -PCP

Quote Originally Posted by PCPackrat View Post
    The formatting is all jacked up in Firefox. I get this same problem with sites at work when there is java based drop down menus. I am not a dev but figured I would let you know so it can be tested or looked into.
    Thanks,
    -PCP
    Been working fine for me. What release of 2.1.b3 are you running? There were a few changes made shortly after FF3 came out.

Also, make sure you've cleared your cache, since changes to CSS don't download otherwise.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

Throg Guest
    Is this a temporary problem?
    Code:
    cvs [update aborted]: connect to 66.35.250.90(66.35.250.90):2401 failed: Connection refused

Quote Originally Posted by Throg View Post
    Is this a temporary problem?
    Code:
    cvs [update aborted]: connect to 66.35.250.90(66.35.250.90):2401 failed: Connection refused
    No, it looks like sourceforge has moved the server tivowebplus is stored on. You'll need to reset your cvs settings to use the new address. The simplest way is to delete and reinstall TivoWebPlus from the "parent" folder, using the new ip address:
    Code:
    cd /usr
    rm -rf TivoWebPlus
    cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@216.34.181.109:/cvsroot/tivowebplus co -r v2-1 -P TivoWebPlus
    Another option is to wait for John1980 to create a new package with the new address included and install it using "update".

After either, the "cvs update" module should work again (until they change the ip again).

Note: BTUx9 warned me about this and suggested I add an option to reset the ip from the TWP menu. I have not done so (yet)

Throg Guest
    Thanks SteveT, but this is what happened:
    Code:
    $ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@216.34.181.109:/cvsroot/tivowebplus co -r v2-1 -P TivoWebPlus
    cvs [checkout aborted]: writing to server: Connection reset by peer

Quote Originally Posted by Throg View Post
    Thanks SteveT, but this is what happened:
    Code:
    $ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@216.34.181.109:/cvsroot/tivowebplus co -r v2-1 -P TivoWebPlus
    cvs [checkout aborted]: writing to server: Connection reset by peer
    Not sure what's going on. This worked for me earlier today, but it no longer does.

UPDATE: It's working again. Must have been something on the sourceforge side. Please try again.
    Last edited by SteveT; 10-03-2008 at 08:23 AM. Reason: works now

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    I continued investigating the features of TWP 2.1.b3 and have updated my list of findings re: Streaming/Downloading :
    1) It now runs in the background and does NOT lock up TWP. BTUx9 mentioned this when he added that feature, but it's cool enough I want to mention it again!
    2) .ty and .tmf downloads use the http: protocol, not ftp: so no additional ports need to be opened.
    3) mfs_ftp is NOT required or used.
    4) the LATEST mfs-utils IS required (mfs_uberexport and vserver, to be exact).
    5) these mfs-utils programs should be placed in your path
    6) if not found in the path, possible mfs_ftp locations are checked
    7) .tmf and .ty downloading calls mfs_uberexport
    8) .asx streaming requires that vserver already be running
    9) the "tivo" download link is the same as the old "view" link. I added "view" back in because I think it's a bit clearer. Both are direct links to the vserver stream and require that vserver be running.
    10) the view option requires that your computer know how to open the tivo:// protocol. I've attached a registry addition for setting it to use Windows Media Player. Please give it a try or advise if you know of a better method.
    11) vserver uses port 8074, so you'll need 8074 open to use asx, view or tivo links.
    This works perfectly when using vserver with mplayer running under Linux but I would like to be able to stream directly from the TiVo while under Windows and I don't want to use TyShow. So, here's a quick question:

I can easily download from the tmf and ty links from the UI->NPL section and then play the saved file using VLC (latest version).
    The question is: why can't VLC connect directly to the links and stream the video file?

In case that it helps, the error returned by VLC is:

access_http debug: protocol 'HTTP' answer code 200
    access_http debug: Server: tivoweb/fun
    access_http debug: Connection: close
    access_http debug: this frame size=0
    access_http debug: Content-Type: application/ty
    main debug: using access module "access_http"
    main debug: TIMER module_Need() : 1348.000 ms - Total 1348.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1348.000 ms)
    qt4 debug: New Event: type 1103
    qt4 debug: Updating the stream status: 2
    main debug: Using AStream*Stream
    main debug: pre-buffering...
    main error: cannot pre fill buffer

Hope someone can help...
    Last edited by xfx; 10-10-2008 at 02:24 AM.