Page 51 of 83 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus 2.1 Testing and Development

OK, I've modified rec.itcl (see attached) in /libs to always append an episode number to the episode title either in the format (x/y) or (x) when a show is episodic, and to a identify a single showing as either a Movie, Event, or Single Showing, when it is not.

Here are all the use cases (could not find a non-episodic Sports Event to test with).

EastEnders Omnibus - Episode (236) The police investigation into Max's accident gets underway, with Jack being held up as the police's main suspect.

The Ascent of Money - Human Bondage (2/6) Niall explores the bond market, tracing its rise in Renaissance Italy and its role in the creation of powerfully rich families such as the Rothschilds.

Charles Wheeler: Edge of Fame - Single Episode A tribute to one of journalism's most dedicated yet modest professionals, Charles Wheeler.

Something of Value - Movie A man raised in Kenya looks for a peaceful solution to Mau Mau terror, but the violence turns him into a vengeful man.

The Barristers - No Episode Title Insight into the world of a barrister and the struggle to survive in their profession.

Give it a go.
    Attached Files Attached Files

what happened to asx

I got the latest twp from cvs. With previous versions I always had the options asx and ty from the now playing list page. Now its tmf and ty. What is tmf? More importantly, how can I get it to stream asx again? My wife uses that feature all the time to stream content from our tivo and watch it on her notebook. Hopefully you guys aren't going to respond and tell me tmf and asx are the same thing, if so I apologize, due to a hard drive failure in my Winbloze box I'm not able to test it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick at da Mill View Post
    What (Where) is the NPL "series view"?
    If you click on a show title in the NPL it takes you to the Series view - which is supposed to show those episodes already on your tivo, and those episodes that are yet to air. If you follow back through my posts (and the replied I've gotten), you will see that TWP is not correctly displaying those episodes that are already on my tivo for some of the series I record.

Quote Originally Posted by ocntscha View Post
    I got the latest twp from cvs. With previous versions I always had the options asx and ty from the now playing list page. Now its tmf and ty. What is tmf? More importantly, how can I get it to stream asx again? My wife uses that feature all the time to stream content from our tivo and watch it on her notebook. Hopefully you guys aren't going to respond and tell me tmf and asx are the same thing, if so I apologize, due to a hard drive failure in my Winbloze box I'm not able to test it at the moment.
    Try clicking on an episode - there's links at the bottom (but untested by me)

Why is my TWP like this?

Sorry for what is probably a dumb question but just upgraded to v2.1b3 and now my screen looks like the attached. How do I get it back to normal?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

Quote Originally Posted by ScanMan View Post
    Sorry for what is probably a dumb question but just upgraded to v2.1b3 and now my screen looks like the attached. How do I get it back to normal?
    Did you restart your browser?

Quote Originally Posted by vancod View Post
    Did you restart your browser?
    Yup, it was the same in Mozilla and IE. I originally did an "update" through TWP; I since deleted the whole folder and just manually installed it. It looks fine now.
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

I originally did an "update" through TWP; I (have) since deleted the whole folder and just manually installed it. It looks fine now.
    Yeah - that's actually the best route to follow when leaping to 2.1

Try clicking on an episode - there's links at the bottom (but untested by me)
    Thanks, that works, I also discovered the "extract" choice on the more menu has asx. It works, I successfully streamed some stuff to my wife's notebook about an hour ago.

As a suggestion to the developers.. I'd like to see asx listed back on the now playing list as it used to be but that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ocntscha View Post
    The columns in the NPL are user-selectable. Use the System->RowFormat module to select the columns you'd like to see. In your case, sounds like you want to select the "NSL" format and change the default "Vlink tmf ty" to "Vlink asx".

BTW, tmf is a format used by mfs_ftp to download a "tarred" version of the show.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

That's most likely an outdated theme (.css) file which has been cached by your browsers. The .css files are set to never expire, so it's safest to always clear your cache after upgrading or even updating from cvs.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

Everything you say is true. The problem is that in the UK, all episode numbers below 1000 have a 5 in the 1st of the last 4 TmsId digits. East Enders, which has had approximately 3600 episodes has a 7 in the 1st of the last 4 TmsId digits, and Coronation Street, which will hit its 7000th episode in January has a 6 in the 1st of the last 4 TmsId digits.

Bottom line is that the TmsId is unique for each episode of a series, and for short series, the last three digits are a pretty good indicator of episode number. For series with more that 1000 episodes, at least in the UK, they are pretty useless.

Also in the UK, I've never seen EpisodeNum in the Program object populated.

Just to add to the mess, here in the UK I've seen programs with a TmsId prefix of SH, with Episodic set to 1 in the Series object. Go figure
    For the SH prefix I know I have seen that also, IIRC it usually is a special showing/show of an actual series. Like they put together a recap of series before it starts it's new season. So it is actually a series, but just a recap and not part of the actual series itself.

Also here in the US they have extended some TmsId's to 14 characters. EP__1234567890 where the first two character after EP is the season. Or so it appears that way to me, only new series have had this modified TmsId so I am making an assumption based on absolutely no data to confirm.

Happy Holidays from across the globe to you.
    (2) UltimateTV - upgraded w/160GB
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    (3) HR21 (2) with AM21 & internal 2TB Seagate
    RandC

Wow! Lots of activity in this thread today - is the weather lousy everywhere?
    I'm wondering: do the shows that don't work correctly have any non-alphabetic characters in the title? What are the show titles?

Ooops - I lied. For whatever reason, there are still some series who's NPL episodes don't appear in the series view. They all show as starting with "1:" when I look in MFS/NowShowingByTitle, but they just don't enumerate in the series view. It's only one or two series, but I can't seem to find some discernible difference that makes them behave differently than other shows....
    Last edited by djl; 11-30-2008 at 03:30 PM.
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    In your case, sounds like you want to select the "NSL" format and change the default "Vlink tmf ty" to "Vlink asx".
    Thanks a lot Steve! I did as you suggested, works like a charm.

This is better, although I have a fair number of movies that id as "Single Episode" because they don't seem to have a tmsid. Does anyone know why this field is sometimes blank?

OK, I've modified rec.itcl (see attached) in /libs to always append an episode number to the episode title either in the format (x/y) or (x) when a show is episodic, and to a identify a single showing as either a Movie, Event, or Single Showing, when it is not.

Here are all the use cases (could not find a non-episodic Sports Event to test with).

EastEnders Omnibus - Episode (236) The police investigation into Max's accident gets underway, with Jack being held up as the police's main suspect.

The Ascent of Money - Human Bondage (2/6) Niall explores the bond market, tracing its rise in Renaissance Italy and its role in the creation of powerfully rich families such as the Rothschilds.

Charles Wheeler: Edge of Fame - Single Episode A tribute to one of journalism's most dedicated yet modest professionals, Charles Wheeler.

Something of Value - Movie A man raised in Kenya looks for a peaceful solution to Mau Mau terror, but the violence turns him into a vengeful man.

The Barristers - No Episode Title Insight into the world of a barrister and the struggle to survive in their profession.

Give it a go.
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!