Page 69 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1264

Thread: TivoWebPlus 2.1 Testing and Development

"Recorded at Another Time" in HiGuide

This may not be computationally feasible, but would it be possible to tag (color code) a program in the higuide that has either: a) been already recorded, or b) is currently scheduled to be recorded in another time slot (and possibly on another channel)?

Season pass error when created from web app

Running 9.3.2b on an SA Series 2, the season pass module crashes if a pass exists that was created with the Tivo web app. It seems that such passes have a new type number in MFS (11).

A quick fix is to change the line in proc getSpDetail (in the file ui_season_pass.itcl) :
    if { $type == 1 } to
    if { $type == 1 || $type == 11 }

Works for me, but I didn't do much digging either.
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

Thanks, I'll give that a try and see what transpires!
    kevin
    -----------------------------------
    Hughes GXCEBOT 3.5d
    306 HRS
    SiliconDust Cache Card
    TWP 2.1.b3 - HackMan 7.1.1

I posted this on TCF but this is probably be a better place.

I've got a prom-modded S3 with KidZone for the 2 dozen or so kids shows we record. I can use the Folderize function with TivoWebPlus to move individual kids shows into a folder called "Kids Shows." That way, the Now Playing List shows the adult shows plus a single folder called "Kids Shows." That makes it much easier for my wife and I to find the shows we want to watch. But when you enter KidZone, you see the kids shows divided into the appropriate show folders (Arthur folder, Backyardigans folder, etc.). That works pretty well.

The problem is that the Folderize function with TivoWebPlus only works on individual shows. As soon as another kid show is recorded, that show's folder reappears in the Now Playing List. I basically have to go in each day and folderize the kids shows recorded during that day.

Is there any way to invoke the Folderize function or a similar function from the command line? I'd like to run a cron job that invokes the Folderize function or a similar function to move the kids shows at regular intervals into the "Kids Shows" folder.

I know about the folders.tcl program, but that doesn't really help here. That program actually renames the folders. If I renamed all the kids show folders to "Kids Shows," then KidZone wouldn't list the shows in their individual folders. You'd just see a single folder called Kids Shows with about 300 cartoons listed without any division of the different shows.

Any help or other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ddoyle View Post
    I posted this on TCF but this is probably be a better place.

I've got a prom-modded S3 with KidZone for the 2 dozen or so kids shows we record. I can use the Folderize function with TivoWebPlus to move individual kids shows into a folder called "Kids Shows." That way, the Now Playing List shows the adult shows plus a single folder called "Kids Shows." That makes it much easier for my wife and I to find the shows we want to watch. But when you enter KidZone, you see the kids shows divided into the appropriate show folders (Arthur folder, Backyardigans folder, etc.). That works pretty well.

The problem is that the Folderize function with TivoWebPlus only works on individual shows. As soon as another kid show is recorded, that show's folder reappears in the Now Playing List. I basically have to go in each day and folderize the kids shows recorded during that day.

Is there any way to invoke the Folderize function or a similar function from the command line? I'd like to run a cron job that invokes the Folderize function or a similar function to move the kids shows at regular intervals into the "Kids Shows" folder.

I know about the folders.tcl program, but that doesn't really help here. That program actually renames the folders. If I renamed all the kids show folders to "Kids Shows," then KidZone wouldn't list the shows in their individual folders. You'd just see a single folder called Kids Shows with about 300 cartoons listed without any division of the different shows.

Any help or other ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    I wrote the folderize module, but didn't know it kept subfolders in recent versions of the tivo SW... very nice.

It would certainly be possible to have it run periodically... I've done a cron-type job in TWP2 for automatically marking 3-thumbs-up suggestions as a kept show (poor mans SP).

If you don't use suggestions, using the 3-thumbs-up technique and combining the 2 routines may be an easy fix.
    Former Tivo Hacker (retired)

Two servers running on TiVoHD

I've installed TWP 2.1 on my 11.0h-version TiVoHD. When it comes up, one of the console messages says that port 80 is already in use so it tries and succeeds to set the port to 8080. When I do a striaght connect to my TiVo's IP address I get an official TiVo "Welcome, you're networked now" page. Connecting to port 8080 will bring up TWP.

So, how do I kill the useless splash page being served at port 80 and get TWP to start itself there instead?

webremote update

This is an enhanced version of webremote that will read your available channels and give you a drop-down to choose which one to switch to. It works much better than trying to key in a channel number one digit at a time (which frequently times out before you get the whole number in). I've tested it on my SA series 2, and it should work fine on any unit with sendkey/sendkeyplus installed in /devbin.
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

Thanks for the update, djl. I'll give it a try. Here's a replacement for keytrap2.js which adds the following keyboard commands to Web Remote (note the change of Replay from Backspace to Ctrl):

Code:
    insert - tivo
    delete - live tv
    home - guide
    end - info/display
    pgup/down - chanup/down

numpad8 - up
    numpad4 - left
    numpad6 - right
    numpad2 - down
    numpad5 - select

ctrl - replay

0-9 - number keys
    Backup then replace your existing file:

/TivoWebPlus/scripts/keytrap2.js

This works for me on a Windows system running TWP and Web Remote in Firefox. I haven't tested on anything else, so make sure you back up your original file first.

It looks like MenuEditor is not handling the url prefix. When I change a menu and click on "Save changes to menus" I get a 404 where TWP is trying to access http://url.org/menus instead of http://url.org/prefix/menus.

I looked in the tcl file for the module but didn't see an obvious place to fix it.

TODO module hack to purge shows based on rating, v-chip bits, advisory

This is a relatively simply hack to the 2.1b3 ui_todo.itcl that can simply replace the existing file on Series 1 Tivo's (which is all I use).

My focus: let the Tivo go wild recording movies/shows, but only if they:
    1. Are not rated worse than "R"
    2. Have no nudity, graphic language, or strong sexual content
    3. Are rated less than TV-MA
    4. Have no sexual dialog

In addition, Adult Content is allowed only when the above criteria are met.

All these settings are adjustable in the script, but my goal was to allow movies with some violence, such as Air Force One, while filtering out other movies that don't meet my criteria.

To automate deletion on Linux systems that run Perl, see post #35 here: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...ight=mechanize

On the ReplayTV, there are Zones that allow "wishlists" that factor in rating preferences, but the Tivo (Series 1) had no such thing, so this script essentially accomplishes that, and more. Further hacking could enable editing the ratings/bits/advisory settings exactly like the Blocklist, but I had no need for that myself.

Enjoy!

Latest cvs image

Greetings...

I used an automation tool that came with an older version of TivoWebPlus. 2.1.b2 caused all kinds of problems with season passes on my HR10-250 running 6.4a. All kinds of problems.

I upgraded to the latest tip of the cvs tree for TivoWebPlus, and those problems went away. One issue to warn people of, however: I did a backup of my season passes, and discovered that when I restored the old backup on the new TivoWebPlus that it failed with the same symptoms as before (click on a show and it would kick you right back out to the place you clicked on it).

I did find one minor issue with the now playing list. I'd get a traceback saying that recForm_Vlink was undefined. Which was quite infuriating, since I couldn't find the string 'Vlink' in the entire tree. Still don't know where it is coming from. Instead, I just added the following to libs/rec.itcl:

proc recForm_Vlink {{opt 0}} {
    return "Calling all Vlinks...";
    }

but I suppose the text doesn't matter.... Anybody know where this call is generated, what its passed and how I can change it? I'd have thought I could at least grep for Vlink, since this function name is glued together from some array of something that's comming from somewhere...

Why is the version still listed as '2.0.0 (oztivo-070921)' even though 2.1b3 has been released? I hacked my local copy to indicate the changes.

Finally, .dist/chkdu-oztivo.lst, .dist/chksum-oztivo.list and .dist/version have ^M ^J line endings rather than simple ^J line endings. That needs to be fixed, or the check dist scripts don't work.

Warner

Quote Originally Posted by bsdimp View Post
    Greetings...

I used an automation tool that came with an older version of TivoWebPlus. 2.1.b2 caused all kinds of problems with season passes on my HR10-250 running 6.4a. All kinds of problems.
    I upgraded to the latest tip of the cvs tree for TivoWebPlus, and those problems went away. One issue to warn people of, however: I did a backup of my season passes, and discovered that when I restored the old backup on the new TivoWebPlus that it failed with the same symptoms as before (click on a show and it would kick you right back out to the place you clicked on it).

I did find one minor issue with the now playing list. I'd get a traceback saying that recForm_Vlink was undefined. Which was quite infuriating, since I couldn't find the string 'Vlink' in the entire tree. Still don't know where it is coming from. Instead, I just added the following to libs/rec.itcl:

proc recForm_Vlink {{opt 0}} {
    return "Calling all Vlinks...";
    }

but I suppose the text doesn't matter.... Anybody know where this call is generated, what its passed and how I can change it? I'd have thought I could at least grep for Vlink, since this function name is glued together from some array of something that's comming from somewhere...

Why is the version still listed as '2.0.0 (oztivo-070921)' even though 2.1b3 has been released? I hacked my local copy to indicate the changes.
    Simple explanation for much of this... the "tip" of the cvs tree IS 2.0.0

The betas are in a branch labelled v2-1

Vlink is used in rowformat, which is stored in the config file, so when you downgraded, your rowformats still contained the Vlink function (which wasn't added until v2-1).
    If you reset rowformats to default, those SHOULD be replaced.

I'd suggest grabbing the 2.1b3 tarball from Thompson's site, as there are many improvements in that branch.

Unfortunately, as I've had to cancel my DirecTV subscription, I'm no longer involved in TWP2 development

Quote Originally Posted by BTUxNine View Post
    Simple explanation for much of this... the "tip" of the cvs tree IS 2.0.0...
    I'd suggest grabbing the 2.1b3 tarball from Thompson's site, as there are many improvements in that branch.

Unfortunately, as I've had to cancel my DirecTV subscription, I'm no longer involved in TWP2 development
    OK. I'll upgrade to b3. I was all set to post a diff that got things working for me, but I'll go against 2.1.b3 first. Is this b3 the same b3 that's on sourceforge? How do I hook up with the folks that are still involved?

Thanks for your kind reply...

Warner

Quote Originally Posted by bsdimp View Post
    OK. I'll upgrade to b3. I was all set to post a diff that got things working for me, but I'll go against 2.1.b3 first. Is this b3 the same b3 that's on sourceforge? How do I hook up with the folks that are still involved?

Thanks for your kind reply...

Warner
    I don't think there are any cvs commits that aren't in thompson's most recent bundle, so I'd suggest that.

This thread is as good a place as any other to contact other devs, but it's been rather quiet for quite a while... I think I'd classify TWP2 as "not currently under development".

Missing Watched Channels

I'm running 2.1.b3 (oztivo-090121) against a 11.0j-01-2-652 TivoHD. When I check channels watched from TWP it misses some that are selected on the Tivo itself. That throws off the search function on TWP.

Any ideas?