Page 29 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus 2.1 Testing and Development

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    I've updated this module to work with the current 2.1.b3 structures. (attached) Please give it a try and advise results.
    Note that the limitations discussed still apply (must have vserver running, always starts at the beginning of the buffer, cannot jump forward, etc.)
    If it works well for folks, I'll add it to cvs. I'll also investigate how to determine which buffer is "active" so the sendkey stuff to clear and restart the buffer can be added back.

EDIT: I looked at the info module code for the "Currently on Live TV" box, and learned:
    It gets a /State/MyWorld/LastChannel value and then hunts through the the guide for that channel (today and sometimes yesterday) to find the show which overlaps the current time. Ouch. There has got to be a better way than that, especially since that LastChannel doesn't seem to change when I switch tuners.
    thanks for updating this
    here's a unique error when clicking on the asx link
    I'll do some troubleshooting on my end
    Two DSR7000s both at 6.4a/101 from slices; both originally sleepered version 3, then 4.01b, 6.2, 6.2a.
    TWP 2.1, Superpatched, 300GB Seagate in one, 750GB in the other, USB 2 w/ Jamie's backport drivers
    One HR10-250 at 6.4a, networked, Superpatched, stock 250GB drive
    One HR23
    Patiently waiting for a new DirecTV/Tivo
    One AM21 hooked to the HR23

I tried a mass purge of deleted shows and recieved the following error:

-------INTERNAL SERVER ERROR------ --cut here--action:confirm, path:, env:u2 bdeleted sub Purge fsida(404422) on fsida(408293) on fsida(408296) on fsida(408298)...SNIPPED...on fsida(411378) on fsida(404414) on fsida(404415) on fsida(404416) on fsida(411382) on fsida(404417) on fsida(404418) on fsida(411384) on fsida(404420) on fsida(404419) on fsida(386391) on fsida(404421) on fsida(386392) on submit Confirm_Purge, code:'errTmBackgroundHoldoff'
    can't open object (errTmBackgroundHoldoff)

while executing
    "db $::db openid $id"
    ("uplevel" body line 2)
    invoked from: "uplevel $body"
    invoked from: "transaction {
    set err $i
    while {$i<$blen} {
    foreach $vars [lrange $batch $i [expr $i+$vsiz]] break
    if [set code [catch {uplevel $body} errs]] {
    if {$c..."
    (procedure "ForeachTrans" line 15)
    invoked from: "ForeachTrans id $ids {
    set rec [db $::db openid $id]
    set state [dbobj $rec get State]
    if { $state != $old } { lappend bad $id; continue }
    if $purge { ..."
    (procedure "DeleteRecs" line 7)
    invoked from: "DeleteRecs {404422 408293 408296 408298 413823 413824 413825 413826 403712 413827 413828 413829 407908 407910 407909 407911 407913 407914 407915 40791..."
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from: "eval DeleteRecs [list $ids] $params"
    (procedure "MOD::action_confirm" line 27)
    invoked from: "$cmd $chan $path $env"
    --cut here--
    So, I guess it's timing out during the process. I snipped the list of fsid's as it wasn't really relevent.

I tried it again with only 10 selections and it worked fine, as did 30.

But when I tried with 50 selected, same error.

Would there be any way of allowing more time to complete the purge.

Peter.

Software System: 3.0-01-1-000 (OzTivo 1.6.2-20061109)
    System Type: United States Series 1 Stand-Alone
    TivoWebPlus Distribution
    Version 2.1.b3 (oztivo-080223)
    TiVo Series one, two, and TiVo HD

Quote Originally Posted by jwciv View Post
    thanks for updating this
    here's a unique error when clicking on the asx link
    I'll do some troubleshooting on my end
    Please try the .asx links on Extract and Now Playing to help narrow it down.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

Quote Originally Posted by Omikron View Post
    GDchecker is still acting funky on the under 9.2a. Has there been any headway made in fixing it?
    I can't find any description of a GDChecker problem in this thread. Can you provide some details?
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

Thought I'd Give cvs a try.

It runs from the command line.

It's located in /bin, so it's in the path.

But TWP log's still say that it will not load cvsupdate

Peter.

Software System: 3.0-01-1-000 (OzTivo 1.6.2-20061109)
    System Type: United States Series 1 Stand-Alone
    TivoWebPlus Distribution
    Version 2.1.b3 (oztivo-080223)

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    Thought I'd Give cvs a try.
    It runs from the command line.
    It's located in /bin, so it's in the path.
    But TWP log's still say that it will not load cvsupdate
    The check is simply "which cvs". Run that from a command line while in the TivoWebPlus folder and make sure it returns the correct path. Note that the name must be lowercase "cvs".

I think it looks ok

[TiVo [p0] /hack/TivoWebPlus]# which cvs
    /bin/cvs
    Peter

Here's the log:
    Using data dir /hack/TivoWebPlus/
    Starting TWP pid=16686
    ------============------ Loading ------============------
    TivoWebPlus - v2.1.b3 2.1.b3 (oztivo-080223)
    The program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
    This program is licensed under the GPL.
    See the 'docs/copyright' and 'docs/index.html' files for copyright and credit information.
    Loading libs...
    btutils,html,http,index,rec,sendkey,sendkeyavail=1
    timezone,ui,util,TimeZone: GMT
    -running init_channelList--- completed in 0 seconds
    -running init_logoindex--- completed in 0 seconds
    -running init_sp_cache--- completed in 1 seconds
    Loading Modules...ChannelMap,backup,channelgrid,channelprefs,confirm,confresManual,extract,folders,gallery,g dchecker,higuide,info,logos,logs,mail,manrec,menus,mfsbrowser,netconfig,norerecord,phone,preferences ,reorder,resources,rowformat,rss,screen,search,sysadmin,theme,thumbs,ui_channel,ui_compat,ui_deleted shows,ui_history,ui_listings,ui_nowshowing,ui_record,ui_search,ui_season_pass,ui_series,ui_showing,u i_todo,update,webremote,whatson,wishlists,
    --Info: The following modules won't be loaded, they may be disabled or rely on an unavailable feature (e.g. events or sendkey)
    cidrss,cvsupdate,merge,mrv,
    - [21/Mar/2008:00:49:53] saving module.cache
    Building menus...Loading completed in 13 seconds
    Attempting to open port 80
    Accepting Connections
    Last edited by petestrash; 03-20-2008 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Added TWP log

I think it looks ok
    Agreed. Please go to System > SysAdmin > Debug and look for "has". It should have an Arr(x) link beside it. Click on that and report what you see.

I can't find any description of a GDChecker problem in this thread. Can you provide some details?
    Sorry, my original post regarding this feature was in the v2.0 thread back in April: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ker#post280473

Assuming it's alphabetical (which it appears to be) I don't have a 'Has', the list goes from guideindexdir to hookA. Also a text search of the page doesn't show any has's anywhere on the page.

Peter.

After a full Re-boot of the TiVo, I no longer get the log messages about any modules not loading, but I still can't find cvs anywhere (where should it be?) and it should show mrv not loaded as it's an S1 which doesn't support mrv.

...snip...
    Loading libs...
    btutils,html,http,index,rec,sendkey,
    sendkeyavail=1
    timezone,ui,util,TimeZone: GMT
    -running init_channelList--- completed in 1 seconds
    -running init_logoindex--- completed in 0 seconds
    -running init_sp_cache--- completed in 4 seconds
    Loading modules...
    Building menus...
    Loading completed in 40 seconds
    Attempting to open port 80
    Accepting Connections
    Actually, just tried a TWP full restart, and it does show individual modules which have loaded and not loaded (which is the same as the OP). Only the log after a reboot doesn't show this detail.
    Last edited by petestrash; 03-20-2008 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Added new log after full reboot, and extra info after a TWP restart

I have found another small bug in the Version check module, or backup module depending on you view:

-------INTERNAL SERVER ERROR------ --cut here--
    action:sysadmin,
    path:/Version_Check,
    env:, code:'NONE'
    ./backups/settings t6 was not included in the distribution
    ./scripts/twp_tablefilter.js was not included in the distribution
    sum: ./backups/settings: No such file or directory
    sum: t6: No such file or directory
    while executing
    "exec bash $::source_dir/check_dist.sh -simple"
    (procedure "::MOD::sysadmin_Version_Check" line 11)
    invoked from: "$pre$link $chan /[join [lrange $paths 1 end] /] $env"
    (procedure "auto_menu" line 14)
    invoked from: "auto_menu sysadmin $chan $path $env"
    (procedure "MOD::action_sysadmin" line 2)
    invoked from: "$cmd $chan $path $env"
    --cut here--
    It doesn't handle files that have a space in the name. It's my fault that the file has a space, and technically best not to in linux. But it's allowed when entering the name during the Backup session and most people coming from windows wouldn't think not to use a space in the name.

Works fine once I removed the space.

So I don't know where the error is, allowing a space to be entered in backup or version check not handling files with a space in it.

Peter.

Please try the .asx links on Extract and Now Playing to help narrow it down.
    .asx works, however, I'm running 2.0. I'm going to load 2.1 and test livetv
    Two DSR7000s both at 6.4a/101 from slices; both originally sleepered version 3, then 4.01b, 6.2, 6.2a.
    TWP 2.1, Superpatched, 300GB Seagate in one, 750GB in the other, USB 2 w/ Jamie's backport drivers
    One HR10-250 at 6.4a, networked, Superpatched, stock 250GB drive
    One HR23
    Patiently waiting for a new DirecTV/Tivo
    One AM21 hooked to the HR23

Assuming it's alphabetical (which it appears to be) I don't have a 'Has', the list goes from guideindexdir to hookA. Also a text search of the page doesn't show any has's anywhere on the page.
    After a full Re-boot of the TiVo, I no longer get the log messages about any modules not loading, but I still can't find cvs anywhere (where should it be?) and it should show mrv not loaded as it's an S1 which doesn't support mrv.
    Actually, just tried a TWP full restart, and it does show individual modules which have loaded and not loaded (which is the same as the OP). Only the log after a reboot doesn't show this detail.
    Sounds like you're not running the latest code. You have to manually run the full cvs command including the IP address, etc. at least once. see here Make sure that version is what you're actually starting up. If "has" is missing, you're running an older version.
    Last edited by SteveT; 03-20-2008 at 09:25 PM. Reason: added link to initial cvs setup command

TiVoHD support

I've finally gotten around to loading TWP on my THD, and have hit the first incompatibility. It looks like the get_space binary is not mfs64 aware, so info.tcl croaks.

Here's a patched info.tcl that is mfs64 aware and is tcl only (no longer requires the get_space binaries). It also identifies a TiVoHD unit instead of reporting it as unknown.

If one of the developers finds time to verify this patch, feel free to add it to the CVS. It should work on S1 thru THD's and allow for the deprication of the get_space binary and source.

UPDATE:
    See next post for the info.tcl
    Last edited by jkozee; 03-21-2008 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Removed link

Quote Originally Posted by jkozee View Post
    I've finally gotten around to loading TWP on my THD, and have hit the first incompatibility. It looks like the get_space binary is not mfs64 aware, so info.tcl croaks.

Here's a patched info.tcl that is mfs64 aware and is tcl only (no longer requires the get_space binaries). It also identifies a TiVoHD unit instead of reporting it as unknown.

If one of the developers finds time to verify this patch, feel free to add it to the CVS. It should work on S1 thru THD's and allow for the deprication of the get_space binary and source.
    Excellent! Thanks.
    It appears that you started with an older version of TWP than the latest cvs, so I've merged your new code into the latest. (See attached). There was a problem with totalmedia not defined, but I think I fixed it. This one works with TWP 2.1.b3 on 6.3d, 6.2 and 6.2a. I'd like for some folks to verify operation on other versions, particularly the S1s. (Make sure to do a Full Restart, since TWP only calculates this value once.)
    If no problems found, I'll push it to cvs.
    Thanks!