Page 30 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus 2.1 Testing and Development

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    Excellent! Thanks.
    It appears that you started with an older version of TWP than the latest cvs, so I've merged your new code into the latest. (See attached). There was a problem with totalmedia not defined, but I think I fixed it. This one works with TWP 2.1.b3 on 6.3d, 6.2 and 6.2a. I'd like for some folks to verify operation on other versions, particularly the S1s. (Make sure to do a Full Restart, since TWP only calculates this value once.)
    If no problems found, I'll push it to cvs.
    Thanks!
    Thanks for posting a corrected version. I pulled my original attachment. I'm not sure how I got back on the old release, but I just upgraded to the latest CVS files, so I'll start poking around

There was a problem with totalmedia not defined, but I think I fixed it.
    Why does totalmedia need to be defined? It was just an intermediate local variable, wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by jkozee View Post
    Why does totalmedia need to be defined? It was just an intermediate local variable, wasn't it?
    It wasn't being set at all, just used in the divide.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

It wasn't being set at all, just used in the divide.
    Ah, now I understand. It should've been:
    Code:
    proc get_totalsizes {} {
      global usersize
      set usersize [get_space_tcl]
      # Convert to MiB
      set usersize [expr round($usersize/2/1024)]
    }
    Thanks! I must have missed that in my final cleanup.

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    I have found another small bug in the Version check module, or backup module depending on you view:
    It doesn't handle files that have a space in the name.
    I changed check_dist to handle blanks in the name. In cvs.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

Quote Originally Posted by Omikron View Post
    Sorry, my original post regarding this feature was in the v2.0 thread back in April: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ker#post280473
    Don't get your hopes up, but I'll give it a look. I need you to do a Full Restart, then go to the page that isn't working right. Save the html from that page (right-click > view source > file > save as). Also save the complete tivoweb.log file. Email both of those to me (email in ddb profile). We can work on it together offline.

It would appear that something has changed since the last package release and the current CVS build that breaks GDchecker even further. I just downloaded the latest CVS for everything and got this:

-------INTERNAL SERVER ERROR------ --cut here--action:gdchecker, path:/orphansps, env:, code:'CHILDSTATUS 2040 1'
    child process exited abnormally
    while executing
    "close $f"
    (procedure "getTitleSearch" line 35)
    invoked from: "getTitleSearch $title"
    (procedure "gdchecker_spsearch" line 5)
    invoked from: "gdchecker_spsearch $title"
    (procedure "gdchecker_orphansps" line 116)
    invoked from: "gdchecker_orphansps $chan"
    (procedure "MOD::action_gdchecker" line 12)
    invoked from: "$cmd $chan $path $env"
    --cut here--
    In case anyone other than SteveT wants to take a look the GDchecker issue on the S3, here some log files an examples of what's going on.

The "halfworking" logfile and html code are from the latest packaged version.
    Last edited by Omikron; 03-22-2008 at 06:03 PM.

Here is some odd behavior in the SP organizer on my Series3 running the latest CVS.

Here's yet another bug that's been driving me nuts. Whenever I load the "Info" page, TWP seems to stall for approximately 30 seconds after showing this information:

File System/Disk Information Filesystem Type Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on
    /dev/hda4 ext2 248M 74M 161M 32% /
    /dev/hda9 ext2 248M 17M 218M 7% /var /dev/hda:
    multcount = 16 (on)
    I/O support = 0 (default 16-bit)
    using_dma = 1 (on)
    readahead = 8 (on)
    geometry = 56065/255/63, sectors = 1953525168, start = 0
    drive state is: active/idle

Device: Hitachi HDS721010KLA330 Supports ATA Version 7
    Smartctl: Smart Values Read Failed
    Smart Values Read failed: Input/output error
    After 30 seconds pass, TWP completes the listing for the page and shows the various space summaries.

Has anyone else been able to observe this behavior?

Here's yet another bug that's been driving me nuts. Whenever I load the "Info" page, TWP seems to stall for approximately 30 seconds after showing this information:

After 30 seconds pass, TWP completes the listing for the page and shows the various space summaries.

Has anyone else been able to observe this behavior?
    That's normal behavior, especially for large drives with lots of shows. The module has to do a lot of work in mfs to retrieve the space-related info.

That's normal behavior, especially for large drives with lots of shows. The module has to do a lot of work in mfs to retrieve the space-related info.
    Hm...

The thing is that I use the "Info" screen to quickly check what's being recorded and whatnot, and I rarely look at the space information. I think others are probably in the same boat. Since checking the space is such an intensive task, wouldn't it make more sense to rip it out into a separate module and and link to it from the Info page?

Does anyone else have any interest in such a change?

Also, has anyone been successful in getting asx streams to work on any HD units?

I apologize for all of the posts, but I just spent the better part of the last 36 hours performing some "Spring Cleaning" and rebuilding and reorganizing all of my TiVo hacks from scratch.

Also, has anyone been successful in getting asx streams to work on any HD units?

I apologize for all of the posts, but I just spent the better part of the last 36 hours performing some "Spring Cleaning" and rebuilding and reorganizing all of my TiVo hacks from scratch.
    Now that I think about it some more, I'm guessing vserver hasn't been updated to work with the new HD platforms. Is there any hope on getting this updated?

Now that I think about it some more, I'm guessing vserver hasn't been updated to work with the new HD platforms. Is there any hope on getting this updated?
    Does the one here not work?

Quote Originally Posted by jt1134 View Post
    Does the one here not work?
    My understanding is that that binary is specifically for the Tivo HD (Gen06) platform and not for the Series3 (Gen05).

That said, what is vserver's specific task? If there were new tools necessary in order to demux HD files (s3tots), is it possible that the changes that necessitated those new tools also broke the functionality of vserver under the Gen05 and Gen06 platforms?

This is all conjecture at this point because I can't find any posts referencing people running this successfully on their Series3 or TiVo HD.