Page 56 of 85 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus 2.1 Testing and Development

Quote Originally Posted by BTUxNine View Post
    I can't remember what the S1 dtivos display, but S2s are supposed to show channel logos in the Now Playing List, and in the info page for a show you play or a program you're watching (if you hit the right arrow).

Logos aren't necessary for TWP to function properly, so here's a fix to try:
    in the libs/init.tcl file, ~ line 683, change
    Code:
      ForeachMfsFile fsid name type "/LogoGroup" "" {
        set info [split $name :]
        lappend LogoGroups $fsid [lindex $info 0] [lindex $info 2]
      }
    to
    Code:
      catch {
      ForeachMfsFile fsid name type "/LogoGroup" "" {
        set info [split $name :]
        lappend LogoGroups $fsid [lindex $info 0] [lindex $info 2]
      }
      }
    by putting a catch statement around the block, it SHOULD allow TWP to start up.
    That didn't appear to have much effect. TWP is running OK so I'll just drop the issue for now; I certainly don't need Logos anyway just trying to clear up the error. Thanks BTUxNine
    -----------------------------------
    Hughes GXCEBOT 3.5d
    306 HRS
    SiliconDust Cache Card
    TWP 2.1.b3 - HackMan 7.1.1

Looks like I found a bug in my "get_space_tcl" routine in info.itcl. It appears that the devlist may be 0x20 and 0x00 separated in /dev/hda10. I've seen this on an image that was expanded then re-imaged back down to the original drive. This should fix the problem.

Change:
    Code:
      # Get the MFS device list
      if { $mfs64 } {
        seek $fd  36; set devlist [string trim [read $fd 132] "\000"]
        seek $fd 208; binary scan [read $fd 8] W pZone
      } else {
        seek $fd  36; set devlist [string trim [read $fd 128] "\000"]
        seek $fd 196; binary scan [read $fd 4] I pZone
      }
      close $fd
    To:
    Code:
      # Get the MFS device list
      if { $mfs64 } {
        seek $fd  36; set devlist [string trim [read $fd 132] "\000"]
        seek $fd 208; binary scan [read $fd 8] W pZone
      } else {
        seek $fd  36; set devlist [string trim [read $fd 128] "\000"]
        seek $fd 196; binary scan [read $fd 4] I pZone
      }
      regsub -all {\000} $devlist " " devlist
      close $fd
    Thanks,
    John

Hi all,

I am running v2.1.b3 (090121) of TivoWebPlus on my HDVR2 and think you guys have done fantastic job with the product. I would like to understand how to use the functionality with streaming using the ASX functionality.

I am running Vista Ultimate on my PC. When I try to open the file, IE (7) opens but gives the error "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

If I try to open it in Firefox (3.05), I can get Windows Media Player to open, but then get an error indicating a problem with the URL.

Could someone explain to me what I am missing and how this functionality works?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjeffr View Post
    Could someone explain to me what I am missing and how this functionality works?
    You have to start 'vserver' on the tivo side and install the TyShow codec on the PC side, although I have no experience with this in Vista; works fine in XP.
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

There are a few threads around that deal with Vista and TyShow; this one had some useful info. I used version 0.17 on Vista Home Premium because 0.18 wouldn't install.

Quote Originally Posted by ScanMan View Post
    You have to start 'vserver' on the tivo side and install the TyShow codec on the PC side, although I have no experience with this in Vista; works fine in XP.
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

Greetings,

I just upgraded to v2.1.b3 (090121) of TivoWebPlus from (081122). The new one fixes a previous error in the NoReRecord module but another still exists. I know TWP was probably not designed for this but here we go.

I am on a DSR6000 (3.5c) and occasionally use TWP to do manual recordings of DTV audio only channels. These get duplicate program names, empty episode names and an episode number of 0. When trying to edit these individually to add detail to the program title all of them get changed.

I finally found a workaround. If I change an episode to a "normal recording" instead of a "manual recording" prior to doing the title edits, it works the way I want it to. Is this the appropriate way to handle this situation?

Update: Looks like I was wrong about the solution. When going to update a second program, the first one(and those still flagged as manual) took on the new title and characteristics....
    Last edited by ronsch; 01-30-2009 at 10:56 PM. Reason: New information

Quote Originally Posted by ronsch View Post
    When going to update a second program, the first one(and those still flagged as manual) took on the new title and characteristics....
    Its not really a TWP issue. The data for each of the individual showings is linked to the same record in the guide data. If you edit one, it changes that single guide data record. The same behavior occurs anytime there is a generic record for a number of showings, editing one changes them all.

Here's a little patch to the mfs browser to expand some binary attributes into text, such as Dict and NpkChannelDefinition. Based on observations here and here, as well as dumpobj.tcl.

I have only tested this on TiVo software version 11.0, but I think it should be OK with earlier versions too.

TivoWebPlus - v2.1.b3 2.1.b3 (oztivo-090121)

I'm having Problems getting TWP to load.
    I see others have had the same issue.
    I'm running an HD ver 11 and the following is my error message.
    I have tried the mods suggested in previous posts but no go

------============------ Loading ------============------
    TivoWebPlus - v2.1.b3 2.1.b3 (oztivo-090121)
    The program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
    This program is licensed under the GPL.
    See the 'docs/copyright' and 'docs/index.html' files for copyright and credit information.
    Loading libs...
    btutils,html,http,index,rec,sendkey,sendkeyavail=0
    ERR: can't read "::tvStandard": no such variable
    ERR: while executing
    ERR: "regsub -all { } "$dist&sw=$::tivoswversion&tv=$::tvStandard" {_} ver"
    ERR: invoked from within
    ERR: "if $::conf(SF_Stats) {
    ERR: set dist $::TWP(DIST_VERSION)
    ERR: set hda "00000000"
    ERR: if [info exists ::env(HDA_ID)] {set hda $::env(HDA_ID)
    ERR: ..."
    ERR: (procedure "init_init" line 9)
    ERR: "init_init"
    ERR: (in namespace eval "::MOD" script line 1)
    ERR: "namespace eval ::MOD init_$args"
    ERR: (procedure "do_init" line 3)
    ERR: "do_init init "
    ERR: "if !$reload { do_init init }"
    ERR: (file "/tivoweb/TivoWebPlus/load.tcl" line 37)
    ERR: "source $source_dir/load.tcl"
    ERR: (procedure "load" line 4)
    ERR: "load 0"
    ERR: (file "/tivoweb/TivoWebPlus/httpd-tt.tcl" line 31)
    timezone,ui,util,Restarting TWP
    rm: /var/TWP/config/module*: No such file or directory
    Error: The last session did not complete successfully
    Exiting to prevent possible reboot loop
    Please check the logs and rerun tivoweb when the problem is fixed
    If your error pertains to dyncfg, running 'tivoweb dynclear' will reset dyncfg to default

bash-2.02#

Twp

changing "init.tcl" line 773

"regsub -all { } "$dist&sw=$::tivoswversion&tv=$::tvStandard" {_} ver"
    to
    "regsub -all { } "$dist&sw=$::tivoswversion" {_} ver"

did the trick

thanks ciper for pointing me in the right place!

Looks like I've done it again

My reworking of how confirm works introduced a subtle issue.
    When cancelling (from todo) or purging (from deleted) recordings, it doesn't set the canceldate. Unfortunately, NoReRecord uses that to determine when the 31 day purge is applied, so these records stay in NoReRecord indefinitely (and, by extension, stick around in history).

I've fixed the code, and written a routine to clean up the NoReRecord list (under system/sysadmin). Both are in CVS, and should be included in the next bundle.
    Former Tivo Hacker (retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Here's a little patch to the mfs browser to expand some binary attributes into text, such as Dict and NpkChannelDefinition. Based on observations here and here, as well as dumpobj.tcl.

I have only tested this on TiVo software version 11.0, but I think it should be OK with earlier versions too.
    Thanks, Jamie, but I tried it on my 6.2a system, and received the following error:
    Code:
    -------INTERNAL SERVER ERROR------  --cut here--action:object, path:/5626948, env:, code:'NONE'
    invalid command name "tvidl::dbtotext"
        while executing
    "tvidl::dbtotext 1 $val"
        (procedure "mfs_tyDb" line 25)
        invoked from: "mfs_tyDb $chan $path $path $env"
        (procedure "MOD::action_object" line 2)
        invoked from: "$cmd $chan $path $env"
    --cut here--
    I have to admit I haven't been following the discussion closely, but I don't see where the tvidl::dbtotext is supposed to be coming from. Is there another module change needed beyond mfsbrowser.itcl?

Note: there is no file called TvIdl.tcl in my /tvlib/tcl/tv/ folder.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    Thanks, Jamie, but I tried it on my 6.2a system, and received the following error:
    OK. tvidl is builtin in the 11.0 tivosh. I assumed the tvidl functions were added back when idl started appearing in MFS, but now that I examine the tivoapp strings, I see that they weren't added in the 6.x branches until 6.3. So I guess we need a version check? Or maybe it is better to check for the existence of the required procs. For example, from the strings, it appears that tvidl::binarytoxml isn't in any of the dtivo releases, even though it has been in the SA releases since 7.2.2b.

I'll take another stab at a tivo software version independent patch. I think it is useful to be able to browse these things in text form, for software versions that support it.
    Last edited by Jamie; 02-02-2009 at 11:52 PM.

How about this version? It uses catch and falls back to the old "int array" output format if the new tvidl code falls for any reason (e.g. missing builtin tvidl procs).

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    How about this version? It uses catch and falls back to the old "int array" output format if the new tvidl code falls for any reason (e.g. missing builtin tvidl procs).
    Thanks. This no longer errors on my 6.2a system. I've pushed your change to cvs.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord