Page 79 of 85 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1264

Thread: TivoWebPlus 2.1 Testing and Development

I've never played with Hackman so I can't say how it hooks into TWP, but I would doubt it would affect the shutdown routine.

Did you try the 'wget' manually?

TWP generates the wget command with reference to your TWP config file - there may be something in there that is creating a duff command. You could edit 'tivoweb' file and c. lines 215 & 218, change the wget to be echo'd to the screen (rather than executed). Then don't background the "/TivoWebPlus/tivoweb stop" command and see what you get. Then type that wget command in manually and see what happens.
    Tivo since 2002. UK S1 + 1TB SATA. ex-TAM (tenner a month). Virgin Media not available here.

So is the 20120803 jkozee release of TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 the latest?

I've been doing my own hacking on it as well... Guess I should have checked back here since many of the annoying problems have been fixed.

I was thinking of creating a git repo to hold all the changes to allow easy updates, since the SourceForge project has gone dark. Then I rediscovered this thread, so I thought I'd ask to see if people thought it was a good idea or not.

I've mostly added Thumb to allow the thumb rating to appear on the todo lists so I can set them. This seems to be producing better results than trying to play what-a-mole with every Kid's TV show there is. Or nearly every, since my Son does like some of them. Alas, TiVo isn't so good about picking which ones and doesn't seem to 'age' the data as his tastes have changed from the time he was 3 until the now when he's 6....

I've also fixed a few bugs with episode number. I posted the fixes here, but they aren't acknowledged as being in the re-rolled version.

I also did a couple of minor cleanups. Once I get an answer to the git question and have had a chance to download the new stuff to see if it still works on my 6.4a TiVo software on my HR10-250, I'll see what I have is still relevant.

In the mean time, I have the diffs that I generated available at http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/TivoW...-20130111.diff if anybody is keen to look at the diffs relative to the source forge CVS repo. They aren't that large....
    Last edited by bsdimp; 01-12-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jkozee View Post
    Excellent. I will add the patches to the distribution, but probably wait a few days before releasing it. There are a few more things I want to look at.
    So like did a new release ever happen?

Warner

OK, There looks to be a couple of newer patches in the threads. I've taken the original TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 in cvs at source forge and created a mercurial repo. I then added all the patches that were in the 20120803 release in this thread (added one at a time, with as many back pointers to this thread as I could find). You can access the repo at http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/tivowebplus/hg . As far as I can tell, this will give you the same tree as the 20120803 tarball + CVS files + mercrial files (I kept the CVS files to help with history, in case we need it). I've not included any of my patches yet, since I need to port them to the new tree as rec.itcl has changed so much.

If I don't hear anything else, I'll merge and test the patches that came after the 20120803 release...

Quote Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
    I did a fresh install without hackman and all seems to be working as expected. [...] I just untarred it and fired it up...
    Don't forget to check out the reason I added the "tr" code in the first place : #1114
    Tivo since 2002. UK S1 + 1TB SATA. ex-TAM (tenner a month). Virgin Media not available here.

Quote Originally Posted by bsdimp View Post
    So is the 20120803 jkozee release of TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 the latest?
    I believe so, yes.

I was thinking of creating a git repo to hold all the changes to allow easy updates, since the SourceForge project has gone dark.
    The SF cvs comes and goes I've found - right now it's there but only goes up to the 070428 distro I think.
    http://tivowebplus.cvs.sourceforge.n...s/TivoWebPlus/

Yes we could do with a central repo - although TWP is pretty much stable now (i.e. not much devt going on) it's still useful to have all the sources in one location.

So like did a new release ever happen?

Warner
    I did create it, but apparently never released it. I will post a current distribution that includes all patches shortly.

tivowebplus-v2.1.b3-20130113

Here is an updated bundle. It includes pathces from this thread the previous bundle was released. Specifically it includes paches from 1128, 1137, 1149, and 1150. Those patches also superced 1138, 1147, and 1148. It also includes two other patches I made a while back.

Here's a quick cheat sheet for the included/superceded patches:
    Code:
    CURRENT
    1128 - jkozee    - Already included in 20120803
    1137 - spitfires - fix for spurious config file creation in tivoweb
    1149 - jkozee    - fix for various bugs in btutils.itcl
    1150 - djl       - fix for season passes created at tivo.com
    N/A  - jkozee    - fixed bug in check_dist.sh where chksum <> savsum due to trailing spaces
    N/A  - jkozee    - fixed issues with trailing slash in var TWP_DATA_DIR (fixes a // from displaying in various path locations)

SUPERCEDED
    1138 - spitfires - btutils.itcl patch - Superceded by 1149
    1147 - spitfires - ForeachMfsFileTrans.itcl example - Superceded by 1149
    1148 - jkozee    - fix for various bugs in btutils.itcl - Superceded by 1149
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jkozee; 01-13-2013 at 10:53 PM.

Hey jkozee! Thanks for doing that. Just noticed a tiny nit: it This identifies itself as 20131013, since the .dist/version file is wrong....

OK, I've updated the mercurial tree with this latest release, in case anybody cares (see post #1174)

Quote Originally Posted by spitfires View Post
    I believe so, yes.

The SF cvs comes and goes I've found - right now it's there but only goes up to the 070428 distro I think.
    http://tivowebplus.cvs.sourceforge.n...s/TivoWebPlus/

Yes we could do with a central repo - although TWP is pretty much stable now (i.e. not much devt going on) it's still useful to have all the sources in one location.
    OK, I'll try to keep it up then, and maybe contribute the few patches that I still do from time to time as things annoy me...

Hey jkozee! Thanks for doing that. Just noticed a tiny nit: it This identifies itself as 20131013, since the .dist/version file is wrong....
    No, problem. I meant to release it long ago.

I updated the release to reflect the correct version number.

OK, I've updated the mercurial tree with this latest release, in case anybody cares (see post #1174)

Just a question not a criticism - the 'new' repo is obviously your personal web space; would it be better to get the SF one up to date?
    (Better long term future? - a lot of the old TiVo-related websites are now no more and I have to rely on Wayback for a lot of stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by spitfires View Post
    Don't forget to check out the reason I added the "tr" code in the first place : #1114
    Unless I am misunderstanding, I haven't edited any files in windoz. TWP is untarred and only lives on the Tivo.

Quote Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
    Unless I am misunderstanding, I haven't edited any files in windoz.
    Fair enough - I just thought it might explain why "stop" didn't work for you that was all