Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1264

Thread: TivoWebPlus 2.1 Testing and Development

Fix tv.com and imdb.com links

Attached is my patch to update the tv.com and imdb.com search links, as well as add imdb.com search to the series page.

Both of these files could benefit from routines in rec.itcl, and it seems like this functionality would also be nice to have for the tables... Even nicer would be to grab images off imdb, when available, for movies, shows, etc, but these are much bigger changes than what this simple patch does.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by bsdimp View Post
    Attached is my patch to update the tv.com and imdb.com search links, as well as add imdb.com search to the series page.
    That's 1 I can cross off my list then
    Tivo since 2002. UK S1 + 1TB SATA. ex-TAM (tenner a month). Virgin Media not available here.

My List:
    1. Fix the {ION W} station
    2. Say "Movie" instead of "Not an Episode" in the lists
    3. Create an XML feed for the ToDo list that's more detailed than the rss feed.
    4. Fix the tivo rebooting when I tell a show to "save forever"
    5. Add more items from the NPL/NPL-Q pages to allow saving forever...
    6. Add an option to the todo/1 (suggestions) to promote it to a manually scheduled event.
    7. Allow new season passes on stations that don't already have a season pass (Appears to be 6.4a specific)
    8. Create a 'Today View' which has all the things recorded in the last day, plus all the things it will record tomorrow, plus the what's on/what's recording section from the current info screen.
    9. An TWP cron facility to allow setting up server-side TCL to run periodically (to allow a richer environment than the normal cron has for more sophisticated server-size actions)

The XML feed is to make the crappy automation I have today work better, and to eliminate my current reliance on mfs_ftp, which is slower at downloading shows than TWP, but presents a nice file view which maks it trivial to wget everything every day. I also have a half-assed duplicate show recording suppression if I already have it in my archive, but not on my tivo. I'd also like to export better Showing.xml files than mfs_ftp does currently.

I'm sure that many of these list items are pipe-dreams, but many are incremental bug fixes that are less so...

P.S. Sorry if some of these things are a bit off-topic...

On my wish list

1) Force immediate scheduling of a Season Pass added through TWP
    2) Allow single episode overides of Season Passes with minute increment start late/ end late.

This is driven by desire not expertise

I'd also like to export better Showing.xml files than mfs_ftp does currently.
    Have you tried tyftpd? I added attributes in the showing.xml that may be missing from mfs_ftp.

Links to station and program on /info page

This patch adds html links for the station and program that's printed in the info page, either for the currently recording or for the currently showing.

Just out of curiosity, where does this occur? We put a lot of work into fixing this in the NPL a while back, but the logic may not have carried over to related modules. Which version of TWP are you running?
    My List:
    Say "Movie" instead of "Not an Episode" in the lists
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Just out of curiosity, where does this occur? We put a lot of work into fixing this in the NPL a while back, but the logic may not have carried over to related modules. Which version of TWP are you running?
    I made these changes a while ago to the 091208 version. Need to see if they are still necessary after the rewrite of the row formatting code. I saw this problem on anything that used the row formatter, and of course everything that didn't (each one has their own way of coping). And after two years w/o a release, I'd kinda given up hope ever seeing one again...
    Last edited by bsdimp; 01-22-2013 at 09:40 PM.

I was just wondering why you were patching 091208 rather than 110622. The changes regarding "not an episode" (for NPL, anyway) are in the later bundle.
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

I was patching 091208 because, well, I've been running it since the early part of 2011 and didn't know that 110622 existed until recently...

For some reason Sourceforge CVS is not honoring the -k+L checkout flag (used to force unix line endings for the checkout, otherwise cvsnt/tortoisecvs converts them to dos). I believe this is new behavior as I have not had any problems doing this in the past. I assume this is a SF CVS server issue, and not a CVS configuration issue. I'm no cvs expert, so if anyone can shed some light on this issue, I welcome their input.

Anyhow, I have merged the v2-1 branch into HEAD, so the latest files should be seen by default. I updated check_dist.sh as it had an embedded '^M', which apparently confuses the cvs file ending conversion routine. The plan is to develop in HEAD and keep the v2-1 branch for the stable/released distributions. I have a few other updates that I will probably commit soon that deal mostly updating links to point to sourceforge as the default website for updates, and some tweaks to cvsupdate.itcl that allow for updating from either the main trunk or stable branch.

I just checked out the new cvs tree, and it looks good on my machine. I'll install it once my nightly shows are recorded...

I just applied the misc patches I mentioned. If you haven't started testing yet, grab them before you start.

I've committed #1216, since I got positive feedback on it. I haven't done #1221 yet, since I'm not sure I'm happy with it yet, and nobody said anything about it...

Here's a quick patch to turn channel names with spaces in them from {ION W} to just ION W, and similar for the channel descriptions on the channel list screen (where all of them are enclosed in {}). Since I don't have access to a TiVo that isn't a DirecTiVo, I thought I'd post this for testing to see if anybody has problems with it, or if this is just a long standing bug that nobody has bothered to fix. I need it for my dtivo, but if it is harmful for !dtivo tivos, then I'll have to add a condition...

Comments?